Sponsored

Strangers fondling your car

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I had a guy eating Fritos touch the fender on my black GT after the car was just washed and left a big greasy finger smear on the paint. Guess he thought he saw something on it.

First rule of a black car is, never touch a black car! That's exactly what I said to him after he did it. Then he wanted to wipe it off ... I said "leave it alone"! LoL
Sponsored

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Already generally annoyed by how passengers handle the door (by the window etc), but seriously pissed off when people decide to touch it for no reason. It's one of the main reasons I decided to get the extra glass coating on it.

Kids, yeah .. I blame the parents. But most kids have been really well behaved. I do cringe every time I see a kid having a close look without getting off his damn bicycle first.

CJRogue

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I've been standing next to my car and had strangers come up and fondle me. I usually just stand _really_ still until they leave ...
Hey, I'm looking for some places to park. You seem like a guy that might have some ideas. :D:D

BlackMustang690

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt500
Yeah really sucks when that happens.

A couple of days ago I was in the garage cleaning my car its black so I tend to do this a lot, Car was backed in and I had the garage door opened and my wife was sitting there having a drink. We were listening to music and her older sister was going to come by to pay her some money that she owed her. She arrives and walks up and lay her purse on the hood of my car to pay my wife, her purse has those little bronze metal studs on the bottom. I just lost it and immediately grabbed her purse and threw on a chair near by, and she's looking at me like why did I do that. My wife is also a car lover and quickly said shouldn't of put your purse on the car. She was apparently bother by that she talked to my wife about it later again and my wife simply said don't touch the car ever unless its with a microfiber towel.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Yeah really sucks when that happens.

A couple of days ago I was in the garage cleaning my car its black so I tend to do this a lot, Car was backed in and I had the garage door opened and my wife was sitting there having a drink. We were listening to music and her older sister was going to come by to pay her some money that she owed her. She arrives and walks up and lay her purse on the hood of my car to pay my wife, her purse has those little bronze metal studs on the bottom. I just lost it and immediately grabbed her purse and threw on a chair near by, and she's looking at me like why did I do that. My wife is also a car lover and quickly said shouldn't of put your purse on the car. She was apparently bother by that she talked to my wife about it later again and my wife simply said don't touch the car ever unless its with a microfiber towel.
Good to know your wife knows and understands. Some people are clueless. I'm sure if you looked at your wife's sister's hood there would be scratches all over it.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
She was apparently bother by that she talked to my wife about it later again and my wife simply said don't touch the car ever unless its with a microfiber towel.
Some people just don't put any value in a car, it's just a utility device and its condition is really low on the concern hierarchy.

I'm pretty passionate about my cars, it's my hobby, the thing I love to do, whether it's driving, detailing, showing or just sitting around shoot-the-shit about. So I'm pretty focused on keeping it really nice. :cheers:

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
Makes me wanna get a permit and use that line from Dirty Harry on them

Fortunately it hasn't happened so far, although my dumbass friend will ALWAYS try opening car doors at dealerships if they're outside and I have to constantly chastise him on it

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I close my door with my hand across the back edge of the glass. IOW it does not leave a print. And I push it just hard enough to close it. Certainly no where near hard enough to strain the window itself.

This way I don't even touch any bodywork. Why is this wrong?

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
You guys are hilarious with how tight-assed you are.

You want to bring a drink in my car? Well it better be purified mineral water or I'll fucking murder your ass.

Buzzard Bait

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It's not being "tight-assed", it's called having some respect for other peoples property (or your own for that matter). I was taught to respect other peoples things as a kid, people work hard for what they own, so don't screw with it unless they say you can. A lot of people today have no respect for anyone or any thing and it's sad really. :(

Sponsored

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
How's this for tight assed? It bothers the hell out of me to touch the paint to put gas in it.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
How's this for tight assed? It bothers the hell out of me to touch the paint to put gas in it.
Damn man! That's nuts, LOL.

I thought I was bad touching the spoiler to close the trunk, but damn. Nothing compared to you guys, lol. Sounds like you guys barely even want to touch the door handle to get in the car, LOL.

Only thing that bothers me is just the back rear decklid panel. I mean I can barely drive for 2-3 days anyway without the car getting a little dirty anyway, so eh... I just avoid fingerprints on the decklid and wash it once a week or so.

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
I use the handle to open and close the door. That doesn't bother me. And I use the GT badge to close the trunk.

Last edited:

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
After I post something, why can't I get other posts after that unless I leave the thread and then come back to it?

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
After I post something, why can't I get other posts after that unless I leave the thread and then come back to it?
Hmm, not quite sure about that one. Hasn't happened to me just yet. `
Sponsored