*update* 2015 Mustang GT PP low oil pressure

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Ah, I see that in Florida, the mileage thing does not matter. In California it does. Anyway, in reading the law, it looks like the owner has 24 months from purchase to notify the manufacturer via certified mail of any defect. It's a little vague on whether having documented a concern within that time period is enough, but I'd say if lemon law is a possibility, the owner had better send that letter ASAP.

Also, you can expect to only get 2/3 of the purchase price back with Florida's mileage offset for use calculation. At this point, it's still probably better to try and work things out and get the vehicle repaired. Just my opinion.
Sponsored

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Did they do the following:

1) Put a mechanical pressure gauge on the engine to verify if the low oil pressure is engine related, or if it's just a bad sending unit?

2) Try replacing the oil pressure sending unit?

Since both the low warning message and the dash gauge only shows ~10 PSI at idle, I would think (hope) it's just a faulty oil pressure sending unit.

As stated above...Has the service department checked the oil pressure? If good, did they try replacing the oil pressure sensor?

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Did they do the following:

1) Put a mechanical pressure gauge on the engine to verify if the low oil pressure is engine related, or if it's just a bad sending unit?

2) Try replacing the oil pressure sending unit?
^

its probably the oil sending unit. Should be an easy to check with a mechanical pressure gauge.

OP
OP

dannyboy3461

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Don't believe dealer has done any actual work or diagnostic. They jus turn it on and let it sit. If the light doesn't come on (low oil pressure) they give it back and say its all good. After digging through paperwork for the lawyer I found the issue was first reported to FORD at 8,ooo+ miles. They originally wanted me to pay for a "fuel system cleaning" so I took it to another dealer and they were the ones that take it in and do nothing and give it back. Bottom line, at this point the dealer, ford service, and ford district have all ignored any correspondence I have tried. The lawyer wanted service documents from each visit. I was told I would be mailed the paperwork and never was. Now trying to get the paperwork has became a issue. I have had 4 mustangs before, and I was thrilled to buy the NEW 50th Anniversary 2015 Mustang, but I honestly believe I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER NEW FORD AGAIN!!!! :(

Is there a guide so that I can do the mechanical iol pressure test? Is replacing the oil sending unit a PITA? (Ive done heads and cams on older PI engine, any harder than that?)

Sponsored

OP
OP

dannyboy3461

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If its not a actual oil pressure issue why is my idle erratic.
Sponsored