Sponsored

track video ?

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
For those who track there cars and use a go pro.
How do you link the video with the track info?
I downloaded Harrys laptimer. I am technologically challenged
on a good day. I have videos with my Go Pro 3
from last car, I want to set up this with Harrys lap timer,
for track days this year.
Any help would be appreciated :)
Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
It's a whole annoying process, but you have get the video off the GoPro and transfer it back onto your phone and then sync it. I usually copy it from the GP SD card to my computer, trim the video back to relevant sections, then use AirDrop (all Macs and iPhones here) to copy it over to my phone, then edit the correct lap and add the video in there. Then the fun part is you have to figure out syncing, which usually isn't as straight forward as the finish line on the video. Usually I have to go 2-4 rounds of this before syncing is somewhat correct.

You can use Harry's as a remote for the GoPro if you're linked up over wifi to it at the time. I don't do that because I usually have multiple cameras and leaving wifi on on the GP tends to drain the crap out of the battery.

It's not a process for the technophobic. :\

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I have an older go pro hero2 and haven't bothered trying to sync it up with my video from Harry's. I may try using the go pro editing software to combine the two, but have not embarked on that journey yet. So far I've just been using the lap timer video.

-T

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I have an older go pro hero2 and haven't bothered trying to sync it up with my video from Harry's. I may try using the go pro editing software to combine the two, but have not embarked on that journey yet. So far I've just been using the lap timer video.

-T
If the camera is not mounted outside, is there an advantage to the GoPro over the iPhone with Harry's app and a remote mic?

[ame]

http://www.gps-laptimer.de

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
If the camera is not mounted outside, is there an advantage to the GoPro over the iPhone with Harry's app and a remote mic?
You can not fill up your phone with loads of video for one if you're using a GP. The GP also has field of view selection, so you can get wide angles. Also note that in the video comparison you included was using an iPhone Plus, which has optical image stabilization, any other iPhone does not have that so you'll get just as much jitter as a GP.

OP
OP
ohtobbad

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Lots of guys using go pro's with the timer, MPH all of it.
Must be an easier way to have it overlaid in video ?

I have the external mic for go pro as well, to eliminate wind buffering.
Sponsored