Sponsored

TR3160 oil drain bolt torque spec ?

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Clutch engaged means having the clutch in its standard position. Sounds like you're referring to having the clutch depressed while stopped, when th clutch is disengaged. Only real negative to this is that your throw out bearing (clutch release bearing) will wear faster.
That makes sense now :doh:
Thanks for setting me straight on this one. Had the logic of the terminology reversed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
montreal ponies

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Any particular recommendations in regards to whether the transmission/rear diff fluid should be changed early on as part of a "break in" per se? Got almost 5000kms on mine and wondering whether I should change them come springtime when i take it out of storage, or whether premature changes were only meant for cars that see a lot of track time?
Well i'm not taking any chances, i just changed both tranny and diff fluids with BG Synchroshift II for tranny and OE rear diff oil from Motorcraft.

I saw quite a bit of metal shavings so in the end i think it was a no brainer for peace of mind and $100. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
montreal ponies

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Isn't the shop manual like $80... I mean... common.
Can you provide part # of said shop manual for $80. , cuz my Ford dealership which i just got off the phone with, tells me they don't see it in their system.

Unless you meant getting a service manual from a different supplier which i'm not aware of.

In any case, if anyone with a Shelby GT350 has a service manual ( book, not CD), please let me know where you got it. Thx

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Reactions: TDC
OP
OP
montreal ponies

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The GT350 is in the Mustang CD and does not have its own service manual.

OP
OP
montreal ponies

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
The GT350 is in the Mustang CD and does not have its own service manual.
Ok fair enough, but what do i choose in the above drop down menu ?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In my case, I have the 2016 service manual on CD. If that is what you are looking for then this is what you want.
_Helm.jpg

Reactions: TDC

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Well i'm not taking any chances, i just changed both tranny and diff fluids with BG Synchroshift II for tranny and OE rear diff oil from Motorcraft.

I saw quite a bit of metal shavings so in the end i think it was a no brainer for peace of mind and $100. :thumbsup:
Do you by chance have the part #'s for those fluids or links? Any reason you went with the Motorcraft brand rather than an aftermarket fluid?

OP
OP
montreal ponies

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Do you by chance have the part #'s for those fluids or links? Any reason you went with the Motorcraft brand rather than an aftermarket fluid?

Hey Justin, check out my pic for product brand.

I went with BG tranny fluid as it is a better fluid than the ATF that Ford uses n our manual trans missions. I heard and read stellar reviews and know of different hard core racers that use this stuff.

As far as the rear end is concerned, i sticked with the Ford stuff for no particular reason.
IMG_1667.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
montreal ponies

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
In my case, I have the 2016 service manual on CD. If that is what you are looking for then this is what you want.
Thanks mon ami. :cheers:

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Hey Justin, check out my pic for product brand.

I went with BG tranny fluid as it is a better fluid than the ATF that Ford uses n our manual trans missions. I heard and read stellar reviews and know of different hard core racers that use this stuff.

As far as the rear end is concerned, i sticked with the Ford stuff for no particular reason.
Thanks man, just curious if the BG fluid states on the bottle that it meets Ford's "specs" or whatever standard they abide by? Wondering if there were ever an issue, could they possibly deny a claim based on oil being used that does not meet their internal specifications.

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
The manual recommends changing the diff fluid after 2 hours of track use, IIRMC. Whether that translates into time or miles for street-only driving, I won't speculate. But, when I changed my fluid after a few track events and approximately 3500 miles, it was quite discolored and the magnetic plug had accumulated quite a bit of "debris."

I went with a Motorcraft 75/140 formulation for a bit more heat capacity and durability, along with the Motorcraft friction modifier.

Any particular recommendations in regards to whether the transmission/rear diff fluid should be changed early on as part of a "break in" per se? Got almost 5000kms on mine and wondering whether I should change them come springtime when i take it out of storage, or whether premature changes were only meant for cars that see a lot of track time?

OP
OP
montreal ponies

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Thanks man, just curious if the BG fluid states on the bottle that it meets Ford's "specs" or whatever standard they abide by? Wondering if there were ever an issue, could they possibly deny a claim based on oil being used that does not meet their internal specifications.
There's a vendor on this site that sells BG fluid for the US, but i got mine at a GM dealership since it is what they use in all manual transmissions including Camero's and Crevette's.;)

tom185

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
It's a shame they don't support Windows 3.0 or NT 3.51. Helm better step up their game.
Win.jpg
Sponsored