Sponsored

The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

abcut973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C63 AMG Black Series, ML350 Bluetech
It certainly is refreshing to see someone provide some commentary that is similar in thinking as to the way I look at this issue instead of all the bitching and complaining that we see on this thread.

There are times in life when we can get some very good deals on vehicles and purchase them well under MSRP and then there is the odd time when we have to suck it up and pay an ADM on a vehicle of interest to us and which is also of great interest to the rest automotive enthusiast community as well thus a supply/demand situation and of course an ADM.

I am no different than anyone else and don't like ADM's but as you so correctly mentioned there is no dress rehearsal in life and if the ADM is within reason I don't see any issue with paying an ADM for one of these outstanding vehicles.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I agree to ADM to a certain extant! Those 20k+/50k+ over msrp on a R are just plainly wrong. As good as the car is performance wise it is not worth $90-100k I'm afraid.
But hey it is your money and your life. So do whatever you feel is right :D
Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
It certainly is refreshing to see someone provide some commentary that is similar in thinking as to the way I look at this issue instead of all the bitching and complaining that we see on this thread.

There are times in life when we can get some very good deals on vehicles and purchase them well under MSRP and then there is the odd time when we have to suck it up and pay an ADM on a vehicle of interest to us and which is also of great interest to the rest automotive enthusiast community as well thus a supply/demand situation and of course an ADM.

I am no different than anyone else and don't like ADM's but as you so correctly mentioned there is no dress rehearsal in life and if the ADM is within reason I don't see any issue with paying an ADM for one of these outstanding vehicles.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
It is interesting how bent out of shape that people get about car deals and specifically ADM's here. But, most of these same people have no idea and no problem paying for everyday items that are marked up 200-300%.

I like your point about other car deals as well. I bought my F-150 last year from my same dealer. It stickered at 48ish, but after rebates and discounts, I got it for around 36k. This is by far the norm for most dealers today (minimal profit deals), especially with the easy research on the internet. The GT350 is not a mass produced volume vehicle like an F150 etc so when they get the chance to make some real money on a car they are going to take it.

Before people get bent out of shape, I have no problem with dealers asking whatever for the car. But these bait and switch and re-negotiations after a deal is done. Or the bullshit [MENTION=23678]Grunholle[/MENTION] and others are going through.

Last edited:

SWLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I found a dealer in Florida that has a 2017 allocation for $3500 over msrp

If anyone is interested.

JRedondox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Just bought my second mustang 2017 GT350 1k over
IMG_0179.jpg

Sponsored

ATL Golfer

Looking for an R!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 3.5 Eco / Lookin for 350 R Please
Congrats...why do you want two?

Dealer here has allocation and is $5k over on non-R. Atlanta.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Before people get bent out of shape, I have no problem with dealers asking whatever for the car. But these bait and switch and re-negotiations after a deal is done. Or the bullshit [MENTION=23678]Grunholle[/MENTION] and others are going through.
And you can not make the connection between the dealers asking whatever they want for the car instead of MSRP or thereabouts and the consequences you listed and deplore? Perhaps you, PP0001, and Blue Raptor might more strongly consider that preying on someone's desires beyond the constructed worth of a good with a reasonable profit might be the definition of greed and lead to the other vices you mention. Then again we all may continue to disagree, ergo the infinite thread. But if even one dealer has a change in mind by our persuasion we have accomplished a desirable end, grasshopper.

mikeylikesit

Engineer and Gearhead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350, 99' LFX Miata, 16' MX-5 Club
Just bought my second mustang 2017 GT350 1k over
Did you buy it in San Diego, or have it drop shipped there? I'm drop shipping one to the Valley from out of state.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
And you can not make the connection between the dealers asking whatever they want for the car instead of MSRP or thereabouts and the consequences you listed and deplore? Perhaps you, PP0001, and Blue Raptor might more strongly consider that preying on someone's desires beyond the constructed worth of a good with a reasonable profit might be the definition of greed and lead to the other vices you mention. Then again we all may continue to disagree, ergo the infinite thread. But if even one dealer has a change in mind by our persuasion we have accomplished a desirable end, grasshopper.
They are not neccasarily connected. My dealer knew I wanted one for a long time. They called me a told me if I wanted it, it was 5k ADM period. They didn't try and ask for more money when we into the finance office or any other shenanigans. I have no problem with a situation like this. It was a straight up deal. Yes or no.

For all of the horror stories we here on the forum there are plenty of deals that went down just fine, but nobody posts about them.

It's a friggen car, a very cool car, but at the end of the day a car. No material object should cause or be worth this much trouble. Just move on with your life if it is too much of a headache.

Besides, I hear the new Camaro's are going to kick the tail lights out of the GT350 anyway. You can probably pick up any of those for a substantial discount. ;)

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
"Preying on someone's desires beyond the constructed worth of a good with a reasonable profit might be the definition of greed and lead to the other vices you mention":lol::lol:

Don't really know what to say about your above statement other than that is one of the dumbest statements I have read on here for a while.:headbonk:

Additionally do you really think that some/any Ford dealership is going to chime in on this or any other forum regarding ADM's and will change their mind and see the light based on our comments!!

Not sure what world you live in but it certainly must be interesting.

;)

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
ADM has caused a ton of member to have issues with bait and switch tactics and other negative behaviors. I dont see why some people feel the need to make excuses for bad behavior like it requires some deep thought to spew out "capitalism bro" ,"if you dont like it get a different car",etc,etc

I dont see how the fact you had no issues is relevant in light of all the experiences otherwise.

No one is saying you are bad for paying ADM. People are saying ADM causes bad behavior we as consumers shouldn't have to deal with.

IM SAYING I feel the ADMs being charge are artificially inflated and do not actually reflect market value. If they did there wouldn't be cars sitting on dealer lots for months.

I ordered a 2017 at MSRP(which at this point I have serious suspicions the dealer may try to renege on)

They are not neccasarily connected. My dealer knew I wanted one for a long time. They called me a told me if I wanted it, it was 5k ADM period. They didn't try and ask for more money when we into the finance office or any other shenanigans. I have no problem with a situation like this. It was a straight up deal. Yes or no.

For all of the horror stories we here on the forum there are plenty of deals that went down just fine, but nobody posts about them.

It's a friggen car, a very cool car, but at the end of the day a car. No material object should cause or be worth this much trouble. Just move on with your life if it is too much of a headache.

Besides, I hear the new Camaro's are going to kick the tail lights out of the GT350 anyway. You can probably pick up any of those for a substantial discount. ;)

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
"Preying on someone's desires beyond the constructed worth of a good with a reasonable profit might be the definition of greed and lead to the other vices you mention":lol::lol:

Don't really know what to say about your above statement other than that is one of the dumbest statements I have read on here for a while.:headbonk:

Additionally do you really think that some/any Ford dealership is going to chime in on this or any other forum regarding ADM's and will change their mind and see the light based on our comments!!

;)
Statement makes perfect sense

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

;)
I live in a world where I treat people the way I want to be treated and that goes for car dealerships as well. From many of the comments you have made on multiple thread I believe you live in the same world although you may not acknowledge it. Perhaps you and the occasional Ford dealership will have a change of heart just as those small town dealerships that sell these at MSRP already have.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
ADM has caused a ton of member to have issues with bait and switch tactics and other negative behaviors. I dont see why some people feel the need to make excuses for bad behavior like it requires some deep thought to spew out "capitalism bro" ,"if you dont like it get a different car",etc,etc

I dont see how the fact you had no issues is relevant in light of all the experiences otherwise.

No one is saying you are bad for paying ADM. People are saying ADM causes bad behavior we as consumers shouldn't have to deal with.

IM SAYING I feel the ADMs being charge are artificially inflated and do not actually reflect market value. If they did there wouldn't be cars sitting on dealer lots for months.

I ordered a 2017 at MSRP(which at this point I have serious suspicions the dealer may try to renege on)
Statement makes perfect sense
It's not making excuses. It is a car and the car business. I can't think of a more sleazy business other than real estate maybe. Unfortunately it is to be expected to a certain degree.

Why are you even trying to buy a Ford? In my short time here all I've seen you do is piss and moan about ADM, bad dealers and everything else under the sun. You are part of the problem by indirectly supporting these tactics. So use the biggest weapon you can use as a consumer and vote with your wallet. Buy a competitor's car.

As far as I can tell, nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy a GT350 (or attempt to buy). I agree with [MENTION=16421]PP0001[/MENTION] in that I've never heard such nonsense posted in a car forum. Ford dealers preying on people's desires or whatever. Give me a break. :rant:

OP
OP

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
So M6G is only a place to whine and complain? Sorry, but good experiences and positive stories are relevant to the GT 350 experience too.
Sponsored