Sponsored

What would you get?

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
It's blasphemy I know, but I'm considering trading my Mustang. It's only consideration at this stage and I may still decide to keep it, but we'll see. I have only 11K miles on my 15 GT-PP, don't owe much on it and could use something larger. Not to mention, I have the dreaded brake squeal and it's annoying as hell!

If I do it, I'll be looking for a 4 door sedan that offers the same performance as the mustang for $50K or less. I've discovered that's a fairly tough order. Several German sedans that are quick enough and large enough, but of course they're out of the price range.

Thoughts thus far:
>Chevy SS - Maybe the leading candidate right now. Very capable performer, lot's of room, great features. The only real downsides are it's bland looks, and it is just a tick slower (though the difference is negligible). I like the bland looks for the "sleeper" aspect, but that also takes away from it a bit.
>Dodge Charger: Very quick in a straight line, kind of a pig in corners. Afraid I'd miss regret it on my favorite mountain backroads. But seems like it would still be plenty fun. Also not crazy about the side view of this car.
>Used BMW M3 (previous gen w/v8): I think they did make these in 4 doors?? Ticks all the boxes, would only worry about expensive maintenance and repairs outside of CPO.

What gems am I missing?
Sponsored

AlexhadanM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Blue
It's blasphemy I know, but I'm considering trading my Mustang. It's only consideration at this stage and I may still decide to keep it, but we'll see. I have only 11K miles on my 15 GT-PP, don't owe much on it and could use something larger. Not to mention, I have the dreaded brake squeal and it's annoying as hell!

If I do it, I'll be looking for a 4 door sedan that offers the same performance as the mustang for $50K or less. I've discovered that's a fairly tough order. Several German sedans that are quick enough and large enough, but of course they're out of the price range.

Thoughts thus far:
>Chevy SS - Maybe the leading candidate right now. Very capable performer, lot's of room, great features. The only real downsides are it's bland looks, and it is just a tick slower (though the difference is negligible). I like the bland looks for the "sleeper" aspect, but that also takes away from it a bit.
>Dodge Charger: Very quick in a straight line, kind of a pig in corners. Afraid I'd miss regret it on my favorite mountain backroads. But seems like it would still be plenty fun. Also not crazy about the side view of this car.
>Used BMW M3 (previous gen w/v8): I think they did make these in 4 doors?? Ticks all the boxes, would only worry about expensive maintenance and repairs outside of CPO.

What gems am I missing?
I vote E90 M3. That's what I'm getting in a year when I sell this car and maintenance isn't too bad.

Joebroni

Frac E-Tech
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 50th
Are you just in the market for new? Get something slightly used and open up a ton of options that way. I bought my 15 GT PP for $32k when original sticker was almost $48k. Just 1 year and 9k miles on it.

If you do the same thing, you'll open up Audi S6, Cadillac CTS-V, CLS63 AMG, M5 and maybe a couple others. I don't see how you'd be happy with a SS or Charger after owning a S550 lol, but that's just me.

6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Have you looked into CPO CTS-V's?

khannected

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sohaib
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT
I vote E90 M3. That's what I'm getting in a year when I sell this car and maintenance isn't too bad.
You have a 2017 with a decent list of mods. Why would you want to sell it in a year and buy a used BMW? Unless you're crazy rich, that is taking a huge financial hit. Not to be rude I'm just sincerely curious.

And I second 6G, a CPO CTS-V is a lot of car for the money.

Sponsored

Zimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6
Scatpack/SRT Charger hands down. They are faster than a GT stock vs stock and have a very nice interior. I had a 14 R/T and absolutely loved it. I have a Scatpack challenger now and the 6.4l is no joke. With the 8 spd it pulls like a monster and it sounds amazing out of the box.

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
If I were in your situation, I'd go with a Charger Scatpack. That car has so much character, unlike its German rivals.

Sponsored

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
I had a WRX/STI. It's a rally car so be prepared for that if it's your DD. You could prob get a great deal on an SS. My wife and I had a new 2011 335i and I loved that car. Rather than a used M3, don't rule out new 340i...beautiful automobile.

G-Rell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
2014ish Audi s6 fits your needs.... would be my go to....

terryz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base manual
Check out 340i, smoking tire has reviewed it and it seems the engine is severely under-rated.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Chevy SS for sure. Maybe even a used Pontiac G8?

I looked into a used CTS-V before buying the mustang and I was blown away by the price.
If you could swing it though, that would be a great car to have. Especially if its the wagon.

I sound like a damn GM bible thumper....

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Late CTS-V wagon....and I'm not a GM guy.
Sponsored