Sponsored

What is the Differnce Between the Various Camber Plates??

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Personally, I'm still running the alignment I had when I went to Atlanta Motorsports Park! Lots of camber, little toe. No tire wear issues I'm concerned about.
Re the discussion of tying to find a compromise setting for street/track, the answer is simple. Yes you can, but...

There is always a "but". It is all about tire wear and handling performance. At AMP for example, your right front tire will burn thru on the outside edge. Right rear will also do so, but to a lesser degree. I typically start with track alignment settings, then add another 0.5-1.0* of neg camber front, and 0.25-0.5* neg camber right rear. I still burn thru tires, but not as badly.

Been watching this thread with interest to select camber plates for my 17R on order. In my case, I only care abt track settings, as it will never be on the street, after break in. As with any technical issue, it is about the trade offs. Use one setting and not have to constantly do alignments/adjustments going back and forth from street to track (but will suffer uneven tire wear), or optimize for one or the other. I decided to stop doing that and hit the easy button and have dedicated track cars. Obviously not a cheaper solution, but I go to the alignment shop much less often. :D
Sponsored