Sponsored

Two orders up for grabs. MSRP and 1k over.

VoodooV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Well, I'm in a sad situation.

After waiting SO damn long..

I've decided I want to just take my chances on a different kind of car.

2016 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe.

I originally planned to have these both delivered to me early this year, but didn't seem to happen. Cars are still unscheduled/material hold.

Currently both are AG with Black stripes/black roof and tech package. One is 57,xxx and the other is 1k over at 58,xxx.

I have two deposits of 1,000 over to both dealerships? Can I just call them and ask for my money back since they both promised new year delivery, and it's 2 1/2 months later with not even a build date?

I just want to recuperate my 2k I put as a deposit and offload the crazy deal to someone else!
Sponsored

ivanuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 Ecoboost, 2016 Mag Trk GT350 On order
you should be able to get your money back no problem. When i put my deposit down, the dealer stated it was 100% refundable.

Good luck!

OP
OP
VoodooV8

VoodooV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
you should be able to get your money back no problem. When i put my deposit down, the dealer stated it was 100% refundable.

Good luck!
Okay, when I had called, they kept mentioning "non-refundable"

:p

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
May I ask what made you want to go for the f-type?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
When I placed my order they clearly said non refundable. But if I backed out I could at anytime use that on my next purchase towards any other new car. Which I was ok with because I deal with this salesman 2 times a year for the last 14 years.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Interesting. Seems like as the ADMs drop, some people are unloading their orders....the thinking originally being that they would be so far on the positive side, that they could make some money. Not saying that's you - but that comes to mind when I see this kind of post.

Def not judging, either. If they offer silver or liquid blue for '17, there's a good chance I'll be trying to flip my R for one.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
^^Also, depending on the state, most deposits for new cars are refundable. You haven't negotiated financing and you don't even have a VIN yet. The car doesn't exist. Look up your local laws.

OP
OP
VoodooV8

VoodooV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Interesting. Seems like as the ADMs drop, some people are unloading their orders....the thinking originally being that they would be so far on the positive side, that they could make some money. Not saying that's you - but that comes to mind when I see this kind of post.

Def not judging, either. If they offer silver or liquid blue for '17, there's a good chance I'll be trying to flip my R for one.
My original idea was to track one, and go FI on the other one. (Lethal Performance idea)

Then, I realized in addition to that being a somewhat crazy idea I had planned for the longest time, I can't wait that much longer. So I'm offloading em.

May I ask what made you want to go for the f-type?

Secondly the F-Type costs as much as both of them, and will serve as a great fun car with some crazy noises. Figured I'd give the Jag a shot. A youtube video swayed me.

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
My original idea was to track one, and go FI on the other one. (Lethal Performance idea)

Then, I realized in addition to that being a somewhat crazy idea I had planned for the longest time, I can't wait that much longer. So I'm offloading em.

Secondly the F-Type costs as much as both of them, and will serve as a great fun car with some crazy noises. Figured I'd give the Jag a shot. A youtube video swayed me.
No harm there man. I was cross-shopping Cayman, F-Type, and C7 Corvettes with the 350. Ended up just saying to hell with it and have stuck by the 350. Although I recently had a sweet RS5 deal pass my way and I was REALLY fighting not taking it.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
The Jag F-type R coupe is an amazing and gorgeous car. I was on the way to the airport in my wife's QX56 when a 50ish year old women was passing me in her R coupe and noticed I was admiring her Jag. I put the window down and she nailed it at 70mph. The sound was truly amazing. I was a viscous growl that had an exotic note to it. It was loud, too. She kept doing this for about 5 minutes before she got off at an exit before the airport.

That car has to be one of the top 5 sounding cars out there right now. Hell I would put it in the top 3.

Enjoy your new R coupe.

Sponsored

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
The Jag F-type R coupe is an amazing and gorgeous car. I was on the way to the airport in my wife's QX56 when a 50ish year old women was passing me in her R coupe and noticed I was admiring her Jag. I put the window down and she nailed it at 70mph. The sound was truly amazing. I was a viscous growl that had an exotic note to it. It was loud, too. She kept doing this for about 5 minutes before she got off at an exit before the airport.

That car has to be one of the top 5 sounding cars out there right now. Hell I would put it in the top 3.

Enjoy your new R coupe.
Even the v6 sounds delicious.

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Are you planning to track it? The Jag has one of the best exhaust sounds ever and if you get the chance to, drive one. You'll spend most your time lifting off the throttle to hear the exhaust pop like the 4th of July! lol

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
F Type is a beautiful car - probably one of the best Jaguars made in decades and worthy of it's heritage with the E type. I personally considered it and also test drove the C7 Stingray - both fantastic cars. Definitely glad I chose the GT350 though - after 2,000 miles i'm blown away.

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It would seem that if dealing two times a year for 14 years meant something to this salesmen your deposit would be refundable
Sponsored