Sponsored

Stuck on ESS for my DD...can't decide

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
I’ll be going with the G3. I do probably 80/20 highway/city. I have a manual with 3.55’s and get a little over 25 on average. No e85 around here and I usually do a little over 200 miles a week so staying on pump gas is fine for me.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
So for the past year I've been himming and hawing over what power adder to put on.

I've largely settled on ESS G2. My objective is 600hp a sprinkle above or below is fine.

But my car is my Daily driver about 150-200 miles a week.(Not a crazy amount)

I don't wanna sacrifice to much daily drive ability. Im not hard on my car at all and rarely got WoT....power for me has always been like a gun or a rocket launcher. I would rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

I did consider nitrous again..but I wanna get back to the S/C wine. I just love it.

My gut tells me the ESS G2 fits the bill. Adding nice power, with our pushing the limits of the car.

Would y'all agree? I need some outside opinion to shove me off the cliff.
we lean toward the paxton kit, USA company aluminum piping, normally $7k but we have an amazing $4795 special for the guys in the group, and that comes with a 1000hp intercooler,

tons of dealer network support, and best bang for the buck out there.

and a 60 year history with ford

https://www.beefcakeracing.com/bss-...r-2015-2023-s550-mustang-gt-wholesale-direct/

jpjr501

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - Procharged
Centri blowers on a Coyote are the best in my opinion. Due to the low torque it produces, traction is obtainable due to where Centri blowers make peak HP and TQ.

From a roll, a Centri blower is very hard to beat because of the motor staying in the high RPM. With an auto and all the shifts that stay up high, it's even better.

My best friend has a Challenger Redeye and it makes 730 ft. lbs at like 4900rpm which makes it very hard to hook up. His car shifts where my car just starts to really get going. Of

You can't go wrong with a Centri blower. Just make sure you have a stout fuel system and good tuner. I would not recommend E85 for a daily driver. Stay under the 700HP / 10psi range on 93 pump for a daily.

Sponsored

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My best friend has a Challenger Redeye and it makes 730 ft. lbs at like 4900rpm which makes it very hard to hook up. His car shifts where my car just starts to really get going. Of
You're also comparing a pushrod 6.2 to a 5.0 DOHC engine. I bet your ProCharger is making 500 torque at 4900rpm

jpjr501

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - Procharged
You're also comparing a pushrod 6.2 to a 5.0 DOHC engine. I bet your ProCharger is making 500 torque at 4900rpm
Yup, exactly my point. That's the competition for us. He gets out early with the torque and then when my RPM gets up there I easily reel him in and walk by. That's the beauty of a Centri and why I went this way.
Sponsored