'15 GT, '20 Raptor
IRS, Better interior, price, v8, manual, tech features
Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
1 & 3 Here. My area gerenic Germans and japs are a dime a dozen, so why not get something more unique
Come to DC/NOVA. Every car is an Audi or BMW or Mercedes. And if it's not those it's a prius or eco car.

emeraldprincess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Ecoboost, 13' FRS, 2008 FJ Crusier
The exterior styling is what got me. This car is just sexy, the lines are incredible and then I looked at the interior options and for the price you can't beat it.

pigdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Premium 6MT MM/Saddle
I fondly remember when the original Mustang was introduced, but no money in the family for a sports car. Got first convertible while in college (MG Midget), then progressed to Spitfire, Fiat Spyder, Corvette (a real lemon), MB 450LS, 1990 Mustang GT Convertible, 2006 Convertible that I just sold because it just got too 'loose' on rough roads. When I looked at 2015 with the new IRS, great looks, great technology, I decided to get a new one. Elected to get EB Premium Fastback w/6sp, Magnetic w/Saddle interior. Great car for <$27k, pretty hard to beat that. Should be delivered on June 13. I wanted a great looking American sports car at a low price, that could still hold my golf clubs in the boot. I'm 64yo now and looking forward to more driving fun.

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
When purchase a new sport cars I would take in these considerations below while still under payments.

1- All around look that dont get bore when i am still doing paymets.
2- Driving experience
3- Reliable (search internet for common problems)
4- Price
5- After market supporting, price for after market mods.
6- Cars dont required alot of mods to make reliable HP (such as built engine, transmission)
7- Maintaince expenses
8- History of the brand and model
9- Service ( company/dealer dont dodge the bullet when come to warranty)

In the pass Ford didnt have the driving experience but now i think Ford have that driving experience at low cost. Back then Ford went cheap on its customer. Now the only thing I think is Ford needed to step up on their QC and it would make them the best American Auto company. I am glad Ford headed the right directions, and continue that path. I personally think Ford did great by providing us Sport car with American muscle all in one.
What you take in consideration when purchase a new sport cars?
Pretty much on par with what I was looking for. I have always had Hondas up until this point. I had a 2008 Honda Civic Si which I loved, but it had a lot of miles, several maintenance issues, and was starting to feel dated. I had an interest in the Mustang for awhile but only in certain ones I would see randomly here and there. I really liked the production GT when the 5.0 came out in 2011, but I had just bought the civic. Stuck it out in the civic and patiently waited the new styling and IRS. I did a lot of research and looked at a lot of different cars but the test drive sold me. This is my once in a life time opportunity to own a legendary American Muscle car while it still has a large NA V8 and a Manual transmission to boot. I already have 12k miles on my Mustang and I love it. Miss vtec occasionally but once I get an exhaust for this thing that will go away lol

Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I got real serious last fall about a 14 Gt, base, track pack ,recaros, and tech, it was about 5,000 off msrp. But i kept running the senario through my head that i will be out in my 14 and see everyone with these fresh looking 15 gt's. I knew the 6g was coming and convinced myself that it was too fusionish. But i still couldnt commit to the 14, just something about buying a car that was gonna go through a major redesign soon bothered me. So this past winter I visited these sites and looked at all the new styles and options, then got out to the dealerships and it was like everyone said you got to see it in person. I was hooked..now if ford could only fix that obvious panel misalignment:( ..and they finally did..and now mines on the way:)

Last edited:

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
1- All around look that dont get bore when i am still doing paymets.
Why I'd never look at a current German, the few I'd consider they ruined by not offering Manual
2- Driving experience
If it were 10 years ago, it'd be a different story, but now, not too many new cars can compete
3- Reliable (search internet for common problems)
Other than the blue smoke issue, I'm not too worried about it vs a german, though knock on wood, my A4 is SOLID!
4- Price
Goes back to 2, especially considering I got a 'vert
5- After market supporting, price for after market mods.
Among the top issues to me, love how the Ecostang already has a huge market
6- Cars dont required alot of mods to make reliable HP (such as built engine, transmission)
General appeal of Turbo cars. Off topic, restored my Revo flash yesterday and fuck is it addicting, got a mad grin everytime I hit the gas, can't wait to expeierence a tuned Ecostang
7- Maintaince expenses
Got Employee pricing when we negotiated, so I'm set.
8- History of the brand and model
It's a modern day SVO, wouldn't surprise me to see an SVO special eventually though
9- Service ( company/dealer dont dodge the bullet when come to warranty)
See 7, also got the Ok to mod so long as I retune the car to stock :thumbsup:

Elvis has a Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Convertible 50 Years Edition
I built a hot stamp die for it that we run in house. I always liked the 2005-2014's, and when I saw the prototypes of this one I knew I had to get it. Absolutly love the technology that it has. Just a damn good looking car.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Honestly, the thing which drew me to the new Mustang was the styling. I was not a fan of the S197 or SN95. I thought both of them looked really cheap and a little bit nasty.

I just really love the S550, its all the design elements I love from a Jaguar or Aston Martin (mostly side profile) but for a fraction of the price. When I learned it was going to be made in right hand drive I was pretty much sold. A big V8 with a stick for under 34k? Shut up and take my money!

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Growing up, I always told myself I was going to own a Corvette at age 40. Now at age 40, I have a wife and 2 kids (3 and 5). My kids are lil car nuts and can spot a "horse-grilled" car blocks away. I needed a vehicle that we could all enjoy and experience at the same time.

2 weeks ago, I went to the dealership and bought a new, manual GT Premium, black on black with the Foundry 20" wheels. I didn't even test drive it. I looked for the wacky body seams and crooked windows. Everything was perfect.
Sponsored