Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

sher-bant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Installed pedalmax...wow, the awakening. Also did steeda spring finally, better feel. Rly dont understand the stock double spring design..

Tomorrow..MGW!
I was told by Paul and another guy at PK to lose the spring altogether. Much better feel.

But you've gotta push the clutch pedal down 100 consecutive times after you remove it. Something about "re-training" the car...?
I believe thats accurate.
Sponsored

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
I removed the spring on my 2015 Mustang and found it to be an improvement in feel but I find the spring on the GT350 is better than the one in Mustang. I like the lighter clutch so I leave it in.

sher-bant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Which shop are you using? I'm also Chicago local.
Amato Ford in Mukwanago Wisconsin. About 80 miles north. Near EastTroy. You ever been to Alpine Valley? 10 minutes from there. I go up there a lot, and I think I found a little treasure.

The parts manager, Pete is a race mechanic guy. Worked on Porsches for a long time and raced @ RoadAmerica a bunch. For what it's worth he seemed quite capable. I like the idea of a Ford ord dealer doing my work. Kooks headers/exhaust, JBL intake, tune, lowering, MGW shifter. I'm so psyched!
*Fingers crossed, I pick it up tomorrow. Talk to me next week.

Who would you recommend locally? Maybe FallLine? I know Brenspeed in Indiana is supposed to be awesome, but they're a long way away, and a long waiting list.

Moogatwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ZL1 M6
Amato Ford in Mukwanago Wisconsin. About 80 miles north. Near EastTroy. You ever been to Alpine Valley? 10 minutes from there. I go up there a lot, and I think I found a little treasure.

The parts manager, Pete is a race mechanic guy. Worked on Porsches for a long time and raced @ RoadAmerica a bunch. For what it's worth he seemed quite capable. I like the idea of a Ford ord dealer doing my work. Kooks headers/exhaust, JBL intake, tune, lowering, MGW shifter. I'm so psyched!
*Fingers crossed, I pick it up tomorrow. Talk to me next week.

Who would you recommend locally? Maybe FallLine? I know Brenspeed in Indiana is supposed to be awesome, but they're a long way away, and a long waiting list.

Nice! I wouldn't mind meeting up to hear it in person and go for a ride along to feel the power increase. I was asking, because I just started to get the mod itch. I've heard nothing but good things about D-Mark Performance in Arlington Heights.

Sponsored

gtcrackers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 White no stripe
I've had g2756 350 track package, white, stripe delete for about a month now. Today, I added the white letters "Shelby" to the front splitter.

Gilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, 98 Cobra
So yesterday morning when turning onto the entrance ramp, I saw something on the side of the road. I stopped and it was a Stihl chainsaw! I put it in the spare tire well and drove to work. I put it in my buddy's truck so it wouldn't stink up my car and got it today after work. So now I have a nice Stihl saw that works great because I had to try it out. Who saws the 350 can't be a work vehicle...

gtcrackers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 White no stripe
Has anyone used the Dupli Color custom wrap removable coating clear coat on the front of their Shelby?

sher-bant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Nice! I wouldn't mind meeting up to hear it in person and go for a ride along to feel the power increase. I was asking, because I just started to get the mod itch. I've heard nothing but good things about D-Mark Performance in Arlington Heights.
Go to the Monday night car show at Old Orchard. I'll be there.
RubyRed.

*Its on Monday.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Drove the wife to Hobby Lobby in the Shelby and saw these. First time I've seen an AG with stripes. Blue like mine. I don't think they pop as much as the blue on white.
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender (1).jpg

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
Installed my Steeda Jacking rails.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Drove the wife to Hobby Lobby in the Shelby and saw these. First time I've seen an AG with stripes. Blue like mine. I don't think they pop as much as the blue on white.
However it makes it unique, doesn't it?

I owned an oxford white (done a dozen), but AG and LB stripes? Unique

SolidZebra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Drove it coast to coast from the Caribbean to the Atlantic with my brother and the AMG E63...needless to say he was floored by the Cobra.
IMG_0581.JPG

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I did an autocross yesterday, thankfully ran in the afternoon after it had stopped raining...

I was 2nd in PAX (and 2nd in raw time too!) and won A Street.

Here's my fastest clean run:
[ame]

and my fastest dirty run (could have been fastest raw time, still 2nd in PAX by a few hundredths though):
[ame]
Sponsored