Sponsored

TECH PACK MY 1ST HPDE NO LIMP MODE

TRACK CRAZY GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2010 VW GTI, 2016 Mustang GT350
OK tech owners I had my first HPDE yesterday at Thompson Motorsport Park in Thompson CT. The track is 1.7 miles with 11 turns. My car experienced no limp mode. Don't get to excited until I tell you the track conditions. First there were showers and the temp was 40 degrees. My first run was 19 minutes with no sign limp mode. This was my first time on track with the GT350 and with the track still a little wet the stang got loose in some of the turns but was easy to correct. I was not babying the car doing 70-80 on some turns and hitting 115 on the straight. My second run the track was just about dry but still 40 degrees. I pushed the car much harder but eight minutes into the session a car went off track and brought everyone into pit lane for 3 minutes. We went back out for 10 minutes and I pounded the car as hard as I could and still no limp mode. It was then 6 in the evening, damp and cold as hell so I went home and didn't do my last session. Well it looks like the tech pack cars will track just fine in 40 degree damp weather. I will report my next event and hopefully it will be much warmer.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
LIES.....

OP
OP
TRACK CRAZY GT350

TRACK CRAZY GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
April 9th & 10th I tracked my GT350 Tech at Summit Point in West Virginia, the Jefferson Circuit (1.7 miles). It was in the 50's. 4 track sessions 20 minutes each day, no limp mode.
That's good to know. Please keep us updated as the weather gets warmer.:cheers:

Screamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2116 GT350
You will have totally different results at 80f.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
There will be different results at 120+ mph . . .
There you go! I was waiting for that. Yes, higher ambient temperatures with higher speeds yield a higher probability base/tech cars may hit limp mode. However! This and many more base/tech cars have not experienced limp mode. So, maybe Ford should have released a statement saying that it is track capable in lower temps? lol Good to hear more reports of cars actually performing and not hitting limp mode. It seems that less are actually hitting limp mode and the cars are track capable for a limited time and certain conditions.
Good job guys and thanks for sharing the good news!!!!

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
You're waiting for a comment that limp mode will occur when operating under normal track conditions? Is that even a serious statement? If you want to take the position that 60-70 mph for short periods in wet / cold weather is performance on a track, well, have at it I guess. I'm just sorry the OP had such bad track conditions for a first event.

D.DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 TECH 1982 Corvette
Hate to keep beating this one to death but hopefully Ford Performance comes through with the cooler upgrade soon.

Sponsored

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I was told today by a dealer that FP is saying 4th quarter 2016 for a cooler release. That tracks with what another forum member was told.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
You're waiting for a comment that limp mode will occur when operating under normal track conditions? Is that even a serious statement? If you want to take the position that 60-70 mph for short periods in wet / cold weather is performance on a track, well, have at it I guess. I'm just sorry the OP had such bad track conditions for a first event.
No sir you misunderstood! First, way to rain on someones parade. the OP did not hit limp mode, good news right? Or maybe to benefit your cause and the few experiencing limp mode, should he have reported otherwise? 2nd, I was attempting to state what I have stated previously, many more base/tech cars are not hitting limp mode than are. Let these guys enjoy their moment with their car instead of saying things like "There will be different results at 120+ mph" and "You will have totally different results at 80f". Buzz KILL! maybe they will never hit limp mode? Maybe they will only track theirs in cooler temps, who knows but damn!

OP
OP
TRACK CRAZY GT350

TRACK CRAZY GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was told today by a dealer that FP is saying 4th quarter 2016 for a cooler release. That tracks with what another forum member was told.
I am wondering just how many people have talked to FP about the cooler issue? There seems to be too much "I heard it from someone". Perhaps we should start a poll to see just how many members have talked to FP. The more people that contact them the better off we will all be.

Goofball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 R
Not to be disrespectful but that's like driving to the mall when it's 100 degrees. Your car will limp soon enough.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Everyone is guessing...again. We don't know how external temps effect the trans in this case. These units don't have any heat sinks to aid in heat transfer - it could be that the heat will build at nearly the same rate at 40 degrees vs 90...we just don't know.

And yet another thread destroyed.
Sponsored