Tuned GT Question

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I wanted to put this here for reference for the OP's discovery of the taps on the OBDII port. @Skye provided it in another post earlier this week.

Screenshot_20240418_222430_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium, 76 Harley shovel, 77 KZ1000
Although not my concern, since flashing the Ford Performance power pack 3 tune onto my 17 - I wonder what that does to resale.

There is no true “left over” wiring that one would find with a FP tune though.

It could also be one of those throttle modifiers, pedal commander or something.
You can return to the stock tune with your Procal 3 program if a buyer does not want it in the car.

BD

OP
OP

Oilspot6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Convertible
On the top center of the PCM page with tune opened it should have a string, something like HR3Z-1407-GG

go to calibration tools top left of your screen and click show tricore calibration list

Find the string in the page that opens up and verify it is for your model car. If it is Any Ford dealer can open it.
When I opened the file it lists several dozen versions of the Mustang GT and year combinations.

is that good or bad?

if it was the “as built “ file, it would only list one vehicle?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It is the operating system for your PCM. Yes it will cover many cars. As long as yours is listed all is good.

OP
OP

Oilspot6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Convertible
I've been traveling a bit and haven't had time to dig into the diagnostics yet. Today I was doing research to prep for a day of diagnostics and stumbled onto a "new" TSB that may be related to my problem. The TSB was published after my last visit to the dealer.

I think the brake recall, requires BCM programming and that's what failed. What do you esteemed members think?

TSB_52430.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: