What make you consider 6g Mustang?

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
When purchase a new sport cars I would take in these considerations below while still under payments.

1- All around look that dont get bore when i am still doing paymets.
2- Driving experience
3- Reliable (search internet for common problems)
4- Price
5- After market supporting, price for after market mods.
6- Cars dont required alot of mods to make reliable HP (such as built engine, transmission)
7- Maintaince expenses
8- History of the brand and model
9- Service ( company/dealer dont dodge the bullet when come to warranty)

In the pass Ford didnt have the driving experience but now i think Ford have that driving experience at low cost. Back then Ford went cheap on its customer. Now the only thing I think is Ford needed to step up on their QC and it would make them the best American Auto company. I am glad Ford headed the right directions, and continue that path. I personally think Ford did great by providing us Sport car with American muscle all in one.
What you take in consideration when purchase a new sport cars?
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
it's 1 of 2 cars that got 400hp under 40k or slightly above, irs, and it has a back seat. you simply gotta spend a lot more money to get that power in any kind of car.

and it's sexy and my two year old is obsessed so it's fun!

I think I'll walk out to my garage and have another look at her.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Never considered an american car before, but started lurking here a couple months ago. Had two hondas, two lexus. Biggest thing was the modern look and much better interior. 5G interior was just terrible when I had one for a rental. I used to want a Lexus RCF but it would top out near 80k for the build I wanted. I still wanted a 2+2 V8 coupe so the Mustang was the next one in line. Price is a total bargain for what you get (equivalent performance to RCF), huge aftermarket support (cant say much for RCF). If I did get a Mustang I would be downgrading reliability wise, you cant beat Lexus. But its not like Ford has german like reliability. Ford has really turned around in the last decade. I had a fusion rental for a couple weeks and I was impressed with it.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Cheap, reliable, V8, RWD, looks good, at a price of around $30k. I always buy the best bang for the buck. Plus I loved my 2013 5.0 and regretted selling it.

NvDiS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
it's 1 of 2 cars that got 400hp under 40k or slightly above, irs, and it has a back seat. you simply gotta spend a lot more money to get that power in any kind of car.

and it's sexy and my two year old is obsessed so it's fun!

I think I'll walk out to my garage and have another look at her.
Which is the 2nd car just curious?

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

Folkir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Things that attract me the most in the Mustang (not only the 6G) are it's beauty, it's sound and it's performance for the money. I love muscle cars in general and the Mustang is definitely a special one.

When buying a performance car I'd consider pretty much all of the points you mentioned, excluding only nos. 5 and 6, because I'm not really a fan of mods.

I like to enjoy a car as it left the show room, for what it is :thumbsup:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
-V8
-RWD
-manual
-locking rear diff
-looks (if someone asked me to pen a dream Mustang I don't think I would change much; the lines are perfect)
-one of the best RWD platforms in terms of aftermarket support

I've wanted a Mustang for a long time. The MY10 body style caught my eye, and the MY11 powertrain improvements managed to get me into a Ford dealership for a test drive. After driving an S197 GT TP, I was hooked but not sold for a few reasons. The interior wasn't up to expectations, the driving position was subpar (non-telescoping rack being a deal killer), and it felt a little rough around the edges. I sat on the idea for a long time until my interest started fading, then I was gravitating toward other new car arrivals like the GT86 twins, the Mk7 GTI, the M235i, etc. I ended up test driving these cars and several others and it was the same scenario each time: lust without that X-factor pushing me into love territory.

Then I saw the S550 during the December 2013 reveal and every other car completely left my mind. I was hooked and spent a stupid amount of time trying to scoop up any information I could. Finally saw the car almost a year after the reveal, test drove it, then spent next to zero time before I placed my order. Damn near everything clicks. My love hasn't faded an ounce and I treasure every drive in the thing. Feels like I got my money's worth and then some.

What's sold my experience? Well, the checklist above certainly, but I've come to find out that the great community online extends toward real life, where I've realized that the community is both friendly and massive. I've been to more meets with this car in a few months than I did with any previous car's entire period of ownership.

My only issues with the car are short. Wish the suspension was more buttoned-down. Wish the steering wheel's 9-and-3 grips were more ergonomic. And uh, not much else bothers me. I can easily address the former issue and I plan on taking this car pretty far in other areas. It's hard to be financially sensible when you have to resist the urge to not just buy every part you want off the bat.

Bottom line: 10/10. My car attracted me for several reasons and has met or exceeded nearly every expectation.

Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro

$33K and it's ready to do this out of the box. And it does it very well. Yes other cars may do it better but nothing will touch it in the price range. A FRS/BRZ is very slightly less but they don't have 435HP :)

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I loved the new body style but have wanted one since the 05 body style came out. Had two Fox bodied Mustangs 5.0 in my youth as did my Dad (85 GT) so I really wanted a car for the 50th Anniversary but couldn't afford the LE and didn't want the Eco. Just wanted the 2015 model.

I love this car! It was the last car of mine my Dad saw before he passed away four days after I took delivery, so I will probably keep her forever. I will upgrade over time and make it more personalized, but I just can't stress again how much I truly love this car and how well she's been put together. If you want an affordable, fast, beautiful and sexy then this is the car for you!
Just look at my beautiful "Maggie"!!
image.jpg

OP
OP

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
Never considered an american car before, but started lurking here a couple months ago. Had two hondas, two lexus. Biggest thing was the modern look and much better interior. 5G interior was just terrible when I had one for a rental. I used to want a Lexus RCF but it would top out near 80k for the build I wanted. I still wanted a 2+2 V8 coupe so the Mustang was the next one in line. Price is a total bargain for what you get (equivalent performance to RCF), huge aftermarket support (cant say much for RCF). If I did get a Mustang I would be downgrading reliability wise, you cant beat Lexus. But its not like Ford has german like reliability. Ford has really turned around in the last decade. I had a fusion rental for a couple weeks and I was impressed with it.
I was suprise how Fusion drive and look awsome, I kinda got an ideas how new Ford would ride after driving a Fusion. I guess having combine all engineers from all corner of earth that Ford had in hand and merged them together, Ford really runs by engineers and marketing now as too run by accounting.

filmamigo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang V6 fastback
I sold my 2012 Mustang and regretted it almost immediately. When looking around for a replacement, I considered Mustangs from 2005 to 2014, and the FR-S/BR-Z. The Camaro I test drove in 2011, and had already ruled it out as a pig. The FR-S was fresh, and still turns my head when I see one go by, but these cars were being destroyed in depreciation. Paradoxically, the used Mustangs were all still too expensive because they weren't depreciating nearly as fast.

I wasn't sold on the 2015 styling in photos and on the web. I wasn't a fan of the 2013/2014 Mustang with the drooped front/side and headlights. The 2015 looked like the same styling exercise taken to it's logical conclusion.

But when I was out looking at used 2011/12 Mustangs, I saw a line of 2015's parked at the dealer (all sold.) They had red, white, yellow, magnetic... all gorgeous. So much better looking than the photographs. The 2015 in the flesh looks like a true grand-touring sports car -- low, wide, swoopy. Very sexy. Suddenly I was interested... I looked at the interior -- wow. I started reading reports of the performance and handling... wow.

The last used Mustang I looked at was a 2014. I took it for a test drive. As much as I loved my 2012, driving the 2014 gave me no excitement factor. I would be getting the same performance and handling, with no improvements over what I had before. And a used 2014 would have to be financed -- at an interest rate that made it even less of a good deal.

I walked into the dealer, took advantage of 0% financing and $1000 off for being a Costco member, and ordered a 2015. I can't wait to get it!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
The Coyote + interior upgrade + redesigned tailend are what sold me on the S550. I'm still not a big fan of the headlights but I got over it and looking forward to ordering a 2016.
Sponsored