Sponsored

DeLandEB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost PP
So I've narrowed it down to MAP and MMR...price wise they are very close, so that's not the issue.

I would like to have it by the weekend, so whomever can get it to be quickest is probably the one I would get. But which one would be preferred?

Also, I know they both say no tune required - but which one would be more tune friendly? I plan on going with a Livernois tune eventually, and want to make sure it would be compatible.

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
MMR had them on sale for a really low price..tune wise they should be the same as they are similar.

Best bet would be to contact LNS and see which one they are familiar with.

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
ah good, the price is back down. for a little bit there it was $425.

Sponsored

Raibyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
ah good, the price is back down. for a little bit there it was $425.
Yeah they had some issues with price and stock status on their site that appear to be corrected now.

Jasber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Ingot Silver
Can anyone recommend a CAI that would work well with the BMC Black Mamba ram air kit? I love the look of the hood, but worry now I made the wrong choice by not planning out my complete air flow with the built in ram air on the hood.

The opening for the ram air is definitely a specific size and shape and I haven't found one that seems like it would fit yet.

I don't want to trade power for looks so any advice I could get would be great. I wish BMC would have done a combo kit like Cervini does with their '10-14 ram air/CAI combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Hi guys, I'm searching this info for a while now, but get mixed opinions so better ask directly: do a cold air intake give you better or worse fuel consumption?

I know most of you are headed to performance, but us who live in countries with gas at 1,4 eur\l need to keep an eye to that also. I'm not really in search of more power but mainly in aesthetics and sound. MMR seems one of the best looking CAI :)

tolzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Convertible
That depends on you. I have seen some gains in mpg, but since they sound good you tend to push it and hence use more fuel.

Either way its an upgrade I would buy, they are more efficient and save money down the road since the filters are reusable.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
This is true :) I'm not searching the fuel saving at all costs, but I'm interested to understand if simply replacing the CAI - and keeping all other parameters intact - will use more (maybe because it modifies the air that reaches the engine) or less gas (because engine can 'breathe' freely).

Last edited:

Sponsored

tolzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Convertible
standard intakes /air filter boxes are designed to keep noise down ,water out and a big factor is cost and we all know Ford will cut any corner they can. the filter element usually paper is also a low cost option.A K&N type has way less restriction and better filtration . I have seen huge gains in a Honda Civic by just swapping out the element,more air does help. The only time I have seen or heard of using more fuel was because of the driver loving the new intake sound. If look at the high performance Mustangs 350R and Camaros Z28 most have CAI standard.
2016-ford-shelby-gt350-mustang-engine-shot1[1].jpg

iEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Ecoboost Performance Pack
Which intake should I get if i want the maximum HP gains? MMR is the cheapest and it seems like a lot of people are running that. Or should i quit being cheap and get the JLT CAI? Also i'm planing to run a Livernois Tune in the future, so any answer would help!

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Which intake should I get if i want the maximum HP gains? MMR is the cheapest and it seems like a lot of people are running that. Or should i quit being cheap and get the JLT CAI? Also i'm planing to run a Livernois Tune in the future, so any answer would help!
I know livernois likes the airaid intake as they sell there own version of them. Also I think all intakes give about the same gains so really it's all up to you. I went with the MMR one because I refused to spend $300+ on an intake lol

iEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Ecoboost Performance Pack
I know livernois likes the airaid intake as they sell there own version of them. Also I think all intakes give about the same gains so really it's all up to you. I went with the MMR one because I refused to spend $300+ on an intake lol
How's your intake? Do you notice significant gains? I feel dumb for not jumping on the $150 MMR CAI sale they had awhile back. I think i'll go with this intake too. $300+ CAI's are just too much.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
How's your intake? Do you notice significant gains? I feel dumb for not jumping on the $150 MMR CAI sale they had awhile back. I think i'll go with this intake too. $300+ CAI's are just too much.
Too much money for to little gains and to be honest i didn't feel much of a gain but I am already tuned and have other mods so I was expecting this. It does sound good though. That's when I bought mine when they had the sale. You can always call them and see if you can get any discount at all. Before the intake I was using a drop in air filter which probably has the same benefits other then the sound.
Sponsored