Sponsored

Two orders up for grabs. MSRP and 1k over.

OP
OP
VoodooV8

VoodooV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
F Type is a beautiful car - probably one of the best Jaguars made in decades and worthy of it's heritage with the E type. I personally considered it and also test drove the C7 Stingray - both fantastic cars. Definitely glad I chose the GT350 though - after 2,000 miles i'm blown away.
Glad to hear that!

The issue with me was that even to this day, I'd have to probably wait til around... Mid April to Early May for my 2016.. and I just don't want to get two of them.. then 2017's come out in Grabber Blue and instantly regret it.

I wouldn't have regretted it at all, if I'd have the cars in my possession, but this is just too much. It's not a Ferrari. It's not a European car going on an overseas boat trip that takes 30 days. It's made 2000 miles away from in a factory where they can pop one out in the matter of days, to be waiting since August with a regional rep CONFIRMED order is absurd.

I have never actually even seen or even heard a F-Type in real life. I can only imagine what those crackles/pops must sound like in person. Is it loud? Ear shattering loud or just enough to turn and say.. "Wow. Holy shit."

And I know I would have loved the Shelby, but like I said.. too long. :p
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Glad to hear that!

The issue with me was that even to this day, I'd have to probably wait til around... Mid April to Early May for my 2016.. and I just don't want to get two of them.. then 2017's come out in Grabber Blue and instantly regret it.

I wouldn't have regretted it at all, if I'd have the cars in my possession, but this is just too much. It's not a Ferrari. It's not a European car going on an overseas boat trip that takes 30 days. It's made 2000 miles away from in a factory where they can pop one out in the matter of days, to be waiting since August with a regional rep CONFIRMED order is absurd.

I have never actually even seen or even heard a F-Type in real life. I can only imagine what those crackles/pops must sound like in person. Is it loud? Ear shattering loud or just enough to turn and say.. "Wow. Holy shit."

It is pretty damn loud, maybe not ear shattering but is loud for sure. You definitely hear it and you will melt when you do :).

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Glad to hear that!

I don't want to steer your thread off course, but I'm finding myself in a similar situation. I was wanting to buy a fun, (relatively) inexpensive car I could drive for a couple of years and then swap for something else new and shiny.

I was NOT planning on waiting for months with no VIN, production date or estimated delivery date. I've waited this long before, but those were all custom orders - not A/B/C package + color cookie cutter cars.

I can only assume Ford has had/is having problems that they are solving in real time, otherwise they would rush these to market while it's hot.

I may try shopping around for something out of dealer inventory, but interest is waning daily. :(

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
It's the best sounding V6 in production today.
It is pretty damn loud, maybe not ear shattering but is loud for sure. You definitely hear it and you will melt when you do :).
Yeah, holy crap. Every time there's one at a meet everyone's necks snap as they look for the car raising armageddon. V6 or V8.

Nucdancer01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford Premium PP, MT82
Well, I'm in a sad situation.

After waiting SO damn long..

I've decided I want to just take my chances on a different kind of car.

2016 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe.

I originally planned to have these both delivered to me early this year, but didn't seem to happen. Cars are still unscheduled/material hold.

Currently both are AG with Black stripes/black roof and tech package. One is 57,xxx and the other is 1k over at 58,xxx.

I have two deposits of 1,000 over to both dealerships? Can I just call them and ask for my money back since they both promised new year delivery, and it's 2 1/2 months later with not even a build date?

I just want to recuperate my 2k I put as a deposit and offload the crazy deal to someone else!

Location?

Sent from my Oxford White 2015 GT PP, Prem

Sponsored

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE

I originally planned to have these both delivered to me early this year, but didn't seem to happen. Cars are still unscheduled/material hold.

Currently both are AG with Black stripes/black roof and tech package. One is 57,xxx and the other is 1k over at 58,xxx.

I have two deposits of 1,000 over to both dealerships? Can I just call them and ask for my money back since they both promised new year delivery, and it's 2 1/2 months later with not even a build date?

I just want to recuperate my 2k I put as a deposit and offload the crazy deal to someone else!
Before giving up your two orders, have you at least gone for a ride in one? If not, would you like to?

Brutane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350,14 Silverado, 14 suburban, 77 bandit T/A
I have to admit that I also almost jumped ship a month or two back. This effing waiting game is BS. I ordered my car on July 7th and still no car. Was so close to getting Z06 wasn't even funny. My wife talked me out of it last minute. So I completely understand. Good luck bro.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Good things come to those who wait. I waited 8 months, super happy now that I have the car

Sponsored

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase

This is the exact color/package combination I want! Who is the dealership?

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597

My thoughts are with you on this for your 2k down on your GT350.... And this will be my 3rd Mustang that I have ordered from my Ford Dealer and they never have asked for a deposit on any of the Mustangs I have ordered, even on my new GT350..... So I have been very thank thankful for this, that I have not had to go through what you are going through, with your Ford dealer, I'm hoping that this all works out for you and you get your new GT350
So I'm so thankful for this and very lucky that I for a call from my Ford dealer last Friday and I have Scheduling date as of March 7th 2016 for what that is worth, I'm just going by the phone call I got from my Ford dealer.... :cheers: John

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
My thoughts are with you on this for your 2k down on your GT350.... And this will be my 3rd Mustang that I have ordered from my Ford Dealer and they never have asked for a deposit on any of the Mustangs I have ordered, even on my new GT350..... So I have been very thank thankful for this, that I have not had to go through what you are going through, with your Ford dealer, I'm hoping that this all works out for you and you get your new GT350
So I'm so thankful for this and very lucky that I for a call from my Ford dealer last Friday and I have Scheduling date as of March 7th 2016 for what that is worth, I'm just going by the phone call I got from my Ford dealer.... :cheers: John
You're lucky, I remember reading a post from someone here that bought countless Fords from the same dealership and even brought them more customers only to be screwed by that dealership when it came to the GT350.

Some dealers will honor their agreements with buyers and some will piss away years of a good standing relationship/friendship. All to get that extra 5-20k. Well in the R's case $50k :frusty:

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Thanks...

You're lucky, I remember reading a post from someone here that bought countless Fords from the same dealership and even brought them more customers only to be screwed by that dealership when it came to the GT350.

Some dealers will honor their agreements with buyers and some will piss away years of a good standing relationship/friendship. All to get that extra 5-20k. Well in the R's case $50k :frusty:
Thanks, I have never had a problem with my Ford dealership, on the three Mustangs I have ordered from them... I already have my DORA paper work and paper work on what we have agreed-upon in writing on my new GT350.... And a Schedule production date, on my new 350.... :cheers: :thumbsup: John
Sponsored