Sponsored

Speeding Tickets: Who's getting them?

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
The last time I got a speeding ticket was 14 years ago in a Mack CL700 tri-axle dump truck. It was on an open stretch of road where I was the third vehicle behind two cars, all going the same speed. He got me, not them. I guess I was an easier target.
Sponsored

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
No tickets in my race red just yet, and I'm throwing the full ARH system on it tomorrow :headbang:

I just usually cruise about 5mph over on the streets and 10mph over on the highway. Most cops in my area seem to be pretty cool unless you're just asking for a ticket by flying way beyond the limit, lol. Ended up next to them at red lights with 5% tint all around and never any issues although I've been nervous a few times.

elmn8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT-350 H0124 - Race Red
15 over go to court ...get judge to reduce 9 over no points. That's Ga. Also don't buy red with white stripes . You can see that car from the international space station. KISS. Black/Black
So... you're saying my car sticks out like a turd in a punch bowl huh? Guess I'll have to be smarter than the average bear.

:cheers::ford:

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Got out of one this past weekend lol, come to find out the guy has a 14 GT500 as well lol.

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Close call again today...passed 3 cars in a row because they like to do 50 in a 55 where i live. Always hit triple digits and just let the car slow down on her own...passed a trooper going nearly 70, and he didn't turn around. Same thing got me last time...80/55 ticket. Luckily i know the prosecuting attorney and had it taken care of.

Been pulled over 4 times in this car, twice because my exhaust was loud and i passed someone WOT and they called in on me saying i "bout ran em off the road". Even the cop laughs about that complaint and says something like "i bet she moves out". All in all, if i get a ticket i likely deserve it. Just be respectful, hell, they probably dig your car and are simply doing their job.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Close call again today...passed 3 cars in a row because they like to do 50 in a 55 where i live. Always hit triple digits and just let the car slow down on her own...passed a trooper going nearly 70, and he didn't turn around. Same thing got me last time...80/55 ticket. Luckily i know the prosecuting attorney and had it taken care of.

Been pulled over 4 times in this car, twice because my exhaust was loud and i passed someone WOT and they called in on me saying i "bout ran em off the road". Even the cop laughs about that complaint and says something like "i bet she moves out". All in all, if i get a ticket i likely deserve it. Just be respectful, hell, they probably dig your car and are simply doing their job.
a

BE RESPECTFUL is absolutely correct and never try to lie to them or argue with them about what you have done wrong. I had a client come into my business one day saying, "I got an f'en ticket. I told that MFer that he was full of shoot, but he gave me a ticket anyway." (I cleaned up the language a bit) My response to him was, "Wow after all of that sweet talking he wrote you up anyway..... AMAZING!" Be respectful, be honest and don't expect to get away with anything. It often is rewarded with a, "Just slow it down."

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
I thought I was getting one this past Sunday. I was coming back from Houston on my way home to San Antonio. I was on some back roads and just loving it! I had my radar detector on, and nothing was showing, so I hit triple digits.

I started getting close to the highway again, and thank God I slowed down - there was a cop facing me on the opposite side of the road as I was nearing the on ramp. He wiped around an immediately pulled me over. I really thought he had clocked me...instead, he pulled me over for not having a front license plate :D. Super nice guy - he even said, "Its a nice car - I wouldn't want to put the front license plate on either." He wrote me a warning and even shook my hand and thanked me for my service, as he saw my plates were Air Force. Of course, I returned the thanks for his service as well. :usa:

Why can't all cops be this nice?!?!

:ford:

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I thought I was getting one this past Sunday. I was coming back from Houston on my way home to San Antonio. I was on some back roads and just loving it! I had my radar detector on, and nothing was showing, so I hit triple digits.

I started getting close to the highway again, and thank God I slowed down - there was a cop facing me on the opposite side of the road as I was nearing the on ramp. He wiped around an immediately pulled me over. I really thought he had clocked me...instead, he pulled me over for not having a front license plate :D. Super nice guy - he even said, "Its a nice car - I wouldn't want to put the front license plate on either." He wrote me a warning and even shook my hand and thanked me for my service, as he saw my plates were Air Force. Of course, I returned the thanks for his service as well. :usa:

Why can't all cops be this nice?!?!

:ford:
Texas DPS? If so, that's why I got one of these. I deploy it when I hit the interstate.

[ame]

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Texas DPS? If so, that's why I got one of these. I deploy it when I hit the interstate.

LOL :lol:

[ame]

Do you have one for the rear plate as well?

Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Despite owning multiple high-performance vehicles over the last two decades, I have not had a speeding ticket since I was 17 years old. It's amazing that it you keep your spirited driving at the track/strip and follow the law on public roads, law enforcement does not bother you. Go figure.

OP
OP
TheDeadCow

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
Despite owning multiple high-performance vehicles over the last two decades, I have not had a speeding ticket since I was 17 years old. It's amazing that it you keep your spirited driving at the track/strip and follow the law on public roads, law enforcement does not bother you. Go figure.
I know but racecar!

mrdci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, Raptor SCrew, '17 GT350R HR083, E39 Dinan M5
No tickets in my race red just yet, and I'm throwing the full ARH system on it tomorrow :headbang:

I just usually cruise about 5mph over on the streets and 10mph over on the highway. Most cops in my area seem to be pretty cool unless you're just asking for a ticket by flying way beyond the limit, lol. Ended up next to them at red lights with 5% tint all around and never any issues although I've been nervous a few times.
I run my Valentine One in my Race Red. I got some guy bused in a Subaru this morning. He was trying to keep up and it goes off so he thought he would catch up only to come over the hill and the Virginia State Police running radar quickly pulled out and got him. I laugh every time this thing saves my a$$.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I run my Valentine One in my Race Red. I got some guy bused in a Subaru this morning. He was trying to keep up and it goes off so he thought he would catch up only to come over the hill and the Virginia State Police running radar quickly pulled out and got him. I laugh every time this thing saves my a$$.
You run a V1 in Virginia? The Valentine isn't immune to the Spectre RDD's they use out there, have you had any issues?

I got a RD ticket from VSP a few years ago. Passed him on the side of the rode and he rolled out and pulled me right over and asked where my detector was.

DirtRoadTrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I made it *almost* 2 weeks before getting nailed. I haven't gotten a ticket in 16 years, but have been having too much fun in the Shelby and the speed gets away from you fast. Got hit for 63/35, but thankfully the officer chose to cite me just for speeding and not reckless. Bit of a wake up call to dial it back and patiently wait for spring track weekends. I think the ticket will get further reduced in court - I am hiring an attorney.
Sponsored