SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
I must have seen 100 people already on this forum and some other forums all concerned that the Camaro guys don't like the front of S550, or saying they like the car, but since the Camaro guys are "making fun" of it they to wish it was different.

I am wondering why anyone cares what the Camaro guys think?

Have you seen their "car"?

- Its a 3800lb chunk on 4 wheels that looks like it should be featured in Spongebob Squarepants.
- When GM realized they were only going to give a half a sh** on the exterior, they made the decision to not even try on the interior. And they were drunk
- 2014? They completely gave up. Threw in the towel.
- They robbed the Honda Prelude parts bin for the 2014/2015 tail lights.
- The next one is probably going to look like the new Bumblebee which is even worse.
- They can't even build an IRS competitor that can out run a "stick axle" GT. Oh wait, yeah they can -- it has has to have magnetic ride control, have 130 extra hp, and cost $30k more.
- They can't build a "legal" Boss 302 competitor.
- Repeat the above two points -- and they have 62ci. more displacement.
- The windows are so small you can see out of a tank(oh wait, the car is a tank, bad reference), I mean you can see out of a mail slot better.

In all fairness, the last point is a bonus for Camaro drivers too though -- with small windows no one can see in either... you know where I am going with that...

Who knows, maybe they blame Mustang for their poor life decisions -- if it wasn't for the S197, there would never have been another Camaro.

At the end of the day they are just jealous because they don't even like their car -- cutting down S550 makes them feel better about their shortcomings.

So, I think everyone should look at the S550 and make their own decision instead of basing it off of comments made by someone who already executed incredibly poor judgement when they bought a Camaro. Based on the little we have seen, the car will be STUNNING. You may think it is Evos or Fusion, but look back at the 68 Shelby, and then the S197 Shelbys, and remember which car had all the "shapes" and lines you see in the in the S550 front end first.

All that said, does anything I said matter anyways? The most important thing to remember is no one has seen the rear end of the car yet... and that is the only part of the car that matters to Ford if the Camaro guys even care about -- and they will love it.

/end rant
Sponsored

stangray11

I can't wait to see a 2015 mustang next to a 2015 camaro. For their owners, I imagine it will be like standing next to your wife of 10 years who popped out 3 kids and gained 40 lbs and then seeing a tight model in a bikini stroll by.

Time to get on that treadmill!

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I can't wait to see a 2015 mustang next to a 2015 camaro. For their owners, I imagine it will be like standing next to your wife of 10 years who popped out 3 kids and gained 40 lbs and then seeing a tight model in a bikini stroll by.

Time to get on that treadmill!

OP
OP
SStormtrooPer

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Look at that face, one only a mother can..., um, no, that saying doesn't work...

Anyway, the Chevy guys can mumble all they want about whether or not the Mustang has a "corporate" look. Bu Camaro and impala are getting close -- so they don't really have a leg to stand on.

Sponsored

DJ

Dont give me hate mail for this but at least one part looks more like a Camaro now.

Still a better looking car by far IMO but just sayin.... if they wanna criticize, can't talk about the flushed back slim headlights.

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
Alright, please don't hate on me to much for saying this, but I do think the Camaro has a nicer interior. It's more soft touch/leather while the Mustangs has a plasticy feel to everything. The camaros also blends the doors to the dash a bit better.

Besides that, the Mustang comes out on top for everything else.

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Saw my first 2014 SS 1LE on the road in white over the weekend. They screwed that car up bad. The rear end is downright awful, and the flat black hood with the mohawk vent isn't anything great. It also looks like they put the same headlamps in with less reveal compared to the 2010-13 car, but wanted it to look modern.

If you're referencing Camaro5, they don't like anything other than what Al. O feeds them.

MARZ

Threads
Reaction score
Alright, please don't hate on me to much for saying this, but I do think the Camaro has a nicer interior. It's more soft touch/leather while the Mustangs has a plasticy feel to everything. The camaros also blends the doors to the dash a bit better.

My experience is the complete opposite. The dash in my 2011 Mustang is soft touch whereas the Camaro's dash is hard as a rock.

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I went over to Camaro5 just out of curiosity and searched for threads regarding the Mustang and I went through the 2 most recent and read them start to finish and I really didn't see anything disrespectful or willfully ignorant. It seems like some car enthusiasts just like us except on the Camaro side of the fence.

Sure, they don't want to believe the rumors could be true and the Camaro could be looking at a spanking for the next 1-3 years, but who wants that for their passion?

At the end of the day the harder the pony cars compete the more we all win because of it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SStormtrooPer

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)

No offense, but have you been IN a Camaro? Or a 2013/2014 Mustang? I was messing around in a SS at the Denver Auto show a few months back -- while GM had the worst interiors(plasticy, terrible fit and finish, complete lack of cohesiveness, very poor layout -- i.e. steering wheel block gauges, hard to reach controls, etc.) at the show BY FAR, the SS had one of the worst at the GM camp(the worst IMO was a tie between the C6 Corvette, the Equinox, and the Cruze -- although I didn't look at every GM). The ZL1 was better, but not much -- as they just glued leather to everything to hide the OEM SS garbage.

Now over to Ford -- I will admit in the 90's and early 2000's they had some terrible interiors, however, they had some of the nicest at the show. As far as layout they are the best by far. Fit an finish, even the Fiesta was on par with a lot more expensive cars. I truly enjoyed sitting in the Fords More that any other car at the show except for the Lexus IS.

The Mercedes and Lexus had the nicest feeling interiors(to the touch), and the VW's had the most boring/plain/lack of character interiors. Everything else was average.

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
No offense, but have you been IN a Camaro? Or a 2013/2014 Mustang? I was messing around in a SS at the Denver Auto show a few months back -- while GM had the worst interiors(plasticy, terrible fit and finish, complete lack of cohesiveness, very poor layout -- i.e. steering wheel block gauges, hard to reach controls, etc.) at the show BY FAR, the SS had one of the worst at the GM camp(the worst IMO was a tie between the C6 Corvette, the Equinox, and the Cruze -- although I didn't look at every GM). The ZL1 was better, but not much -- as they just glued leather to everything to hide the OEM SS garbage.

Now over to Ford -- I will admit in the 90's and early 2000's they had some terrible interiors, however, they had some of the nicest at the show. As far as layout they are the best by far. Fit an finish, even the Fiesta was on par with a lot more expensive cars. I truly enjoyed sitting in the Fords More that any other car at the show except for the Lexus IS.

The Mercedes and Lexus had the nicest feeling interiors(to the touch), and the VW's had the most boring/plain/lack of character interiors. Everything else was average.
I drive a 13' Mustang and I've seen a Camaro interior. Maybe they've changed, next time i'm out i'll swing by a dealership and check one out.

Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Right now nobody here have any idea how 6th gen Camaro will look like so why all this bashing?? And why compare new mustangs to current Camaro it's obvious enough that Camaro will look like fat pig next to mustang, new Camaro will come out year after new mustang so nobody can tell what Chevy can pull out. And if anything bumblebee could be used for 15' Camaro as refreshed look go fight 15 Mustang.

Melino

I went over to Camaro5 just out of curiosity and searched for threads regarding the Mustang and I went through the 2 most recent and read them start to finish and I really didn't see anything disrespectful or willfully ignorant. It seems like some car enthusiasts just like us except on the Camaro side of the fence.

Sure, they don't want to believe the rumors could be true and the Camaro could be looking at a spanking for the next 1-3 years, but who wants that for their passion?

At the end of the day the harder the pony cars compete the more we all win because of it.
+100

I like your level headedness. I stop by there time to time and it seems like the same thing I see on mustang sites, except they happen to bat for the other team (:D couldn't help myself). Seriously tho, there's a lot more in common between the two groups than some people want to admit.

That said, go S550! Going to cast a big shadow on the Camaro next year. :ford:

OP
OP
SStormtrooPer

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
I don't know what they said -- I don't go to that site. I just couldn't help but notice how many people on this site and others have been talking about what the Camaro guys think -- I was trying to make a point that it doesn't matter.

I suppose I ranted a bit more than I wanted to -- but that is what happens when you see the Mustang when at work, you are already having a crappy day and just want to go home and read Mustang news, but cant.:doh:
Sponsored