Sponsored

This is the most impressive car I've ever driven

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
100%. That is really what I meant by the car being so impressive. There is so much performance and livability for a relatively low price. The car isn't perfect but it such a good complete package.

And ha, yeah. My Mach 1 would be right at home with it's grandfather. Colorado mountain roads are covered in gravel and dirt this time of year (but no salt!). Snow/Wet mode works extremely well with the Torsen on broken terrain. Since Torsens act as open diffs when both wheels lose traction, it is never scary pushing it as long as you keep weight transfer in check. Aside from a few QA issues, Ford did a hell of a job with this car.
Agree. As a whole/package, the Mach 1 is hard to beat (SS 1LE is technically the even better driver's car but lack of visibility and practicality make the S550 the winner IMO plus the Coyote is the more exciting engine).

Mach 1 is the jack of all trades, master of none. Can be a comfortable GT car for traveling, a daily driver on one hand, a canyon carver and a track weapon on the other.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Machman23

Machman23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Premium Mach 1 6-Speed with Recaros
SS 1LE is technically the even better driver's car but lack of visibility and practicality make the S550 the winner IMO plus the Coyote is the more exciting engine
Really interesting how aligned Mach 1 owner's mentality about cars seems to be.

I was so close to buying a 1LE/2SS or a CT4 Blackwing but couldn't justify either, the former for this exact reason. After sitting in a Camaro, I knew I would regret it because of the ridiculously high belt line and gauge cowl (not to mention the looks). I didn't get a chance to drive the CT4 but it would have been even more expensive for a boring TTV6. For the money, the Mach 1 is really only beat on intangibles, which are somewhat subjective.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
I made a deal with the dealership in December 2022 to swap a pair of optional wheels they had on a 800 mile used mach 1 . They didnā€™t charge me extra. Also has Recaros in leather which in my area are hard to find. The Tremec is the best manual and really makes the mach1 such a fun machine. Heck the new dark horse is just a 2024 mach 1. I had a GT 350 with the same trans. I feel the mach 1 has a better kick in the pants on the street compared to the voodoo. Donā€™t get me wrong the voodoo engine above 5000 rpms wails. But as a DD that coyote just has more grout down low. 7500 red line is just perfect even though I havenā€˜t got 500 miles on her yet. However I did drive a used manual mach 1 and scared the salesman I think. I have a 2006 Hertz Shelby ( 9100 miles ) so I really needed a manual !!! Love the hood design on the GT-H. Even though itā€™s not functional like the mach 1

D04FE682-AF4A-477C-8CB4-BADFFEFE334B.jpeg

3D1E185E-31F6-4E29-975A-EB06B41BEC9F.jpeg

56220A68-C238-4831-A6F9-71D11E97F504.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: