Sponsored

This is the most impressive car I've ever driven

Machman23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Premium Mach 1 6-Speed with Recaros
I picked up my 6-speed, premium with Recaros, no HP, 2023 Mach 1 (P0028) on Tuesday. I took today off from work, and went for a little solo rally - 150 miles over 3 hours through the Rocky Mountains on traffic free roads, including some dirt that I used to test the limit handling. This is the most impressive car I've ever driven.

Which doesn't mean anything but I do like to think I have a little bit of experience. I drove a modified Focus ST and a stock Veloster N in a local auto cross series for four full seasons, and most recently put 14k miles on a GR86 that I planned on racing in 86CUP this coming season. I've also spent a lot of time behind the wheel of my best friend's E90 M3, and I've had seat time on track in various other Bimmers and some not-so-new Porsches.

I spent the past few days getting familiar with the car, and I'm very impressed with how compliant it feels to my Stinger when driving around town. But after coming home from my sprint through my favorite mountain roads, roads that I put roughly 10k of the 14k miles on my GR86 on, the Mach 1 has left me a believer. On the downhill, off throttle and with light brake applications, the Mach 1 felt identical to my former 86. It completely shrunk around me and responded to inputs in the same brilliant form as the 86. However, on throttle and hard on the brakes, there is no comparison. At the limit (for public roads, never go over hard yellows), this car is world class relative to anything else I've driven. I can't wait to get it out on track.

2023-03-03 Mountain Mud Parked - Front Close 1.jpg

2023-03-03 Mountain Mud Parked - Front Drive Quarter 3.jpg

2023-03-03 Mountain Mud Parked - Rear Three-Quarters 1.jpg
Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Every time I slam them gears driving to work puts a smile on my face. The tremec will feel even better with a few thousand miles. Enjoy.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Every time I slam them gears driving to work puts a smile on my face. The tremec will feel even better with a few thousand miles. Enjoy.
I share the OPā€™s excitement and his car looks great! Love me some standard 5-spoke wheels-I would have paid the optional wheel upcharge to get them if Iā€™d had to.

JetGray, I sure get it about slamminā€™ and smilinā€™! Yeah, I know the A10 is quicker/faster in a straight line. But the Tremec FEELS faster when you drive the two cars back to back. I know, Iā€™ve got one of each. I love ā€˜em both but when youā€™re playing with the Tremec/3.73 it just feels like a beast!

Anyway Machman, congrats and glad youā€™re pumped! Not without darn good reason!

Last edited:

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Granted mine is a modified pp1 and not a mach, imo ford knocked it out the park with these cars.

Setup correctly (mine is modified to get there) are proper gt cars. Congrats

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
I was really shocked at how good a mere base 6spd PP1 was. ford performance toe link bushings and some subframe inserts and its perfect.

Sponsored

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
Nice car and congrats. Colorado roads are a treat with the proper ride. I'm looking to take my new Mach 1 on some of my favorite motorcycle roads in NoCo. Sharp car.

OP
OP
Machman23

Machman23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm looking to take my new Mach 1 on some of my favorite motorcycle roads in NoCo.
That's where this picture was taken - off 14. There are some incredible gems up here.

mustangman02232

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger, 1990 Ford F-350, 1997 kenworth
I came here from an 03 cobra and these new ones have ruined sn95 cars for me, I went non hp and heated/cooled leather though not recaro, I just accepted that with my schedule this was going to be a street car, I miss the blower wine but this car is 100x better in every other way

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
I came here from an 03 cobra and these new ones have ruined sn95 cars for me, I went non hp and heated/cooled leather though not recaro, I just accepted that with my schedule this was going to be a street car, I miss the blower wine but this car is 100x better in every other way
My sn95vwas a built go-kart and road like a 1 ton truck. It was a track car and a total pos compared to the capabilities of the s550

mustangman02232

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger, 1990 Ford F-350, 1997 kenworth
My sn95vwas a built go-kart and road like a 1 ton truck. It was a track car and a total pos compared to the capabilities of the s550
i grew to hate it in the end, spec stage 3+, drags, keeping a half shaft in stock at all times, Iā€™ve only for 80 miles on my Mach since itā€™s still winter but there is no comparison

ac did blow 42* in it though, just rode like a lumber wagon and was about as comfortable As a park bench

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I think the success or failure with the popularity of the M! will be determine when we see how reliable they are down the road .
I only got 4K on mine so I can not comment much yet. IF it develops a bullitt proof reputation we ll be in a golden sweet spot IMO.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I love the Mach 1 base wheels as well. A clean design and a nice departure from the Y spoke wheels.

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
I came to mine from a 2002 WS6 6Speed Trans Am which I dearly loved. But this car is better in every way. I ordered mine and I too got the heated and cooled leather seats. Super comfortable with good bolstering.

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 19 F350 20 Fusion Ti 19 Escape Ti
I'm happy to see you driving it in the dirt , with dirt on it ... Looks right at home . I love mine , and I'm glad you are loving yours too , they are exceptional cars for the money .

OP
OP
Machman23

Machman23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm happy to see you driving it in the dirt , with dirt on it ... Looks right at home . I love mine , and I'm glad you are loving yours too , they are exceptional cars for the money .
100%. That is really what I meant by the car being so impressive. There is so much performance and livability for a relatively low price. The car isn't perfect but it such a good complete package.

And ha, yeah. My Mach 1 would be right at home with it's grandfather. Colorado mountain roads are covered in gravel and dirt this time of year (but no salt!). Snow/Wet mode works extremely well with the Torsen on broken terrain. Since Torsens act as open diffs when both wheels lose traction, it is never scary pushing it as long as you keep weight transfer in check. Aside from a few QA issues, Ford did a hell of a job with this car.
Sponsored