Sponsored

Stock vs Tuned vs JLT vs PMAS - The Real Dyno Test!

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
In for results. THANK YOU TERRY!
Sponsored

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Easy to volunteer a car that isnt yours, isnt it?
Like the customer isn't being compensated for this test! lol

I don't have a problem with mine being used for dyno pulls at all if you cut me a deal on the parts being tested and haul it in a transporter. Consider this an open invitation to any reputable shop on this forum.

At least throw a closed box in there and if it sucks that bad and comes up dead last, I'll sell mine and buy a PMAS or JLT from Beef. Maybe you will convert a few diehard closed box users.

Last edited:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Like the customer isn't being compensated for this test! lol

I don't have a problem with mine being used for dyno pulls at all if you cut me a deal on the parts being tested and haul it in a transporter. Consider this an open invitation to any reputable shop on this forum.
So youre assuming too. :doh: how about just be grateful?:shrug:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
It sounds to me like your very curious about a beefstorm :lol:
No sir. Cpr Bw s484 single is in my future . I have zero use for any of these intakes. IF hell froze over and I gave up on turbo id buy a procharger f1a94 kit from Terry.

Sponsored

6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
In for results as well.
A big thank you to beefcake for taking the time out of his day to provide data for the community.
(P.S Just ordered a NGauge with a tune, intake, and t-stat through [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] after seeing his commitment to the community ). :ford:

Last edited:

Randy954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Pp
Our only goal in here is to try to help. I don't quite understand why some people are trying to derail something that could be so positive to the community at large. We said we would love to be part of the test, but at least want to help with ensuring the test is as accurate as possible. We didn't say we would only help if we were included. So why there is hostility, I just can't understand.

Since you bring up some items we sell under our naming, let me ask you a few things. Can you buy the intake of ours that you posted from someone other than us, or one of our dealers? No. Can you buy our exhaust from anyone other than us or our dealers? No. Can you buy that supercharger kit from anyone other than us or our dealers? No, Magnuson doesn't even make a system for a 15+. Additionally, on the exhaust front, we offer more than just mufflers, we have a whole exhausts, downpipes, and many other items as well that were engineered, designed, and tested by us. Why is it a sin that we have someone do the actual fab-work on them?

None of those items that you mention are going out exactly as they were made by the manufacturer. I fail to see how someone making something for us, to our specifications, does not make it ours? We paid for tooling, design, packaging, marketing, and many other aspects, and often make components for them here, in house.

What you're suggesting is that to be someone's own product, it must be exclusively done 100% in-house.

So, let's analyze that logic. Do you lambaste Ford on the EcoBoost for starting with a Mazda design? or how about for using a co-developed 6-speed, 9-speed, or 10-speed auto? I mean, GM sells something that is almost exactly the same as Ford. What about Ford cars that were really built by subcontracted companies? What about anyone that uses a TVS2300 or 1900 supercharger for claiming it as their kit? After all, Eaton designed it for GM. Every industry has these types of situations. So where does it end? I mean, what about a Roush/Saleen/Shelby car that only has a body kit? I mean it's just a a Mustang with a couple of small changes, so why does the name get to be changed? The money on doing changes to the design, since it's so minor compared to a whole car, shouldn't make it so they can put their name on it, right? These are just some reasons why this logic is flawed.

I just don't understand why we aren't allowed to do testing, do design work, and work with a partner to have it manufactured, while almost every other company is allowed to. We do make changes to our systems and offerings,. It's evident even from the pictures posted that they are not identical.
I was thinking the same thing when i saw that ridiculous post. Damn near everything these days are re-branded. Nothing wrong with it that just how it works. Why waste time, money, and energy to make a product that's already been made and tested when you can buy the rights to the product and make minor changes or just leave it as is and put your own name on it. Everyone wins! At least the design wasn't stolen like some other companies here, it was bought and given the OK to put whatever name they want on it. Basic economics. Some people are just ignorant to how things work. :headbonk::headbonk:

pwnall1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I would love to see the stock box with a green filter from green filter USA. $33 and I've run them on almost every car. We saw a green filter pick up 10 whp on a c6z06.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I love how someone goes through the trouble to test some things out and share the info with the community and all some can do is criticize. Beef is taking hours of his day, wear and tear on a dyno, a customers car, etc and he gets to hear people cry about how he's doing the test, which intakes he's testing, etc. Terry eats and breathes this stuff to the benefit of us all. How about just chill, wait for the tests and thank him for the results.
No way, this is the entitlement era. Expect me to demand free stuff and then complain about the free stuff I got before I demand more.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
How about giving us your Facebook info, giving us the actual day and time, and then making it a live Facebook session so those we can tune in and watch it as it occurs? I can imagine how many people would tune in for it. Just a suggestion that won't cost you anything. I'm sure lots of people would volunteer to be the camera person for the event.

Sponsored

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Please start a new thread when you do the test. I was hoping to see the Roush comparison. I have yet to see any test with this intake. Unless I have missed those post. But I am still curious about the test results you will be doing

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

70GrabberMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 351c 4speed Mach1
I incorrectly assumed that your avatar was your actual car.
HA, I wish, mine looks like that on a cloudy day, behind a tree, from 75ft away. One of those lovely 10+ year rolling restorations because I don't like not being able to drive it.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
924bd.jpg