Sponsored

Valentine 1 Color Concealed Display

NotBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (Base)
Not sure how many V1 users we have here, but I figured I'd post this up for anyone who want's to use a concealed display with their V1 - mine is a custom color LED concealed display.

This little blank panel that bridges the gap between the two gagues in front of the TFT display. Interestingly, there are no warning lamps directly behind where the CD sits. The turn signals and TCS indicators are on either side and can be seen around the CD.
wd4UOoP.jpg

CD gets mounted with a nice strip of 3m VRP and a small hole must be drilled to route the power cord.
Mx8vtAV.jpg

The power cord is routed down the steering column and hooked into the SAVVY unit. Gosh it's messy down there between the V1, ALP, and lightning cable, but everything is organized and shouldn't come loose while driving.
2cxwnQs.jpg

Here's how the CD sits in the dash with the car off:
4sR5KQ7.jpg

And all lit up!
2MySPcf.jpg
Sponsored

ACR2011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT Premium w/PP
That looks great! Clean installation. How do you like the Valentines 1? Worth the money?

OP
OP
NotBlake

NotBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (Base)
That looks great! Clean installation. How do you like the Valentines 1? Worth the money?
The V1 is the best all-around detector for the money, no doubt. The Redline or Wire-Bonded Magnum with RDR-off is going to have further detection range, which is why I run the V1 and a Magnum. If you're really feeling baller, the Stinger VIP is the best detector currently available in terms of both filtering and outright detection.

That said, with all the BSM systems out there these days, it takes a little work to get the V1 quiet, but once you do, it's very livable. It's how the V1 handles K band junk once you custom program it that really makes it practical to use every day. the Rdforum.org guys are a fantastic community if you are countermeasure curious. Another big thing to consider is laser jamming if Laser is used in your area. (check here: https://www.rdforum.org/wiki/index.php?title=RDF_Geographical_Survey)

ACR2011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Thank you for the info! I've been wanting a radar but I tried a cobra a few years back and it was crap. And so I was scared of spending that much money on a radar. I'm thinking about investing in one

Sponsored

OP
OP
NotBlake

NotBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (Base)
Here's the write-up for California:

"Starting at the top, California Highway Patrol statewide, utilizes radar, laser and airborne systems to determine speed. CHP is also allowed to "pace" cars for 1/4 mile to calculate speed, and you may be cited by pacing only. They typically pace for 1/4 mile, then toggle on their radar and cite using the radar data. Your best bet is situational awareness - look in the mirror.

CHP (Cessna 206, Bell OH‑58As, Bell 206L‑IVs and Eurocopter AS‑350B‑3) based airborne systems utilize a high tech camera and GPS system which reports instant speed of a vehicle on the ground. No "timing marks" are used in this equipment, as was the case in the 1970's through late 1990's. The airborne systems are mostly used in dense metro areas, Los Angeles, SF Bay Area, Sacramento. They are heavily used in Sacramento, on a daily basis - weather permitting.

LIDAR is now the tool of choice by the California Highway Patrol for issuing speeding citations. CHP units are typically equipped with LTI 20/20 TruSpeeds (to date their largest arsenal), TruSpeed 'S', LRB, and some older LTI Marksman units may be found.

Local Sheriffs, and PDs can run the gamut of everything else, since each municipality can obtain their own radar or laser systems. K and Ka band, and non LTI LIDAR gear may be found in the wild at the local level.

Your biggest threat to speed enforcement will always be CHP. On a typical day on the road, you can expect to see CHP running laser. For radar, CHP exclusively uses Stalker 34.7, but be aware that there are confirmed encounters with locals running 35.5 on the freeway. 33.8 is rarely if ever seen."

A Radar detector will save you from probably 1/2 of the tickets you might get, but without jammers, you won't really be protected.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I love my V1. I just have the Blendmount, and mirrortap for power. I would like to dig into the more custom programming on it though... may get the Android app interface for it.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
OP looks like a nice installation. I was originally going to use the concealed display and savvy but found out on the radar detector forum about using the android phone and BT adapter.

I installed my V1 with the anchor room mirror mount and tap at first. Then added the android bluetooth adapter and mounted and old android phone next to my center display using the scosche mount from the cell phone mount thread. Adding the android phone w/o sim card with the YAV1 app allows speed and GPS lockouts, also allows custom sweeps and different profiles to switch between quickly.

One issue I had with the bluetooth adapter is it needs to be connected to the same power source as the V1. I bought one of the old phone line splitters and mounted the BT adapter under the V1 on the mirror mount. Mirror power directly to the splitter plugged into the V1 and from the splitter to the BT adapter. Works great now and after a couple days of driving the GPS lockouts start working and it mutes the V1, The display is still active but won't have an audible alarm.

snarkipus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I love my V1. I just have the Blendmount, and mirrortap for power. I would like to dig into the more custom programming on it though... may get the Android app interface for it.

[MENTION=15482]Poppacapp[/MENTION] - which model is for our car? I haven't taken delivery yet so I can't easily look at the mirror.

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Does anyone have a pic of their blend mounted V1 under the mirror? I'm about to purchase the V1 with blend mount and mirror power wire.

Sponsored

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
@Poppacapp - which model is for our car? I haven't taken delivery yet so I can't easily look at the mirror.
I ordered the BV1-2012 Blendmount, and

MT-2009 Mirrortap.

If I recall correctly, I used the 1st and 4th pins on the bottom from drivers side? I got the info on here, so you can search.. if you can't find it, let me know and I'll disconnect the plug and get better pics

I am unsure if the 2015-2016s have different style mirrors. Mine is a Base Auto.

Rags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Jamming was mentioned a couple times. Novice in this area. I take it that is illegal? Again just asking.

Update: just clicked link above and see the map.

snarkipus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm almost positive that radar "jamming" is illegal everywhere. Radar "detection" is only illegal in a couple states like Virginia.