Sponsored

*update* 2015 Mustang GT PP low oil pressure

dannyboy3461

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
After getting it back from service Friday. Now its worse. Obviously a engine component but ford keeps reprogramming stuff and now they say to bring it in again but I'll be on foot from here on out. WTH!!!! This is the sixth time its been returned to me and nothing has been fixed. When I picked it up on Friday the dealer tried to charge me $170+ for work done. It was done under warranty so they didn't charge me. However, today the ford service district manager for Helfman Ford area (Houston TX-Deb) told me the dealer couldn't duplicate my issue and therefore didn't fix anything. Yet when I picked it up they were gonna charge me for reprogramming a body control module. So why did they reprogram the module if they knew it wasn't related I asked, and she told me, "they probably did it for customer satisfaction." WHAT!!??? So if a customer takes a car in and you cant find the problem you do work that won't help and get paid, just to satisfy the customer??? I am a customer and that statement made me very upset. I will be satisfied when the problem is fixed PROPERLY!! (Excuse language in video, kinda upset)

#fordservice #fordservicerepair #ford #s550 #mustang #mustangs550 #fordwarranty #fordcustomerservice
Sponsored

OP
OP

dannyboy3461

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nope. This issue has existed for a while and that kept me from doing that. I knew if ford saw a tune they would be done with me. Car motor has only been serviced and touched by ford dealers. I am even scared to change the oil. I always get it done at dealer and ask for stamps. Only had one dealer stamp my book. My first new car so I thought service documentation was important but they never stamp that work was done. But, no tune, no engine mods. Only exhaust, interior, and body mods.

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
That's weird. I'd keep making mental notes of when it happens... or if it does, leave the car running so that the dealer can see what it's doing. Does it go away when you turn it off?

OP
OP

dannyboy3461

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Turn it off and restart or rev the motor brings up the oil pressure. I've always thought it was low at idle even when the car was new. I asked about it and they said 7lbs was acceptable (or thats the lowest it'll go without lighting up the light) and my car sits at like 9-10 so they said thats not the problem. Yet it obviously is as how the damn car is telling me it is!! LOL

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Did they do the following:

1) Put a mechanical pressure gauge on the engine to verify if the low oil pressure is engine related, or if it's just a bad sending unit?

2) Try replacing the oil pressure sending unit?

Since both the low warning message and the dash gauge only shows ~10 PSI at idle, I would think (hope) it's just a faulty oil pressure sending unit.

OP
OP

dannyboy3461

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I wish I could. But I think ford should do this work shouldn't they? And I hope it the unit too, but at this point the way the car idle is good and the light is coming on I think it maybe bad oil pump. Thus issue has existed for over 20000 miles at this point. I just hope they fix it soon because the more uncertainty and the longer it behaves like this the shorter the engine life is getting. Had three other Stang's and each went well over 100k with no engine issues. Don't think this one will make 60k at this point.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I wish I could. But I think ford should do this work shouldn't they? And I hope it the unit too, but at this point the way the car idle is good and the light is coming on I think it maybe bad oil pump.
Any dealer who knows how to diagnose low oil pressure on the gauges should be checking the actual oil pressure with a known good mechanical gauge.

Call them up and ask if they checked the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge when the engine & oil was at full operating temperature.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I take it that you're monitoring the oil level about as well as you're doing at maintaining your tire pressures.

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
So, if I understand this correctly you are seeing low oil pressure on the information center or the console gauges and the dealer can't or won't tell you definitively what is wrong and they refuse to address it beyond electronic means?

If that is true then I would have the oil pressure checked with a mechanical gauge as soon as possible. And not by the dealer, by a local shop you are familiar with. If it is low just as the gauges indicate then you have a case.

Check the Lemon Laws in your state I presume you still have the paperwork from each time you have had the car in for this problem. If you have had it looked at for the minimum number of times to file a Lemon law claim, then it is a slam dunk just find a Lawyer and you'll have a new car when it's done.

My neighbor had a Chevy SUV that gave her the same issue 6 times with no resolution. Chevy bought it back and she drives a Camaro now.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
How on earth have you not already filed a lemon law complaint? Or filed a complaint with Ford MoCo? Or at least gone to another dealer? Or another mechanic and just paid a few bucks for an oil pressure test. I mean, I feel bad for you and this is ridiculous... but common man. Get the oil pressure legitimately checked - an old stodge mechanic will literally show you what's wrong in 30-min. I bet. I know a shop by me that would have your answer because they do what is called "real diagnostic work" and "real mechanics" can do. Not just plug a damn computer in and hope for an answer.

Have you insisted on starting up a car they have in the lot to compare? Hell, I'd stop a random fellow Mustang owner (same year) and ask for his help. You'd be surprised. Join you at the dealer one day and you can say, "Hey, here's another one working fine."

I'd also have your oil sent to a lab. I'd be worried someone is putting the wrong oil in.

TheRican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has Wheels
Yeah... I'd done have that car lemoned by now. Screw that dealership

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
lol you can't lemon law a 40k mile vehicle... even if it started 20k miles ago. it's too late.

I'd say be nice and keep trying to work with the dealer. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
if the oil pressure is low, u could damage the cylinders and total the engine

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
lol you can't lemon law a 40k mile vehicle... even if it started 20k miles ago. it's too late.

I'd say be nice and keep trying to work with the dealer. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
This is not true in Florida, each state has different requirements.
Sponsored