Thanks guys
Sponsored

USAF

#GTFOsquad_0047
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 1993 GT
Has anyone got the non performance pack ecoboost brakes replaced under the TSB? They've been squealing on a cold start for about 7k miles. I brought it to the dealer once and they couldn't replicate it because it was warm.

Definitely embarrassing.
I have a non PP premium GT and my brakes were replaced....I recorded the squealing on my phone to show them

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I have a non PP premium GT and my brakes were replaced....I recorded the squealing on my phone to show them
EB PP and Non-PP GT have the same 4-piston brakes, that's what the TSB is for. OP has a non-PP EB, which has the smaller, base brakes. There is no TSB out on them, that's his problem.

Nice that your dealer accepted a video. Mine didn't. Finally was able to give a live performance.

guitrflip

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Hey Youngmustang,

There's no harm in checking! Your dealer will be able to diagnose and verify as a warranty issue. Send over a PM with your VIN, mileage, name, phone number, and dealer info when you have a chance. I'll connect you with a customer service manager to further advise, and assist in the repair process. :)

Jeff
Hi Jeff I'm having same issue. I sent you a PM.

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
Yup. I got the v6 and have had squealing for a good bit now. At the dealership now getting a free oil change and hopefully at least getting the squealing in their computer system, if not fixing it.

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

KARR_956

Magnetic Mania
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edson
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang v6
Yup. I got the v6 and have had squealing for a good bit now. At the dealership now getting a free oil change and hopefully at least getting the squealing in their computer system, if not fixing it.
same here :(

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
So, is this only an issue with '15's? My '16 PP GT front brakes squeal at low speed and light pedal pressure.
The brake squealing TSB never covered any PP GTs. It only covered non-PP GTs and Ecoboost wth PP, and it only covered the 15s built before 2/11/2015.

Some low speed squealing with the Brembos on the GT PP cars is considered "normal".

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
So, is this only an issue with '15's? My '16 PP GT front brakes squeal at low speed and light pedal pressure.
The brake squealing TSB 15-0030 never covered any PP GTs. It only covered non-PP GTs and Ecoboost wth PP (which are the same brakes as the non-PP GTs), and it only covered the 15s built before 2/11/2015.

andrew.k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Fastback, Magnetic, 051A, MT, 3.55
PP Brembo's squeaking is normal, some of the best 911's GT2's have the screechiest brakes I've ever heard. If you wanted luxury why upgrade to PP!

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
PP Brembo's squeaking is normal, some of the best 911's GT2's have the screechiest brakes I've ever heard. If you wanted luxury why upgrade to PP!
Easy on the hate.

He didn't say he wanted luxury. He said the noise was annoying. And brake noise is annoying when driving easy through town, even if you are in a Porsche 911 GT2.

Ford doesn't exactly advertise that the PP adds brake noise. Truth in advertising would probably keep some buyers from ordering a car that may not best suit their needs. I have said on many threads the PP is only "better" or "worth it" if it's the kind of car you want in the end. A guy who likes a tight, good handling car but has to slog through traffic every day probably IS concerned about brake squeal, too. I know I would be.
Sponsored