What's In DFB's Cabinet?

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Sorry, off topic, but how on Earth did you get your S550 in there?
You cannot possibly open the doors being in the container.
:crazy:
Although it’s a vert, roof is up.
You are correct - it is a physically tight squeeze through door.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

50ALM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
... Just slogged my way through the Pan the Advertiser video on it. I usually don’t last more than a few minutes with his videos anymore but I was intrigued enough to watch the full 43 minutes
At least Pan doesn't come across as vague and clueless, like Josh tends to.
I struggle watching that guy, so appreciate your pain. :lipssealed:

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Here you go D, another new rinseless wash to try if it’s available to you all down under. Just slogged my way through the Pan the Advertiser video on it. I usually don’t last more than a few minutes with his videos anymore but I was intrigued enough to watch the full 43 minutes

https://armourdetailsupply.com/products/hero-rinseless-wash?_pos=1&_psq=hero&_ss=e&_v=1.0
I'm in love with that brand at the moment, even though I've only used one of their products, the wheel coating. And the store I'm working with has just taken on Australian distribution for Armour Detail Supply. At the moment, its only the coatings, but the rest of the line could follow. Actually, shipping from Armour to Australia was very reasonable when I was buying direct.

At least Pan doesn't come across as vague and clueless, like Josh tends to.
I struggle watching that guy, so appreciate your pain. :lipssealed:
Agreed!

I refuse to watch Josh's content now, he just jumps on someone else's bandwagon to make his own content from. The final straw for me was when he defended that steaming pile or horse manure that is the "Giraffe" pressure washer. Right then and there I knew he had no credibility.

Pan, he is at least extremely knowledgeable and passionate about detailing products, I mean he is living the dream at the moment. The amount of work that goes into making those videos would be immense, especially when it takes me hours to publish a 30 second clip!

Sponsored

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I've been wanting something like these for a while, but finally jumped when I had a request for something to help clean up vintage Campagnolo bike gear. In this case, I'll be using these on a Milwaukee Rotary Multi-tool.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/284485752572?var=586051258634

IMG-0308.jpg

For polishing cars, pads like these would be used to deal with door handle cups, wheels, exhaust tips or any hard-to-reach spot. While ShineMate and Flex produce an attachment for these pads, you need a rotary machine to drive it, in particular a Flex PXE-80 or the ShineMate EP803k or EB230k

https://www.waxit.com.au/collection...mate-mini-polisher-kit?variant=15974217547865
https://detailingshed.com.au/products/flex-pxe-80-fs-140-flexible-shaft-set-pxe80-extension-kit

I have no use for a rotary machine other than the iBrid Nano, so careful use of these pads with the multi-tool will have to do, although it won't offer the same level of fine control.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I have no use for a rotary machine other than the iBrid Nano..
As they say D, like minds think alike <grin> and I too have wanted something even smaller and more maneuverable than the Nano for the tight spaces you described. Of course, I have a couple questions. <BSEG>

Are you not interested in the Flex or Shinemate products because you already have the Milwaukee multi-tool or, is it because you believe the Milwaukee and the "pads" will do just as good a job?

I don't have one of those but just yesterday I had a need for one so I used my Dremel. It did the job but it could have been better mainly due to the persnickety speed control. (This wasn't a polishing task, more grinder than polishing.

Zooming in to your photo, it looks like the Milwaukee has a very similar thumb control for speed. If that little yellow bump is indeed the speed control, how smooth are the speed changes compared to using a Dremel if you've tested it yet?

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
As they say D, like minds think alike <grin> and I too have wanted something even smaller and more maneuverable than the Nano for the tight spaces you described. Of course, I have a couple questions. <BSEG>

Are you not interested in the Flex or Shinemate products because you already have the Milwaukee multi-tool or, is it because you believe the Milwaukee and the "pads" will do just as good a job?

I don't have one of those but just yesterday I had a need for one so I used my Dremel. It did the job but it could have been better mainly due to the persnickety speed control. (This wasn't a polishing task, more grinder than polishing.

Zooming in to your photo, it looks like the Milwaukee has a very similar thumb control for speed. If that little yellow bump is indeed the speed control, how smooth are the speed changes compared to using a Dremel if you've tested it yet?
I already had the Milwaukee multi-tool for other purposes, mainly for sharpening my hedge trimmer blades. In this case, I don't think it's the ideal solution as those Flex and ShineMate attachments allow you to articulate the pad into whatever position needed. For the amount of I would use something like that, I just can't see value in buying a specific polisher just to run it.

I haven't used the Milwaukee for polishing yet, in any case I would be extremely careful using it and stick to speed one or two.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Recommendation for best microfibre wash?
P&S Rags to Riches is the best I have used, it seems to keep towels fresher and softer. When I first started using it, I found it to revive some of my older towels that were on the edge of replacement. Just make sure to shake it up before use.

Rags To Riches Microfiber Towel Detergent Concentrate (detailingshed.com.au)
Shop P&S RAGS TO RICHES - PREMIUM MICROFIBRE TOWEL DETERGENT Online - CarCareCo
P&S Rags to Riches Microfibre Detergent (autobuff.com.au)
P&S Rags to Riches Microfibre Detergent – The Detail Store

IMG-0318.jpg

Otherwise, the Bowden's version is good too, just not as effective as R2R.

Microfibre Wash - For all your microfibre cloths. (bowdensown.com.au)
Bowden's Own Microfibre Wash 1L - BOMWASH - Bowden's Own | Repco Australia

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I don't think it's the ideal solution
Having used the long neck Nano quite a bit and discovering that the length prevented using many different positions, I had the same thought. The articulating rigs would be much more useful but, as you said, the need for it would be very infrequent and probably not worth the expense.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
P&S Rags to Riches is the best I have used, it seems to keep towels fresher and softer. When I first started using it, I found it to revive some of my older towels that were on the edge of replacement. Just make sure to shake it up before use.

Rags To Riches Microfiber Towel Detergent Concentrate (detailingshed.com.au)
Shop P&S RAGS TO RICHES - PREMIUM MICROFIBRE TOWEL DETERGENT Online - CarCareCo
P&S Rags to Riches Microfibre Detergent (autobuff.com.au)
P&S Rags to Riches Microfibre Detergent – The Detail Store

IMG-0318.jpg

Otherwise, the Bowden's version is good too, just not as effective as R2R.

Microfibre Wash - For all your microfibre cloths. (bowdensown.com.au)
Bowden's Own Microfibre Wash 1L - BOMWASH - Bowden's Own | Repco Australia
I second R2R, excellent stuff. I just got my second gallon of it a while back :)

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Most people choose one tool and battery eco-system and stick with it. Me, I tend to shop for the tool I want based on performance or preference first, then consider the battery family second.

I probably don't recommend the method, it's certainly the more expensive route, not to mention juggling various batteries and chargers...............which is the subject of this post. I currently have 10 different chargers serving 11 different battery systems.

- Milwaukee 12v and 18v (M18 and M12 tools)
- Makita 18v
- EGO 56v (Blower, Fan and Inverter)
- Stihl AL101 36v (Hedge trimmer, pole trimmer, chainsaw, blower)
- Stihl AL1 10.8v (Handheld hedge shears)
- Solo 10.8v (Easy 206 Sprayer)
- Briggs & Stratton 18v (Victa Mustang 750iS lawn mower)
- ShineMate 18v (3 and 5-inch polishers)
- Rupes 18v (5-inch polisher)
- Rupes 10.8v (iBrid Nano polisher)

Ideally, I would love to do something like below, but there is no easy access to power where I'd want to locate this.

ccs101.jpg

So, I came up with something that would suit my chosen location. This area is where I have charged batteries from for a while, but in a very disorganized way.

(An old image taken before the flooring went down, and even before chargers got located there.)

csl101.png

To start with, I decided to keep the polisher chargers above my chemical storage cabinet next to the sink, this charging station will be for outdoor power equipment and general tools.

Firstly, I bought a piece of dressed pine from the hardware store, which was cut into two identical pieces. I then sanded and painted both with paint I already had on hand.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/285-x-19mm-1-2m-dar-pine-premium_p8401502

I then secured the timbers to the racks using stainless steel bolts that I also had in stock. This created a gap between the two pieces of timer, allowing the power cords to route through to the back. It was then a matter of measuring and driving in screws to hang each charger, along with two power boards on the back. The EGO charger will remain free standing due to its size, and in theory leaving room for potential future additions.

IMG-0313.jpg

IMG-0318.jpg

I now just have to figure out some cable management to tidy things up and it will hopefully serve me well.
Sponsored