Track Pack to R Spoiler Conversion

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I have spent sometime in Ford parts catalog but cannot find a trunk assembly. I searched for "trunk" and of the 10 some results, most expensive choice is under $200 so i m assuming that piece is not called trunk in assembly terms? Any pointers?
Just call your local Ford Parts department? Probably able to get a cheaper price than ordering online.

OP
OP

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Will call them but first looking into how involved it is to move all the parts over and whether i need to buy additional pieces like weather strip/carpet cover etc

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Does anyone know if that's correct about Tech cars not having the center holes? I thought they did.
The Tech cars have the holes in the deck lid. They are identical holes to those used by the track pack spoiler.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

mrdigray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 - White Blue Stripes
Does anyone know if the Nissan GTR spoiler will fit? It's shaped sort of like the R-spoiler but with a small piece in the middle. That may cover up some of the hole.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Does anyone know if the Nissan GTR spoiler will fit? It's shaped sort of like the R-spoiler but with a small piece in the middle. That may cover up some of the hole.
Hahaha... no, just no. :headbonk::headbonk:

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Reminds me of the time I got flamed on a Ducati forum for stating I repaired my red 900 Super Sport with Hyundai Race Red paint. Why was I putting Japanese paint on an Italian motorcycle, even though it was a perfect match. Like there was an ethnic aspect to paint.
I'm not really sure what to do with this one !

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Reminds me of the time I got flamed on a Ducati forum for stating I repaired my red 900 Super Sport with Hyundai Race Red paint. Why was I putting Japanese paint on an Italian motorcycle, even though it was a perfect match. Like there was an ethnic aspect to paint.
I'm not really sure what to do with this one !
I think in this case it's more like what's the point? Yes, the wing is cool, but to do it right, it will cost $$. Money you will never get back.

I guess the other point some are making is that no matter how many times or ways you ask a question, the problem remains the same. If you can't afford to do it right, why keep on asking? The answer will not change.

The best way to do it is buy a lid, paint it, and attach the damn wing. Second would be weld/fill, repaint and mount the wing. Third would be live with the improvised hole covers.

Again, resale value would be my concern because I wouldn't want someone else's rig, nor would I want an R partial clone as a perspective buyer.

I would be curious to hear what mcars is going to do (if anything at all).

I certainly hope he doesn't want to debate this anymore for the sake of debate in mcars fashion.

Bertetto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350 Magnetic Metallic
Here's an option

51+tVvdQvCL._AC_US160_.jpg
Found this on Amazon, it's not carbon but it does have piece that covers the holes in the middle. $168 for the kit

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Again, resale value would be my concern because I wouldn't want someone else's rig, nor would I want an R partial clone as a perspective buyer.
I see partial 65-66 GT350 clones and partial R clones at some car meets. They always get a crowd around them... maybe cause they are all trying to point out the fake parts?:eyebulge:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I can't stand people that half ass things. Do it once. Do it right.
Anything that is worth doing is worth doing right, or don't do it at all. It amazes me that people will spend money on a part, then complain how much it cost to install the part the correct way.
It's kinda like someone trying to lose weight. They eat a Big Mac, large fries and wash it down with a Diet Coke and wonder why they still gain weight. "But I drank a Diet Coke" it has no sugar!

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I see partial 65-66 GT350 clones and partial R clones at some car meets. They always get a crowd around them... maybe cause they are all trying to point out the fake parts?:eyebulge:
I agree. Clones suck.
So do kit cars. I have no interest in cobra kit cars or anything else along those lines. Like a Pontiac Ferrari.
Sponsored