Sponsored

Terminator sold! Time to get a 18-19GT premium

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
The Terminator will always be my favorite Cobra. Something about that hood and the chunky rear spoiler just screams "give me all the horsepower." A 2004 Mystichrome Cobra is still a part of ultimate dream garage.

Interesting how you got bored after a few months of owning your car the second time around. Sometimes I think about the G35 coupe I had 5-6 years ago and how I'd love to find it again. Maybe that would ultimately be a pointless and disappointing endeavor haha.
Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
How does the 18GT compare to the Terminator. I know my 16GT is as quick as my Lightning but ride quality is so much better.
The '18 A10 GT is faster than the stock Terminator. Quite a bit, actually. Mag tests were showing high 12s at around 112-114 mph. Mag tests for the A10 GT are high 11s to low 12s at 118-120 mph. I'm sure the new GT, particularly with PP1 and MagneRide, handle better, too.

OP
OP
V8der

V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 502A SCrew 2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A PP A10
How does the 18GT compare to the Terminator. I know my 16GT is as quick as my Lightning but ride quality is so much better.
Totally different animals. My car put down 621/541 so the cobra was way faster that the 18 stock. Terminator is violent when you step on it. Almost a 60’s muscle car feel trapped in a mid 2000’s car body. The interiors are so basic in the terminator. Nothing in regards to any tech features at that time. Mine had Sparco seats in it so it felt very performance oriented. Id mostly take it out it for a hour from time to time, beat it and then put it back in the garage. Any longer was uncomfortable... The 18 is just wayyyy more refined. It definitely feels bigger than the cobra but it’s a really comfortable car with very linear power. The 10 speed is amazing the way it shifts/performs especially in track or sport plus mode. The tech features is what does it for me. I can have all the creature comforts of a new car with a platform that has more potential be way faster than my terminator. I could have a 700hp-750hp car and take it anywhere and have it feel comfortable and easy to drive. All while listening to satellite radio, Bluetooth, apple car play, driver modes, digital dash, blind spot monitors, heated cooled seats etc. I think the older you get you priority’s change in regards to what you like/want in a car. I will always love terminators and if the garage/wallet supported it I’d prob have both but if I had to choose the new platform is where’s it at for me.

OP
OP
V8der

V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
The Terminator will always be my favorite Cobra. Something about that hood and the chunky rear spoiler just screams "give me all the horsepower." A 2004 Mystichrome Cobra is still a part of ultimate dream garage.

Interesting how you got bored after a few months of owning your car the second time around. Sometimes I think about the G35 coupe I had 5-6 years ago and how I'd love to find it again. Maybe that would ultimately be a pointless and disappointing endeavor haha.

Me too. Always gonna be my fav. Yeah I did it think i would be over it that fast either. I had people tell me when I was gonna buy it again that I would get bored of it quick and I was like “no way”. They were right, in all honestly it wasn’t as cool as the first time I owned it. It didn’t feel the same. I loved it for the first few months and then the things I didn’t like about it crept back in and I remembered why I sold it to begin with.

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I had an 03 Cobra back in 2004. Did minor bolt on’s and made 460/472 @ Steeda through the stock cats. Fun car, but the 18 plus pp1 a10 cars are definitely a step up in refinement, driveability, and general appearance IMO. The 10 speed flat puts the power down better.

OP
OP
V8der

V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
The '18 A10 GT is faster than the stock Terminator. Quite a bit, actually. Mag tests were showing high 12s at around 112-114 mph. Mag tests for the A10 GT are high 11s to low 12s at 118-120 mph. I'm sure the new GT, particularly with PP1 and MagneRide, handle better, too.

Definitely stock for stock the 18 would walk the terminator. 18 handles incredible. It’s hard to beat 15 years of technology advances on vehicles in every aspect. Motor, trans, suspension, tech. New just does it all with comfort and ease.

It’s funny I had a 01 lighting back in 2003 and I thought that thing was so fast. I have a 18 EcoBoost s-crew lariat 10 speed F150 as my daily and that truck would walk the lightning in a stock for stock race now. It’s got a MPT tune now and puts down like 440 rwhp ish. Put that truck in AWD and brake boost off the line and it will hurt a lot of feelings from a dig up until about 80 haha.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
The Terminator has always been my dream Mustang. I will own one someday.

Before I bought my 19 GT last summer I was looking hard into an 03/04 Cobra. Finding one unmolested was tough and the ones that weren't modded or even lightly modded were in the 25k range. I figured I could get a brand new GT for a little bit more and still keep my eye open for a good deal on a Terminator.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
It took me 3 years to start liking the s550 bodystyle. Car imo, only looks decent with the staggered pp setup. It needs at a minimum 275’s out back. The sn-95 looks so old school to me now. Had a 99 GT too.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It took me 3 years to start liking the s550 bodystyle. Car imo, only looks decent with the staggered pp setup. It needs at a minimum 275’s out back. The sn-95 looks so old school to me now. Had a 99 GT too.
I agree. I actually didn't care for many of the cars after the 2004 platform. I'd see a few S197's that looked good but not enough for me to buy one. And on the S550's it wasn't until the 2018 PP's hit where I was like "ok, I like these and can see myself buying one".

Same as you I have to have a staggered set up with some meat on the back tires along with the PP (or similar) wing. The spolier-less back ends look too sloped for my liking.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I had an 03 Cobra back in 2004. Did minor bolt on’s and made 460/472 @ Steeda through the stock cats. Fun car, but the 18 plus pp1 a10 cars are definitely a step up in refinement, driveability, and general appearance IMO. The 10 speed flat puts the power down better.
My reason that I would take an 03-40 over a new car is that the new cars just 1) feel big 2) feel more cramped inside to me. They just don't seem to make use of the space properly.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
So hard to find a nice hard top 03-04 lately.
There's an 04 coupe SVT Cobra next door to you at Mercedes benz of Lancaster, PA. 32,500 on the OD and refire metallic in color. Appears the only mods are pulley CAI and tune. 28,800 asking price. If it were that close to me I'd go look at it for curiosity sake.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's an 04 coupe SVT Cobra next door to you at Mercedes benz of Lancaster, PA. 32,500 on the OD and refire metallic in color. Appears the only mods are pulley CAI and tune. 28,800 asking price. If it were that close to me I'd go look at it for curiosity sake.
Oh snap. That is up where I am from (live in Houston now). I may send my sister and her boyfriend by to look at it for me.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I've thought about it, a lot. I have that car bookmarked. I'm just always iffy about cars that have been modified.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I've thought about it, a lot. I have that car bookmarked. I'm just always iffy about cars that have been modified.
That isn't modified. That's just tweeked IMHO. Even a Whipple 2.3 with stock TB and on 93 would be fine in my book.

LT's OR pipe, 26spline upgrade, twin disk, roll cage, E85, twin turbo swap...that would be considered modified in my book and a car I would not want to take on.
Sponsored