Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Towed it 620 miles. I’ll never complain about South Carolina roads again after driving thru Illinois today…

IMG_5375.jpeg
That looks like a weird drag race.
Sponsored

COBRAFREAK1996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
No doubt that the ST will pull it. If you are going to make it a habit, you might want to consider adding an electronic trailer brake control for safety sake.
The U-haul transports have a trailer brake, I think a surge brake, on them already. But I agree once I get an actually trailer it will have brakes on it and a controller in the van.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
No doubt that the ST will pull it. If you are going to make it a habit, you might want to consider adding an electronic trailer brake control for safety sake.
My 2016 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum (AWD) has a towing capacity of 5000 lbs. Is that enough to tow a GT350?

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
My 2016 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum (AWD) has a towing capacity of 5000 lbs. Is that enough to tow a GT350?
It will pull it but you will be over 5000 I'm sure. Towing it and towing it safely are 2 different things. I personally would not with that vehicle.. Just my 2 cents.

Sponsored

526 HRSE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
It will pull it but you will be over 5000 I'm sure. Towing it and towing it safely are 2 different things. I personally would not with that vehicle.. Just my 2 cents.
The brakes are what's in question. If you have trailer brakes, much better.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
The brakes are what's in question. If you have trailer brakes, much better.
Brakes aside I still think it's too much for for it, especially if you get into a quick reaction type scenario.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Towed it 620 miles. I’ll never complain about South Carolina roads again after driving thru Illinois today…

IMG_5375.jpeg
Hmm,

May have to look into this as the wife has the Lincoln Aviator with the towing package and air suspension. Basically the same platform as the Explorer, but with the Explorer ST engine.

Ahung12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Drove into work, and decided to let Google Maps try and find me a faster route around Chicago traffic. I realized that this was the first time I used Google Maps via Android Auto in this car. Things were fine for a while but then I'd get the "you made a wrong turn" chime, though I was sure that I hadn't. Happened a few times and I was like "wtf is going on". Turns out, Maps would randomly freak out and have me pointed in the total wrong direction or even on a wrong street and try to redirect me.

This ever happen to anyone else running Google Maps in their car? It never happened in any of my other cars.

Bitten in '69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 03 Cobra, 90 GT, 82 GT
Regarding towing with 5,000lb capacity. That, or the ST with 5,600lb capacity can, but the trailer must be factored in. With a 3,700lb 350, you have to be careful that the trailer's weight doesn't max you out. That also does not take into consideration any spares and tools you may be taking along.

Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Drove into work, and decided to let Google Maps try and find me a faster route around Chicago traffic. I realized that this was the first time I used Google Maps via Android Auto in this car. Things were fine for a while but then I'd get the "you made a wrong turn" chime, though I was sure that I hadn't. Happened a few times and I was like "wtf is going on". Turns out, Maps would randomly freak out and have me pointed in the total wrong direction or even on a wrong street and try to redirect me.

This ever happen to anyone else running Google Maps in their car? It never happened in any of my other cars.
No, never. But since google maps is on your phone, is your phone's gps on?

Sargent1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H2910
Fact. They're among the worst I've ever lived in. Where did you pass through?
We drove the length of the state from Kentucky to Wisconsin thru Effingham, Decatur, Bloomington, Rockford. Terrible road surfaces.
Hmm,

May have to look into this as the wife has the Lincoln Aviator with the towing package and air suspension. Basically the same platform as the Explorer, but with the Explorer ST engine.
Agree with the recommendations to add a trailer brake controller but it’s more capable than several of the small V6 SUVs I saw tow heavy cars into the track today.

IMG_4533.jpeg

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Was at Road America on Saturday to see some old friends and make some new ones.
Finally met Chris (Mulligan) from IL and had the privilege of a ride along in the famous "Rented Mule" GT350 Track Attack car.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ented-mule-fprs-gt350-track-attack-14.168923/
It was a great to experience one of the original 350's from the Track Attack Days. Chris kept a clean line and with his mic system we were able to chat during the drive. I was grateful for the mental refresher of the course with my RA track day coming up the end of May.
Even came away with a Rented Mule T-Shirt! I will wear it proudly. Looking forward to more updates from Chris on his ongoing adventures.
20240505_015536161_iOS.jpg
20240504_213629716_iOS.jpg

cortez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Had a Gen2 MGW shifter installed....I should have done this sooner! 😁