Sponsored

What did you pay for a pre-ordered 2016?

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
My salesman has been nothing but cool. He saw I was initially a 19, and voluntarily told me he would ask the manager about getting my priorty upgraded. He came through!
Damn that's awesome congrats! I would do the same but I feel like I've pestered my salesman enough already :lol:
Sponsored

Desmondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB Premium w/201A,NAV,CC,RPA,ESP
I just emailed the sales manager at my dealer asking for an explanation as to why I'm priority 19. We'll see where this goes, I bet they assume people have no idea what those codes mean ;)

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
I just emailed the sales manager at my dealer asking for an explanation as to why I'm priority 19. We'll see where this goes, I bet they assume people have no idea what those codes mean ;)
Haha probably. Or some of the salesmen don't even know lol. Let us know if it works! :cheers:

Desmondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB Premium w/201A,NAV,CC,RPA,ESP
Haha probably. Or some of the salesmen don't even know lol. Let us know if it works! :cheers:
Seriously though, why last priority?

I'm not asking for first, but why not an average priority level? :doh:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I haven't ordered yet. Was going to place my order sept 1st. He didnt think itd be too late in the year to still make an order. I hope hes right. I was given a price of. 31,900 otd.

Gt base
6spd
oxford white.
300a
recaros
3.55s

Last edited:

Sponsored

JIM2015GTRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Altima 3.5 SR Sedan, 16 RR EB PREM (ORDERED)
Out With The GT...In With The Ecoboost!

After much thought and contemplation, I changed my order...to a 2016 Ecoboost Premium. Now I know many on this forum will scratch their heads and ask/wonder why I did this. Having owned three previous GT's (87, 98, 03), I know and enjoy the power, feeling and the manner in which a GT drives. However, at this point in my life, I won't be "running drag races stoplight-to-stoplight nor will I take the car to the dragstrip or track, as I did my previous three GT'S. This one will be more of a "laid-back, boulevard cruiser" and limited to weekends and perhaps an occasional day during the week. I won't be driving the GT in situations in which the extra horsepower and torque are truly needed or will be utilized, so I decided the extra cost of purchasing a GT (higher initial purchase price, higher cost of operation {i.e...gas, maintenance, etc} and insurance) wasn't warranted.

I realize and acknowledge that even fully modded, the Ecoboost will be always be slower than an equally modded GT and I also realize it will never have the sexy exhaust note of the Coyote 5.0...regardless of which aftermarket carback or other exhaust related modifications done to it. But, for my particular driving desires, needs and requirements at this point in my life, the Ecoboost is a perfect fit. And no, money wasn't a factor in my decision; I can (by the grace and blessings of God) afford either car in premium trim. The decision to switch to the Ecoboost Premium was truly a matter of selecting the car that best fits my driving desires and requirements.

I intend to "lightly" mod it with a catback exhaust, CAI and tune. I will patiently wait for Ford to release their tune later this year, so as not to void the factory warranty (as I understand it...am I correct in this presumption?). My current plans for a catback is Borla's Touring and I haven't made a decision on which CAI to purchase....any advice is most welcome.
With these minor mods, my hope is the car will put down 300ish HP at the rear wheels and 330-340ish FT-LBS of torque to the rear wheels. The added power, in addition to the lower weight on the front end of the car, should yield a relatively nimble and quick car that is fun to drive.

Again, Koons Ford in Baltimore was A W E S O M E! They didn't blink an eye when I asked to change my order and provided excellent customer service throughout the entire process, as well as (I believe) a very good price.

2016 Ecoboost Premium

Ruby Red
Equipment Group 200A (Ebony leather interior)
6 Speed Automatic Transmission
Enhanced Security Package
Ecoboost Performance Package
Priority Code: 10

MSRP: $34,180
Invoice: $32,847
Out-The-Door Price: $31,247 (including applicable Ford Rebates)

While money wasn't a factor in my decision, it is worth mentioning the Out-The-Door price difference between the Ecoboost Premium and the GT Premium was $7097. That is, in my opinion, a large chunk of "scratch". :ford::headbang:

[FONT=&quot]2016 Premium GT

400A
Ruby Red
Auto
3.55's
Spoiler delete
Enhanced Security Package
18" Forged Aluminum Wheels

MSRP $39,[FONT=&quot]735[/FONT]
Invoice $38,704

$38,[FONT=&quot]344[/FONT] Out-The-Door, including TTL and applicable Ford rebates.

I didn't do as well on my OTD deal ($1391.00 under [FONT=&quot]MSRP and $[FONT=&quot]360[/FONT].00 below invoice[/FONT]) as you ZIGZGT[FONT=&quot] ([/FONT]$3300.00 under[FONT=&quot] MSRP[FONT=&quot]...not s[FONT=&quot]ure[FONT=&quot] what invo[FONT=&quot]ice was on[FONT=&quot] your car[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]) and StangMan04 did ($2812.00 under [FONT=&quot]MSRP and $362.00[/FONT] under invoice) but I did OK. I have asked my salesman if it is possible to negotiate another 1K off the OTD price. We will see how the negotiation goes. I think you negotiated a nice deal.[/FONT]

Last edited:

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Why get the performance package if you are just looking for a cruiser? Doesn't make sense to me, but congrats I guess.

JIM2015GTRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
StangMan04,

That is a fair question; my thought process was that the Performance Package was, for the great value offered, an inexpensive option, which would make the car handle better and more enjoyable to drive. Even as an intended "cruiser", I will, at times, drive it in a spirited manner, especially on long trips in which I drive back roads. To me, this is a "win-win" situation.

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
StangMan04,

That is a fair question; my thought process was that the Performance Package was, for the great value offered, an inexpensive option, which would make the car handle better and more enjoyable to drive. Even as an intended "cruiser", I will, at times, drive it in a spirited manner, especially on long trips in which I drive back roads. To me, this is a "win-win" situation.

Well I hope you are happy when you get it. With tuning,pp and other mods you mentioned, you might be closer to a GT lol. Heck mine is a little less than $4k more than your EB and that is with tax.

Your money, just be sure you aren't another person who will post later wishing they got the GT lol.

I don't intend to race mine either. But I wouldn't be getting a mustang if it wasn't a GT. Nothing against the EB or V6, but I would get a different car.

JIM2015GTRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
StangMan04,

I completely understand when you say you didn't intend to "race yours either". I enjoyed heavily modding and racing/tracking my 2003 GT. At this point, I don't want to do engage in those activities. And yes, I see your point (as well as many others) who won't buy a mustang without a V-8 (GT). For some people...albeit perhaps a minority...the GT isn't the right car for them. There certainly are other cars, besides the Ecoboost, that may be faster, handle better, look better (subjective opinions may vary, of course) but none of them are a mustang. And after driving the Ecoboost three different times, twice for an extended period, I don't think I will have V-8 regret...especially if the minor mods I intend to install yield the aforementioned HP and torque numbers. I will be quite satisfied. :headbang:

Sponsored

MDRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Well I'm glad I posted, guess I'll be paying that freight fee after all. And the price I posted does not include any rebates/offers so hopefully something is running when it's delivered. On a side note anyone able to track their order through COTUS yet on these 2016s?

MDRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
No. I talked with them and got freight removed. I would not budge on that.
How did you talk them down from the freight fee? It's already below invoice so I'm kind of surprised they were willing to go lower.

JRivera

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, PP
I ordered mine on June 20th.

GT Convertible, MT
Race Red
Performance Package w Luster Nickel wheels
400A w Premier Trim
Navigation
MSRP: $49,025
My price: $45,660

Expected delivery on October 15th.
I made a change to my order. When I first placed my order Military Auto Sales quotes automatically have a seven year extended warranty. This will be my first new car purchase, so I thought it was a good idea, however after the fact I did some research. I found a similar option for about half the price, so I decided to remove the MAS extended warranty.

This brought my price down to $43,737.00 which I think is more comparable to the prices being posted here.

I was also told by Deysha that my EDD is now 16 September. :clap2:

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Just ordered mine through MAS today, and while I would have loved a lower price I am happy with the $34,800 I got for a pretty loaded EB Premium Auto with Performance Pack. Now I just need to get back to the land of freedom.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
I made a change to my order. When I first placed my order Military Auto Sales quotes automatically have a seven year extended warranty. This will be my first new car purchase, so I thought it was a good idea, however after the fact I did some research. I found a similar option for about half the price, so I decided to remove the MAS extended warranty.

This brought my price down to $43,737.00 which I think is more comparable to the prices being posted here.

I was also told by Deysha that my EDD is now 16 September. :clap2:
This was a stock order I assume?
Sponsored