Sponsored

The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's interesting to hear how many dealers are speculating on these cars. I assume this same thing has happened in the past. I'm surprised because usually cars continue to improve, so the dealer has to be able to sell quickly - before the next new thing is announced. For instance the 2015 Mustang GTs being faster than the Boss 302s can't help a dealer sell a Boss 302. I'm sure the same will happen with the GT350. Even just the announcement of the high HP 5.2 liter crate motors could shoot down the ADMs on GT350s. There must be people with a ton of cash in some markets for this scheme to work.
Sponsored

green67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cad
All of this rambling in a single thread is impossible to read. Like I'm reading a bunch of random thoughts.
Really? I don't seem to have that problem. Different thoughts and perspectives from numerous members. Interesting actually, not everyone will agree with every one else. What a strange world it would be if we all thought the same way.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Really? I don't seem to have that problem. Different thoughts and perspectives from numerous members. Interesting actually, not everyone will agree with every one else. What a strange world it would be if we all thought the same way.
That's not what I meant.

Threads are sometimes different and you can't tell between them. Also when you've merged a bunch of threads and someone refers to the "OP", it's impossible to know who is being addressed..

green67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cad
That's not what I meant.

Threads are sometimes different and you can't tell between them. Also when you've merged a bunch of threads and someone refers to the "OP", it's impossible to know who is being addressed..
I'm not having that problem. Merging threads is really not a big deal and probably a good idea in this instance, not anywhere near the threshold of something to complain about.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
They currently have the two 16' Tech Pack ones going for $35k ADM and they have a 15' Track Pack going for $75K over. The salesman mentioned that they sold a 15' R for $100K ADM
Insane that someone would pay $100K ADM on a '15 R! We sold '15 R #37 for MSRP - no ADM of any kind.

Sponsored

green67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cad
They currently have the two 16' Tech Pack ones going for $35k ADM and they have a 15' Track Pack going for $75K over. The salesman mentioned that they sold a 15' R for $100K ADM
They are "going for those asking prices"? Really? Sounds as if they are still in the hands of the retailer and not going anywhere at those sucker prices.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Insane that someone would pay $100K ADM on a '15 R! We sold '15 R #37 for MSRP - no ADM of any kind.
A most magnanimous gesture for a VIP car where you had no other choice but to sell it at MSRP.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
But the end result is the same ... so it's all "market manipulation". And the person accepting this kind of manipulation is the one who buys it in the end.
It's actually not. Say there are two cars, one asking for sticker at dealer A and the other asking $25k over at dealer B. If dealer B buys dealer A's car for some amount, they're removing a car from circulation at sticker and which raises the average asking price without a "sale" actually happening. That's the manipulation, they're not only influencing the market through their own pricing, but also by removing lower priced inventory that would ostensibly be competition. A car being purchased by a dealer to another dealer is not a sale. It's just a dealer reassignment.

Sponsored

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
What is a VIP deal?
Customers who are in very good standing with Ford can be offered the opportunity to buy select vehicles at MSRP. Almost 70 of the 137 2015 Shelby GT350s were allocated/sold via the VIP program, from my understanding.

The agreement that came with GT350 allocations (2015, 2016 - both R and non-R models) requires that a VIP be given an allocation by way of a signed contract with Ford. The contract states that the VIP can chose which dealership they'd like to use to take delivery of said vehicle, and the dealer is "high encouraged" to sell the vehicle at MSRP. In return, the VIP is not allowed to sell the car for 3 years, or Ford can purchase the car back at MSRP (not sure how this would be enforced, but I'm sure they take this into consideration when giving someone a VIP allocation. ;)

Car #37 (2015 Shelby GT350R) was, to my understanding, purchased by a VIP. That means that the dealership that took delivery for car #37 was told to sell to this person at MSRP. Again, the dealer could have techincally asked for more, but highly, highly unlikely, especially since the letter technically comes from the CEO of Ford. :D

P.S. I am not a VIP, but I'm willing in to learn. ;)

green67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cad
Customers who are in very good standing with Ford can be offered the opportunity to buy select vehicles at MSRP. Almost 70 of the 137 2015 Shelby GT350s were allocated/sold via the VIP program, from my understanding.

The agreement that came with GT350 allocations (2015, 2016 - both R and non-R models) requires that a VIP be given an allocation by way of a signed contract with Ford. The contract states that the VIP can chose which dealership they'd like to use to take delivery of said vehicle, and the dealer is "high encouraged" to sell the vehicle at MSRP. In return, the VIP is not allowed to sell the car for 3 years, or Ford can purchase the car back at MSRP (not sure how this would be enforced, but I'm sure they take this into consideration when giving someone a VIP allocati
Car #37 (2015 Shelby GT350R) was, to my understanding, purchased by a VIP. That means that the dealership that took delivery for car #37 was told to sell to this person at MSRP. Again, the dealer could have techincally asked for more, but highly, highly unlikely, especially since the letter technically comes from the CEO of Ford. :D
Good explanation, Thank You.
Good explanation, Thank You.

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R

The agreement that came with GT350 allocations (2015, 2016 - both R and non-R models) requires that a VIP be given an allocation by way of a signed contract with Ford. The contract states that the VIP can chose which dealership they'd like to use to take delivery of said vehicle, and the dealer is "high encouraged" to sell the vehicle at MSRP. In return, the VIP is not allowed to sell the car for 3 years, or Ford can purchase the car back at MSRP (not sure how this would be enforced, but I'm sure they take this into consideration when giving someone a VIP allocation. ;)

Wonder what sort of requirements there are for this program, to become a VIP that is.
Sponsored