Sponsored

Underperforming Lund FF tune??

abuch91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
8.8 is super rich...I've ran e85 on my mazdaspeed 3 and I never changed my target AFR based on fuel... I would still want to hit 11.7 - 11.8 even on my corn tune.
Sponsored

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I would datalog it and see what the lambda is at WOT, timing and also knock.

BadGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Auto, 1400HP GTR
Educate yourself a bit on data logging and what e85 is. Not sure how accurate the stock gauge is, but 8.8 a/f is more then super rich. It could actually cause damage to your motor. Put the 93 octane tune back in until you can get it sorted out. That is where the missing power is at.

OP
OP

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic
Educate yourself a bit on data logging and what e85 is. Not sure how accurate the stock gauge is, but 8.8 a/f is more then super rich. It could actually cause damage to your motor. Put the 93 octane tune back in until you can get it sorted out. That is where the missing power is at.
Agreed. I just went with the pack when it was released :/

Loading it up now

Sponsored

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Whats ideal for idle and wot?
Idle I see 10.1-10.5 I assume the quality of e85 would affect that. And also affect the wot values if its not pure e85 right. That's the whole FF principal??
stoich at idle (and for part throttle) is lambda 1 which for E85 is 9.85. 10:1 is around E75 probably.

at wot lambda should move towards lambda .8, maybe even lambda .85, which based on a 10:1 AFR would be 8.0 - 8.5 AFR....8.8 is leaner. What the enrichment lambda is set to will depend on the tuner, the vehicle, mods, application, etc etc.

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
E85 can run leaner than 93 at wot
incorrect. that's a great way to learn about preignition. best power lambda for ethanol is RICHER than gasoline.

educate yourselves, please.

http://ethanolpro.tripod.com/id213.html

all the stock gauge in the car does is display lambda as an AFR based on what the FF tune says it should be.

E10 is 14.08 and scales to 9.85 at E85. if the calculated mix is between those two numbers then the stock gauge will display the associated AFR.

Sponsored

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Deleted my post due to misinformation...I didn't realize the wideband read the AFRs like that
they read lambda. AFR is always a calculation off lambda, which means there is always room for error in a calculation.

the FF tune needs to accurately represent AFR values from the detected lambda. (so does a regular tune but there is only one stoich value for that).

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
start with datalogging.

there could be a million things going on , fuel quality could be crap, could be getting false knock, etc....

first place to start is always with vendor and lund on stuff like this.

OP
OP

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic
start with datalogging.

there could be a million things going on , fuel quality could be crap, could be getting false knock, etc....

first place to start is always with vendor and lund on stuff like this.
Running the same E85 as another local here running a Bama E85 tune.. 117mph tune and intake only. Don't think its fuel quality. WOT A/F on 93 is 11.2... think its fairly rich to say the least.
But yes the problem needs to be sorted out aa it should run a ton better then it does. I have no lap top to data log right now. So unless I can find someone local to help my log Im screwed.

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
You're local-ish to me. You should come up and I can help you get your car dialed in.

The thing is plenty of Lund tuned cars do perform and run amazing times. When doing email tunes you have to be on your game with understanding your car especially with remote FF tunes. Hell my base tune ran 12.4@115 from LR and on 93 octane Jr. and crew got it down to 11.963 @ 117 with 93 octane and 11.841 @ 118 with FF tune (e50 registered). A local M6 PP tune with your mods ran 11.9 @ 118 on stock PP rims and tires as a reference for you in good air.

Email your logs over. Again Greg likes pictures of bananas and Jr. seems to be a fan of the Bachelor. I attach a photo of each when working with them to ensure a their in a good mindset.

gkviper192

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm a little disappointed to say the least. After seeing all these cars running 115-117mph with a FF tune and intake only..... this is not my case.
Had some killer high 50 degree air last night down here in FL. Car consistently trapped 113.xx all night on E85. 2016 PP, with JLT, FF tune and CB.
2 BONE stock auto GTs with 3.55s were trapping 113 all night as well. Figured since I was not mashing shifts on the track due to wheel hop that I was leaving some mph on the table. Well I got to make a quite few pulls with one of the stock auto cars leaving the track..... with him having a passenger and 2 rims in the trunk I barley **** haired pulled on him ( Fender )
Im figuring there HAS to be power left in this tune and /or that my car is just an under performing pig from Ford.
Now the question is do I try to find a tuner to dyno tune this car here in FL or data log with the PITA xcal 4 and send logs to Lund for review. I don't even have a lap top lol.
Sick03L,

I'd love to be able to help you out, but without a datalog or knowing all the details, it is hard for us to help. Please send an email to [email protected] and we can get you setup with datalogging instructions for your SCT ASAP. Once we see a datalog, we will have a much better idea of what is going on.

Greg K.
-Lund Racing
Sponsored