TALK ABOUT EMBARRASSING FOR THIS GT350R

Hill Country GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Nothing embarrasing nor exciting in this vid.... it's a track day whee folks push streetcars 5/10ths to 8/10ths. Put a Spec Miata there going full tilt with an advanced driver and he'll lap everyone.
Exactly. Its all about the driver.
Sponsored

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
I out-cornered a Ferrari 458 and a Nissan GTR in my live axle Boss 302 years back - nobody cares :rolleyes:

MaxWW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, Mercedes Benz SL63, Ford Edge, RV6
Sweet A-pillar on that Subaru!

-T
First think I noticed too. It's like.......Really? You couldn't find a better place to mount the camera?

Oh well, looks like he was having fun. Good for him

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Substitute a GT350/GT350-R here for Joe and Mr. Pro in the FiST will still beat him.....

[ame]

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
His apex's were terrible, but it's part about being brand new. I would be willing to bet it's a first track day or close.

Sponsored

D.DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 TECH 1982 Corvette
I completely agree with THX138. A great example is when I attended the GT350 Track Attack program. Everyone had the same car setup. I actually lapped a guy on the final run of the day.

Everyone has different driving skill levels and for all we know that could have been that GT350R's first time on a track or even the first time for the driver to ever track a car. Or possibly the first time for both.

I'm by no means a professional race car driver, but I do think that anyone who has ever tracked a car would be pretty quick to point out the same...40% car and 60% driver ;)
I totally agree. My first day at the track I sucked. My lines were bad, pretty much like this guy. Like everything else it takes practice even in a great car like the GT350.

Leonard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
2 words -- limp mode.

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Nothing embarrasing nor exciting in this vid.... it's a track day whee folks push streetcars 5/10ths to 8/10ths. Put a Spec Miata there going full tilt with an advanced driver and he'll lap everyone.
Exactly what I was told by Atlanta Motorsports Park, they said the fastest car they've seen on their track consistently is a spec Miata.

Sponsored

Sharad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It's pretty obvious that the Shelby was just getting acclimated. New car, new track, or both. My favorite part of the video was around 5:08... right when I was thinking to myself "man, that shelby does not sound like he's pushing it at all, too quiet, RPMs too low..." suddenly he drops the hammer and puts zip codes on the subie. I love it!