bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:Get the ladies with part throttle power. Wonder how many tee shirts I can sell with that slogan on it?:confused:
Sponsored

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Maybe I' a complete moron, but if the Ecoboost allegedly makes more torque up to 2500 and optimal launch for the GT is what..3000-3500?...then why would anyone ever expect the Eco to ever get ahead of a GT from the get-go? Literally, the cars would have to launch from idle..lol. Even in a roll race you would ideally be sitting somewhere near redline for the particular gear you're in..

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
This thread is gold. :)

Sponsored

LuckyJerk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang AT
Just my 2 cents from an Eco-Stang owner.....

If you are buying an ecoboost for the drag racing / straight line performance sorry you bought the wrong car. Sure throw $xxxxx (Insert dollar amount here) and you can have X00 (Insert HP here) and get blazing fast times. But at the same time you should of saved your money and bought the GT.

I for one have nice twisty roads on my way to and from work so the lower to mid range punch of torque (3000K - 5000K) feels great and with the lighter nose that's where it shines hence why I bought mine. Its all about what kind of driving you prefer.

I'm sure people here are familiar with Matt from the SmokingTire. He said the same thing. Car does not feel any way fast on the track drive he did like the GT (Track having long straights and such) but when he reviewed the eco in the canyons that's where he said it shined.

You have to ask yourself where do I drive? what kind of driving you like to do?

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Damn I hope I never have to line up with an EB. Reading this thread it's evident I bought the wrong car.

This thread is definitely top 5 for me.

1251654909866.jpg

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Maybe I' a complete moron, but if the Ecoboost allegedly makes more torque up to 2500 and optimal launch for the GT is what..3000-3500?...then why would anyone ever expect the Eco to ever get ahead of a GT from the get-go? Literally, the cars would have to launch from idle..lol. Even in a roll race you would ideally be sitting somewhere near redline for the particular gear you're in..

A protuned Ecoboost will make more torque around those RPMs that a GT. Its pretty much a matter of looking up the dynos. Stock ecoboost? Absolutely not. And the eco being 200 lbs lighter it will get the jump until the monster v8 kicks in later on.

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
I've read enough hard evidence posted in this thread to convince me that from idle to 2000 RPM both the ecoboost and the pinto will beat down any and all v8 competitors in a "part throttle" line up. Steer clear of them 4 cyl. terrors or be prepared to eat dust in any "part throttle" throw down.

Sponsored

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
My best times with the 392:

0-60: 4.2
1/4: 12.2 @ 116

I'm not messing with that stoplight terror ecoboost

DiMaio90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Bragging about torue @2500 is like bragging that your half chub looks huge. No one bangs with a semi. Who launches at 2500 anyway. More like 4K. And you won't see rpms below 5.5k the rest of the race.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Well the fastest stock block ecoboost was in the 10s. It just had a big turbo, e30, etc. Thats the most extreme though. But dont feel bad if a tuned ecoboost beats u off the line and it takes a while for u to catch up. You definitely will depending how long the run is.
You mean this one???[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]Isj325HWtbg[/MEDIA]"]

Masorcas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BLACK GT PP PREMIUM
I had a 2015 gt pp and now a scat pack charger and honestly the 5.0 is not even close . I have raced stock mustang 5.0's aloot of times and its not even a race

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I read the title only and lol'd before even clicking. I knew it was going to be this. What's this bullshit about peak torque? Lol fuck peak torque. Net torque is what these guys should care about. Rookies. Gotta agree with bluebeast. More peak torque to 2500 is hilarious.
Sponsored