Sponsored

Used GT350 Buyers

aguilar310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302 #1235
I'm currently looking for a used 17' GT350. All the local dealers are still asking $10K for new. I know there are still dealers out there selling MSRP but just looking around I see there are a lot of 16' and some 17' out there going for $52- 56K. If I can find a color combo I like with the right price & miles, I'll jump into it. Why not? I am not above used and these cars have less then 5000 Miles (some) The craze has dropped but the greediness of the dealers has not. I'm to the point where I'm considering another vehicle (BMW M2) because I hate what Ford Dealerships have become. So if anyone here has purchased a used GT350 and would like to share their experience, it would be much appreciated.
Sponsored

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Remember that by buying used you forgo the free track day at Ford Performance Driving School as well as the owner kits sent by Ford to the original owners.

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
My local Ford has a used one they are trying to get $5k over MSRP for. My hatred for dealerships has hit an all time high after this car. The greed is absolutely insane.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The dealer that I traded in my track pack to is asking 63k and change. You may have to buy out of area or state, but it's worth getting new. 99% of the people are Prob a ly going to beat on theirs and dump it. This is not the kind of car you buy used

OP
OP
aguilar310

aguilar310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302 #1235
Remember that by buying used you forgo the free track day at Ford Performance Driving School as well as the owner kits sent by Ford to the original owners.
I can buy my own track day and I still have my owner kit from my Boss 302 and that just sits in the closet. No biggy.

Sponsored

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
Buy out of state, nothing is a good deal in CA.

OP
OP
aguilar310

aguilar310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302 #1235
The dealer that I traded in my track pack to is asking 63k and change. You may have to buy out of area or state, but it's worth getting new. 99% of the people are Prob a ly going to beat on theirs and dump it. This is not the kind of car you buy used
I get that people beat on it, but I will do the same and I don't see myself holding on to the car for a lifetime so i'll have fun in it and move on. With any luck I will find one that was babied and I''ll smack it around. I would love to find one out of the area or state and drive it home without worrying about the break in.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
I can buy my own track day and I still have my owner kit from my Boss 302 and that just sits in the closet. No biggy.
You can't beat on someone else's GT350 for an entire day for free though. School cars are GT's or Boss 302 race cars. The track attack has to be worth a couple of grand.

rumble

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt pp 1999 gt convt
Murfreesboro Ford will sell at msrp in Murfreesboro Tn.

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
Hey Gordon....don't you think the seller would just pass all those goodies along to the buyer? I would think that would be part of the cars history. Don't think I would buy a used one if it didn't come with that stuff...:shrug:

Sponsored

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
Buy out of state, nothing is a good deal in CA.

Nothing could be truer than this statement....:frusty: There are still dealers with 16's hanging around wanting $20K over...just saw one last week in Costa Mesa....made me laugh...:lol:

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
You can't beat on someone else's GT350 for an entire day for free though. School cars are GT's or Boss 302 race cars. The track attack has to be worth a couple of grand.
That was the most fun wasn't it Gordon??? :thumbsup:

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
Hey Gordon....don't you think the seller would just pass all those goodies along to the buyer? I would think that would be part of the cars history. Don't think I would buy a used one if it didn't come with that stuff...:shrug:
Some of the used ones I've seen had the extras but most dealers couldn't be bothered. I would pass the stuff along with mine if I sold it.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Some examples may have the goodies some may not...

The GT350 is the only car I'm seeing in this price range with this much after purchase trinkets and specialness thrown in , the Ford Performance know their customer base, too bad the Ford Dealership network just isn't up to snuff for this kind of car.

User5.2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS3
I bought my '16 Tech with 4900 miles last August from a Porsche dealer. The original buyer bought it from a dealer in Florida in February and drove it back to Colorado. The car came with protective film but no owners kit. I did get the oil change kit recently though. I paid about $1k below MSRP and got a good deal on an extended warranty. CO ADM is not as bad as CA but the standard was $10K all over the state in 2016. The car has worked perfectly and I will be adding a transmission cooler in the next few weeks.
Sponsored