Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any big advantage to using the FL-2087? Is the FL-2062 still a good filter to use?
There was someone who collapsed a paper filter and sent shock waves throughout the int3rw3bs.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
There was someone who collapsed a paper filter and sent shock waves throughout the int3rw3bs.
That one was a 2062. And yes, that sent everyone running for the hills, LOL. "OMG...gotta get that 2062 outta there before my engine grenades. In fact, shortly after the filter collapses, it'll probably launch the stock, reused dran plug right out the pan and through the grill in the car behind you. Took out his radiator!"

s2ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 - 6S1757, 2017 GT350 - H3303
You will also see an increase in oil pressure using the 2087, about 15-20 PSI in my experience...

s2ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 - 6S1757, 2017 GT350 - H3303
Wow, now that’s a jack stand!! Cool DIY, I like it! Maybe spray it black and put a 350 badge on the side :)
Thanks. I found the older I got the more uncomfortable I was getting under a car on jack stands, so built myself a set of these wheel cribs. Much safer IMO, plus modular so you can get the car pretty high off the ground with additional layers. With the wheels off they also work great as jack stands in combination with jacking rails, BMR in my case...

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
You will also see an increase in oil pressure using the 2087, about 15-20 PSI in my experience...
Same. I don't recall mine increasing that much, but yeah, it was there. Funny thing, everyone seemed happy about that. But by definition, pressure is resistance to flow. An increase in pressure (in an already existing system) signifies a restriction. Or such is everything I've ever been taught about fluids/hydraulics/physics. But apparently I'm wrong this time and the increase in pressure is a good thing (elmo). IMH, completely useless, unfounded, untested opinion, I don't think the holes in the metal internal structure flow as good as the plastic internal set up. Something with that filter changes the oil pressure and you'll never convince me it flows better than the 2062 with an increase in pressure. I started a thread on the topic. I use an Amsoil now anyways (which was a synthetic media long the while Ford was still rockin the paper 2062). But I digress...back to your regularly scheduled program already in progress. LOL.

Sponsored

COBRAFREAK1996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Nice. Did you get the plug for the rear decklid as well? I use one of their plugs with my Verus wing and it ties in great.

Finding an orange fury trunklid that's wingless is nearly impossible.

53687604115_be0eba6bc4_k.jpg
Nah I lucked out and found a black trunklid that never had a spoiler. $200 plus some shipping :sunglasses:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I won't ever use a 2062, I think that plastic cage may deform under the heat and pressure of the oil. Just my opinion. Ford must have seen something to make the change.
It's high temperature nylon. Lots of oil filters use a similar center core.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Same. I don't recall mine increasing that much, but yeah, it was there. Funny thing, everyone seemed happy about that. But by definition, pressure is resistance to flow. An increase in pressure (in an already existing system) signifies a restriction.
If the positive displacement oil pump is in relief, a less restrictive oil filter will allow more flow before the pump hits relief, and that means more oil pressure since the pressure is the force required to push xyz GPM through a fixed resistance - at the same oil temperature/viscosity of course, since that also effects oil pressure vs RPM. If the oil pump is not in relief, then you won't be able to tell if one filter is more flow resistant than another since the oil pressure sensor it located after the oil filter.

Last edited:

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Drove it today. Accidentally revved it up in a parking garage and scared the shit out of myself. I keep saying it over and over but it's running like a champ since the new mods.

Like scary good. The kind of good that always precedes something going wrong.

Like your favorite pair of underwear just before they give out.

Like your wife being too nice just before she poisons you. (j/k) (I hope)

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
My 2.5 yr old asked me sit in the drivers seat with her in the garage. Started it up, she freaked out but calmed down as if was warming up. Once warm, I gave it a little 4k rev, hysterical crying ensued. We’re reading a book at bed time later in the night, and she just can’t focus….just keeps saying over and over, “daddy’s car, so loud, so cool!!! Rooarrrrrr!!!!!” Happy man right now haha.
Sponsored