OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
That said, I worry about the future and the clear lead Bezos has in the online retail market. Me thinks we will see our wonderful federal government get involved to prevent the company from cornering the market via a manopoly. No doubt that would require civil suits filed by competitors first but if enough of them complain, Uncle Sam will certainly push his way into the matter.
Iā€™m not too concerned about that, at least not yet. Walmart has come up with something similar to the Amazon model, Target has a couple convenient options, etc. It has definitely put a lot of pressure on smaller businesses that canā€™t offer such things, at least not at a reasonable cost. So I do worry about small businesses in the future (members of my family own a small business that has been around since my great grandparents started it in 1926, so Iā€™m very much pro small business). As long as the big retail companies can keep up with Amazon, I donā€™t think think the monopoly issue will come to fruition though. If they start to fall way behind, absolutely watch for lawsuits to start flying.
I work for a small family business who have been in the trade for 40+ years. The products we sell (plants and associated items) are not especially shippable via typical means, so an online presence is not all that possible or something the owners want to pursue. In many ways, that sets us apart from the high-volume, low-price formula that people have become conditioned to expect from the multi-national hardware stores. We give one-on-one personalized advice, we even take your purchase to the car, try getting that at a large box store.

The problem is, our business is running on a sales model straight out of 1985. As our customer base shifts to a younger generation, so too the expectations on how a business operates in the retail space. Just yesterday, a customer asked if they placed an order on the phone, would it be ready within two hours. I had to explain that yes, if the plants are in stock, then yes. But that if not, then they would have to wait at least one to two weeks for the plants to be in stock. That seemed to be lost on them.

In other words, people are so conditioned to be able to click away and have what they want delivered in the blink of an eye. If they do venture into a physical store, they expect it ALL to available at any given moment.
Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
As for the damn wrong spouts well, they'll almost certainly be stashed away somewhere until after I'm gone and a relative or estate sale shopper will pick them up for a buck. <BSEG> I may one day spring for the CP spouts if I grow weary of pouring from that big damn CP gallon mouth into a graduated cylinder, it just depends on how high the level of frustration is in my brain. <laughing>

As you were, men. <grin>
I have sprung for large containers for a few things but most are just standard gallon jugs, the only two I got as a 5 Liter is a jug of KCx Multi Star and a 5 liter jug of Gtechniq W6 (Iron Remover). I opted for the KCx spout for the Multistar and just do a direct pour on the W6 as I am pouring into my IK sprayer normally for a whole car dousing of Iron Remover...

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I work for a small family business who have been in the trade for 40+ years. The products we sell (plants and associated items) are not especially shippable via typical means, so an online presence is not all that possible or something the owners want to pursue. In many ways, that sets us apart from the high-volume, low-price formula that people have become conditioned to expect from the multi-national hardware stores. We give one-on-one personalized advice, we even take your purchase to the car, try getting that at a large box store.

The problem is, our business is running on a sales model straight out of 1985. As our customer base shifts to a younger generation, so too the expectations on how a business operates in the retail space. Just yesterday, a customer asked if they placed an order on the phone, would it be ready within two hours. I had to explain that yes, if the plants are in stock, then yes. But that if not, then they would have to wait at least one to two weeks for the plants to be in stock. That seemed to be lost on them.

In other words, people are so conditioned to be able to click away and have what they want delivered in the blink of an eye. If they do venture into a physical store, they expect it ALL to available at any given moment.
The pains of an ā€œon demandā€ economy.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Hey D, looks like Yvan has a new line of coatings out.
Well now, that was a most interesting clip, Mark, thanks a bunch and I agree, it's definitely one of his best. Pan does add some valuable comments but listening to Yvan was the show.

First, what got my attention right off the bat was the application and the pad. Instead of gently dragging the typical elongated "sponge + cloth square" in parallel lines, I LOVE that the C6 coatings are versatile enough to just rub into the clear coat just like ol' Mr. Miagi and the Karate Kid. <grin>

mr-miagi-wax-on-wax-off.jpg

<BSEG>​

But using the larger, circular pad (WITH a loop for your hand no less!) made me think, why haven't other coating companies figured this out?

I also couldn't get my head around the difference between the "extra glossy" version and the "extra hydrophobic" products. MOF, I don't see any mention of these difference on the site.

Then, the prices, as you mentioned, Mark, are clearly pushing the limits when compared to the competition. And WTF is up with 3, 5, and 8-year products and how do they differ?

Another bonus for sure is the lack of cure time required. As Pan said, that's a game changer for the pros and a nice little extra diddy for us DIY'ers.

I also understand (although it makes me a bit angry,) that the two high-end products, Gloss and Hydro, are only available to professionals. However, if the line is as good as it sounds, even the consumer-level coatings should be pretty darn good.

Amazon wont face any government wrath as long as they accept vendor sales on their platform.
I didn't think of that part of the equation, Brian and, I should have as it was a very smart change to the business model. That said, Big A seems to prioritize their own when they have the same product as a separate vendor making it more likely that we will purchase theirs over the vendor's. But, the beauty of allowing other companies to offer their products on A is when A doesn't have what you need. I'm a hundred percent in on that.

Finally, I guess the proof of the pudding will be when one of us gives the entire C6 coating process a shot and I must admit, the vid got my attention.

So, who's gonna be the guinea pig? <grin>

IMO D, that "blink of an eye" requirement is without question because of Kamazonski. They nailed the shipping side of the equation with warehouses all over the place right off the bat and of course, getting good contracts from FedBox, Whoops, and (ugh,) the USPS. clearly (at least IMO,) what's on the horizon (at least in large metropolitan areas,) will be delivery in a couple hours via drones and, those will be a lot more profitable for Big A than vendor products.

IAE, (In Any Event,) <smile> I sincerely hope that the retail environment does not suffer from monopolistic practices and that your outfit is able to maintain its customer base.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Well now, that was a most interesting clip, Mark, thanks a bunch and I agree, it's definitely one of his best. Pan does add some valuable comments but listening to Yvan was the show.

First, what got my attention right off the bat was the application and the pad. Instead of gently dragging the typical elongated "sponge + cloth square" in parallel lines, I LOVE that the C6 coatings are versatile enough to just rub into the clear coat just like ol' Mr. Miagi and the Karate Kid. <grin>

mr-miagi-wax-on-wax-off.jpg

<BSEG>​

But using the larger, circular pad (WITH a loop for your hand no less!) made me think, why haven't other coating companies figured this out?

I also couldn't get my head around the difference between the "extra glossy" version and the "extra hydrophobic" products. MOF, I don't see any mention of these difference on the site.

Then, the prices, as you mentioned, Mark, are clearly pushing the limits when compared to the competition. And WTF is up with 3, 5, and 8-year products and how do they differ?

Another bonus for sure is the lack of cure time required. As Pan said, that's a game changer for the pros and a nice little extra diddy for us DIY'ers.

I also understand (although it makes me a bit angry,) that the two high-end products, Gloss and Hydro, are only available to professionals. However, if the line is as good as it sounds, even the consumer-level coatings should be pretty darn good.

I didn't think of that part of the equation, Brian and, I should have as it was a very smart change to the business model. That said, Big A seems to prioritize their own when they have the same product as a separate vendor making it more likely that we will purchase theirs over the vendor's. But, the beauty of allowing other companies to offer their products on A is when A doesn't have what you need. I'm a hundred percent in on that.

Finally, I guess the proof of the pudding will be when one of us gives the entire C6 coating process a shot and I must admit, the vid got my attention.

So, who's gonna be the guinea pig? <grin>

IMO D, that "blink of an eye" requirement is without question because of Kamazonski. They nailed the shipping side of the equation with warehouses all over the place right off the bat and of course, getting good contracts from FedBox, Whoops, and (ugh,) the USPS. clearly (at least IMO,) what's on the horizon (at least in large metropolitan areas,) will be delivery in a couple hours via drones and, those will be a lot more profitable for Big A than vendor products.

IAE, (In Any Event,) <smile> I sincerely hope that the retail environment does not suffer from monopolistic practices and that your outfit is able to maintain its customer base.
At least the way Yvan described the three different consumer coatings, the 3 year has less of the ā€œstuffā€ (for lack of better term without going back to watch the video) that increases durability. The 8 year sounds almost identical to the pro grade coatings, just with different transfer solutions to make working time a little easier for us DIYers.

Iā€™m very tempted to give the 8 year a try. One layer, no toppers needed and assuming proper maintenance and prep it will last the full 8 years and maybe even longer? Sounds really good to me. Sounds like the key is making sure to use APP (the adhesion promoting polish) as that opens up the pores of the clear coat so that the coating gets in there real good (and somewhat self leveling, no high spots!).

The applicator pad is definitely interesting and one I would much prefer to the microfiber blocks. Just seems easier to work with and better able to get in all the little nooks and crannies.

BUT, 300 bones is quite a bit for a coating. Considering Adamā€™s Graphene Advanced is half that cost and claims to last just as long. But Yvan is a smart guy and develops quality products. polysilizane (spelling?) is the latest in the advancement of these coatings so maybe the durability and hydrophobic properties really are that much better now? But I also see guys like Brian at Apex Detail that developed his own line of polysilizane coatings and sells them for much less. They donā€™t have the 8+ year claims that C6 does, but he does have a 5 year coating. And theyā€™re all for consumers, no certification needed.

Agree on the cure time, game changer for the pros for sure. And even us DIYers that canā€™t (or donā€™t want to) leave our cars in the garage for 24-48 hours to avoid getting even a drop of water on it. The 7 days without washing seems to be the standard and probably no way around that, which is fine.

Enough rambling from me, but itā€™s all really interesting. Better to have choices than not!

Sponsored

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Ready for it's last service in my care.................

IMG-0343.jpg

The engine enjoyed sucking in some chilly 17-degree air too! With short gearing and rev happy nature, the engine winds out so quickly. It's such a shame the rev limiter on these gen-2 Coyote's is set at 6800 rpm, it's all too easy to kiss the limiter by accident. Gen-3 and 4 Coyote's rev out to 7500 rpm, which helps make use of the engine's big lungs and inherent appetite for revs.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Ready for it's last service in my care.................

IMG-0343.jpg

The engine enjoyed sucking in some chilly 17-degree air too! With short gearing and rev happy nature, the engine winds out so quickly. It's such a shame the rev limiter on these gen-2 Coyote's is set at 6800 rpm, it's all too easy to kiss the limiter by accident. Gen-3 and 4 Coyote's rev out to 7500 rpm, which helps make use of the engine's big lungs and inherent appetite for revs.
Very nice šŸ˜ Any word on your S650 yet? Hoping it shows up soon...

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I hope this thread keeps going when you have the S650. I've learned a lot here.

I feel like the Ford Performance Power Pack 3 solves that complaint, but not sure it's available down under.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Very nice šŸ˜ Any word on your S650 yet? Hoping it shows up soon...
This sums up the situation............................

I've given up trying to know what's going on with the S650. Apparently RHD production started late April/ early May, despite me asking for updates, the salesman doesn't seem interested in finding those things out. Other customers have been sent emails from Ford welcoming them to the family, some have also been sent a Ford Performance gift pack, some have been notified of their car being made..................................

I've received none of that, although I have a VIN number. I thought being so early on the order list would have counted for something, but I suspect my dealer being a somewhat small country dealer that doesn't sell a lot of Mustang's means their allocations are not priority. I've also tried reaching out to Ford Australia and Ford USA and was basically told to bugger off. If I don't get a car in the first allocations (as in built this year), there is going to be hell to pay. I'm closing in on two years now.

I'm at the point where the whole thing has me quite depressed, it's something I'm dreading rather than looking forward to. And that's sad because it's the only thing that has kept me going over the last few years. I had planned to take long service leave when the car arrives (I'm due two lots of long service after having worked at the same place for 20 years now), but I'm so burnt out with no end in sight that I'm just on autopilot now.

First world problems.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Better to have choices than not!
That is definitely a true statement, Mark. Good post too, you covered all the points. However comma, I'm not gonna shell out three Benjamins for a coating unless I know what to expect AND, it lives up to the claims.

That said, I AM interested in this company, just not interested in being a test case. <grin> So, I'll be keeping an eye out for clips from other detailers who try one of the products and if any of you run across one, please post it for us.

Aside from the coating, I am especially interested in that polish and if it's actually a thing. If this adhesion/bonding binness works as advertised, that may be the main difference between C6 and the competition.

I'm closing in on two years now.
God DAMN that sucks my friend and my thoughts go out to ya as I well remember waiting for my '20.

Some of you may recall what it was like here back in late '19 and early '20. It was a very busy place and it got even busier as the first S550 GT500's started rolling off the line. But THE best part of it was our main man, Earl, (@Snoopy49,) somehow was able to track every dang vehicle and let us know where each was in the production process. It was really exciting.

Sadly, it seems that Ford doesn't give Down Under orders the same attention it does for those in the US and I am most sorry that you've had to wait so damn long. But D, it's just a car and not worth upsetting the equilibrium and certainly not your mental health.

It made me sad to read that you haven't actually BEEN the happy and enthusiastic fella I see here every day, you hit it well. But here's the thing, she'll get to you eventually and within a few months of her arrival, I'm fairly sure that you will quickly forget all about the long wait..at least I hope so.

Hang in there my dear friend and I wish I could buy you a beer and make ya laugh. <smile>

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
That is definitely a true statement, Mark. Good post too, you covered all the points. However comma, I'm not gonna shell out three Benjamins for a coating unless I know what to expect AND, it lives up to the claims.

That said, I AM interested in this company, just not interested in being a test case. <grin> So, I'll be keeping an eye out for clips from other detailers who try one of the products and if any of you run across one, please post it for us.

Aside from the coating, I am especially interested in that polish and if it's actually a thing. If this adhesion/bonding binness works as advertised, that may be the main difference between C6 and the competition.

God DAMN that sucks my friend and my thoughts go out to ya as I well remember waiting for my '20.

Some of you may recall what it was like here back in late '19 and early '20. It was a very busy place and it got even busier as the first S550 GT500's started rolling off the line. But THE best part of it was our main man, Earl, (@Snoopy49,) somehow was able to track every dang vehicle and let us know where each was in the production process. It was really exciting.

Sadly, it seems that Ford doesn't give Down Under orders the same attention it does for those in the US and I am most sorry that you've had to wait so damn long. But D, it's just a car and not worth upsetting the equilibrium and certainly not your mental health.

It made me sad to read that you haven't actually BEEN the happy and enthusiastic fella I see here every day, you hit it well. But here's the thing, she'll get to you eventually and within a few months of her arrival, I'm fairly sure that you will quickly forget all about the long wait..at least I hope so.

Hang in there my dear friend and I wish I could buy you a beer and make ya laugh. <smile>
Will definitely keep an eye out for other reviews. I too am intrigued by the APP. At least in watching the initial video and the video where Yvan applies one of the pro grade coatings to Pamā€™s new Porsche, it does appear that the adhesion polish is one of, if not the key to the longer lasting .

Agreed on the cost though, I can spend $300 better right now, nothing wrong with my current coating. I donā€™t mind being a guinea pig if someone else wants to pay for it though šŸ˜‰

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Service day for the Mustang....................

ser241.jpg

ser242.jpg

ser243.jpg

With only 10,559 km on the clock, it was given the 120,000 km / 96-month service...............again. With greasy fingerprints all over the car :frown:, and $540 later, it's good for another 12 months of sitting in the garage. :facepalm:

They did have the car on display in the service reception, which was a nice touch, nor did they wash it! :like: But, I had to go back in to have the book stamped because the service tech apparently couldn't find it. :facepalm:

I have a habit of removing the service book from the glovebox and leaving it on the passenger seat...............you know, so they don't forget. I do this for Mustang especially as the service books are hidden in a special compartment of the glovebox, which considering this is a country dealer, they mostly service Ranger's and could be forgiven not knowing where to look.

1604940277428.png

gb1.jpg

gb2.jpg

gb3.jpg

The service tech told me that he couldn't find it, that he "looked everywhere" for it. I then pointed to the books in their black Ford branded cover sitting on the passenger seat and mentioned that I put them there because they are usually hidden in the above compartment. Let's just hope that's the only thing he didn't pay attention to.

Other than the page long list of "checks" that they carry out, the only physical thing they did was change the oil and oil filter, install a new pollen filter and road test. I'm at the point where I'm now seriously considering doing my own oil changes, I just don't like the prospect of laying on my back.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Service day for the Mustang....................

ser241.jpg

ser242.jpg

ser243.jpg

With only 10,559 km on the clock, it was given the 120,000 km / 96-month service...............again. With greasy fingerprints all over the car :frown:, and $540 later, it's good for another 12 months of sitting in the garage. :facepalm:

They did have the car on display in the service reception, which was a nice touch, nor did they wash it! :like: But, I had to go back in to have the book stamped because the service tech apparently couldn't find it. :facepalm:

I have a habit of removing the service book from the glovebox and leaving it on the passenger seat...............you know, so they don't forget. I do this for Mustang especially as the service books are hidden in a special compartment of the glovebox, which considering this is a country dealer, they mostly service Ranger's and could be forgiven not knowing where to look.

1604940277428.png

gb1.jpg

gb2.jpg

gb3.jpg

The service tech told me that he couldn't find it, that he "looked everywhere" for it. I then pointed to the books in their black Ford branded cover sitting on the passenger seat and mentioned that I put them there because they are usually hidden in the above compartment. Let's just hope that's the only thing he didn't pay attention to.

Other than the page long list of "checks" that they carry out, the only physical thing they did was change the oil and oil filter, install a new pollen filter and road test. I'm at the point where I'm now seriously considering doing my own oil changes, I just don't like the prospect of laying on my back.
Man, 10K KM is what 5K miles? I feel I don't drive my Mustang much, it stays in the garage 90% of the time but mine has tons more than that :). I am fixing to turn 19K miles (what about 30K ish something) in less than 2 years...

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Man, 10K KM is what 5K miles? I feel I don't drive my Mustang much, it stays in the garage 90% of the time but mine has tons more than that :). I am fixing to turn 19K miles (what about 30K ish something) in less than 2 years...
I work 6 days a week, no such thing as a "weekend" when you work for a small family business as well as running your own. Finding time to drive them is a challenge, quite often I'm so exhausted that I can't be bothered.

I'm now at the point where I wonder what's the point of a car that you have no time to drive, where it's a chore to own and not enjoyable anymore. There, I said it. šŸ˜•

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I work 6 days a week, no such thing as a "weekend" when you work for a small family business as well as running your own. Finding time to drive them is a challenge, quite often I'm so exhausted that I can't be bothered.

I'm now at the point where I wonder what's the point of a car that you have no time to drive, where it's a chore to own and not enjoyable anymore. There, I said it. šŸ˜•
I feel you. I am on call every few weeks so my normal M-F is disrupted often, but I have the luxury of driving mine to work once in a while to enjoy. Not often, I don't like hauling around too many tools and stuff but it can happen when the stars align properly... The winter time is the worst, when it's covered and on a tender for months at a time :(
Sponsored