Vs M340i

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
car length on him from a 50-120 roll. I started in second gear and no lift shifted to 3 and 4. he started to reel me in around 80mph when I moved into 3rd gear but above 100 it opened back up. Both cars ran great with no wheel spin.

i suspect he was stock because a tuned 340 would have eaten me alive, but didnā€™t get a chance to talk as he immediately pulled a U turn once I hit the flashers. Beautiful car though, sounded great, and what I was cross shopping the Mustang with!

not worth mentioning is the Chevy cobalt SS turbo driven by a teenager that tried to steal the hit and run 3 wide with us but had a bus length put on it by 100mph. Lol.

On a closed course obviously
Sponsored

Nitrofish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt 301a
@sms2022 good driving on your part for sure there very quick cars Iā€™ve had about 5 run ins with them so far stage 1 91 tuned vs me on radials with catback I got about two cars on him. Buddies stage 2 e30 downpipes resonator del vs me being fbo e85 I got 3-4 cars on him. I raced a manual 16 that was borg warner turboed 40-120 I was still in front but he was coming hard. Ran two shop cars last Weeknd both had carbon hoods fenders and trunks running full drag packs the 24 lci one I pulled about a car then the other one pulled up and got me by about a half car to 130 I suspect he was stock turbo location swap or something similar he wasnā€™t big power but could hear the turbo flutter when he pulled up so I knew I was done ha ha this was all on 22 301a ten speed in drag mode

Last edited:

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
The BMW dealer gave me an M340i as a loaner when I brought my car in for annual service. It was a lot better than I expected, given the extra size and weight and less power. Very well balanced, easy to drive with confidence.

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
The BMW dealer gave me an M340i as a loaner when I brought my car in for annual service. It was a lot better than I expected, given the extra size and weight and less power. Very well balanced, easy to drive with confidence.
They are underrated without a doubt. A stock m340 dynos at nearly 400whp stock. The 8spd zf is phenomenal in that car too.

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
They are underrated without a doubt. A stock m340 dynos at nearly 400whp stock. The 8spd zf is phenomenal in that car too.
What stock M340i are you seeing dyno 400 whp?? They dyno around 360, pretty far off from 400 wheel šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
What stock M340i are you seeing dyno 400 whp?? They dyno around 360, pretty far off from 400 wheel šŸ˜‚
When I almost bought one of these cars in 2020, they were dynoing anywhere from 380-400 at the wheels. I came real close to buying one and at one point was about $2k apart on a deal and was waiting the dealer out. Then Covid hit and I decided to keep my car for a few more years (In hindsight that was a mistake.)

In subsequent years I think they detuned them but the early 2020 cars were close to 400. Thereā€™s dynos from back then on the bimmer forums and thatā€™s one of the reasons I was so interested in the car.

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
When I almost bought one of these cars in 2020, they were dynoing anywhere from 380-400 at the wheels. I came real close to buying one and at one point was about $2k apart on a deal and was waiting the dealer out. Then Covid hit and I decided to keep my car for a few more years (In hindsight that was a mistake.)

In subsequent years I think they detuned them but the early 2020 cars were close to 400. Thereā€™s dynos from back then on the bimmer forums and thatā€™s one of the reasons I was so interested in the car.
Nah man. I know about this, they were all dyno'd with dynojets, they read artificially high. They had several pages in the forums debunking that myth. Still very fast for 360 whp only rated at 380 crank. Definitely pushing 400 crank not wheel.

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Nah man. I know about this, they were all dyno'd with dynojets, they read artificially high. They had several pages in the forums debunking that myth. Still very fast for 360 whp only rated at 380 crank. Definitely pushing 400 crank not wheel. They never detuned them, same engine, the B58 is awesome!
Fair enough, I dropped off those forums after my deal fell through in 2020. Probably like some mustangs are allegedly dynoing 410hp stock with an auto trans. Lol. Still a damn nice car and youā€™re right about the b58, itā€™s the modern 2jz imo.

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
In reality the dyno number doesn't really matter. It's just a number, what really matters is how they handle it in the real world.

So I do have to admit its kind of pointless to waive around numbers, the B58 is awesome and they do keep many cars on their toes! And if your tired of it, then downpipes and an email then your pushing 500 crank šŸ˜‚ Cheers man

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
From 2016 to 2019 the M340i got the 320hp version of the B58 engine. In 2019 to present it got the 382 hp version. There is also a 335 hp version used in some other models. All will dyno 20 - 25 hp above their rating. The model I got as a loaner was a 2018, hence the lower power than my Z4 M40i.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
And if your tired of it, then downpipes and an email
I'm.still waitimg for the tune that converts the trans to need a clutch pedal. With all the computer wizardry and AI, this is way overdue.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I'm.still waitimg for the tune that converts the trans to need a clutch pedal. With all the computer wizardry and AI, this is way overdue.
Funny you should mention that. The 7 speed manual transmission used in the Porsche 911 is actually the PDK with a clutch pedal added to control the shift electronics. The owners are quite pissed that it has the same issues with a clutch travel sensor that the PDK has. It's a $2.00 part that required the transmission to be replaced for $20k (give or take). That policy may have changed since I sold my 911 for that reason.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
I am running it back this weekend with the m340i and a 23 Camaro SS headers/intake/tune. Caught up with the 340i guy around town and exchanged info. He says heā€™s done down pipe, exhaust and 93 tune but tune is conservative because itā€™s his daily.
Iā€™m going to try to run on 93 and then switch to E and see what the difference is.

CXRs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT A10
I am running it back this weekend with the m340i and a 23 Camaro SS headers/intake/tune. Caught up with the 340i guy around town and exchanged info. He says heā€™s done down pipe, exhaust and 93 tune but tune is conservative because itā€™s his daily.
Iā€™m going to try to run on 93 and then switch to E and see what the difference is.
I just noticed in your sig you were able to get PCMTec's flex tune. How are you liking it so far? I was talking to Roland for a while about it then got radio silence, and figured it's a sign to keep stock til I have all my other parts in order haha

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
I just noticed in your sig you were able to get PCMTec's flex tune. How are you liking it so far? I was talking to Roland for a while about it then got radio silence, and figured it's a sign to keep stock til I have all my other parts in order haha
Best money I have spent on the car. just put whatever fuel you want in and forget it. No flashing tunes at the gas station, beats a normal ā€œflexā€ tune by a mile because thereā€™s no adjustment time for the fuel trims to stabilize and on e85 you get full timing like a dedicated e85 tune.

PCMTec does not do the tuning themselves so I had Ray at DRPmotorsports do my tune. 451whp at 6500rpm (dyno broke couldnā€™t go higher) on stock exhaust & drop in filter on E75. More importantly it drives perfect at any mix of E and idles glass smooth.

The hardware/plumbing/electrical was a pain in the ass to adapt to an 2020+ lhd car but I wrote a guide on it with full bill of materials based on my setup so it should be super easy to copy now. Might want to read my thread on that before jumping in.
Sponsored