Sponsored

So you are at #1 beach in world when dealer calls, what do you do?

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert
So I get a call around noon on Saturday…my new 2016 GT350 Mustang has just been unloaded at Parkway Ford in Waterloo Ontario. What the hell am I doing in Turks I ask myself?

If I get to the airport in just over an hour... I can fly to Waterloo. No more direct flights until next Saturday…

Not a tough decision…bye sweetie, see you in a week. Oh yes…can you pack me some stuff?

I am off…

I get on the plane (Westjet)

I get to top of ramp, step on plane…the flight attendant asks me why I am smiling ear to ear...

In a loud enthusiastic voice I say I am real car guy…my dealer says he just pulled my new mustang off the trailer and I am flying home to drive it! Everybody who hears me start clapping and laughing…. I am stoked!

I end up in a row with a couple of nice teens who are taking a POTCAKE puppy (rescue dog) back to Ottawa. 17 year Oliver and i talk about cars the whole way back…flight touches down ..we are still talking... Limo scoots me off. For once driver knows his way.

I get to Waterloo around 8pm. I forgot my key…can’t get in...go to Bauer Kitchen. Grab a Guinness. Try to figure out how yo change sim card in my phone so i can call my Sis and let he know I am at front door. Cant figure it out. Borrow phone. Sis is home. finish Guinness.

My sis is staying at our condo. She has supper made. awesome omelette. The second Guinness tastes REALLY good.

Wake up at 3am..i am "spooled up.."

Eventually the rest of world wakes up…Sis and I have breakfast at nearby restaurant…great. eggs…fruit..links…wheat bread…coffee (all my favs)

We head off to church…Unity Church…lots of singing…cool band…the kind of stuff my Sis and I both like. I am thinking business all through sermon and I think I dozed off for a minute. More singing. I leave a little more relaxed. Its a sunny beautiful day.

We head to Parkway Ford, its a Sunday and Its closed but maybe I can see it somewhere. Good luck if its in the back yard. It will be distant.

We pull up near service entrance…big overhead doors...and Sis sees it parked in service area. Doors locked. But I can see it…lucky me. Looks awesome. Cant get close…reflections in glass giving me problems.

Time to go…get in Lincoln. We leave property...dont get far..hold it lets check out movie times on my iPhone …we are close to movie theatre…there is a new Tom Hanks movie out. Next showing is later ..lets head out to the Irish pub for a beer…then go to Movie..

My sister has never turned down an Irish pub in her life (me neither)...

I am literally turning out of driveway beside the Ford dealership when…honk honk honk!…its the sales manage that sold me the car. His kid is having a birthday party and he needed to stop by the shop and get helium for the balloons!

So we spend next hour inside the service area bays, with the car! Starting it up. Taking pics…talking about it. Checking out everything mechanical….

Here are the pics I took http://s1221.photobucket.com/user/markdlee/library/2016 GT350 Shelby Mustang

I dont know what the moral of this story is…perhaps my first time in church in a long while had something to do with it…or perhaps I am just a lucky bastard …but today (or tomorrow) after this car is prepped I will be driving around KW (and Muskokas likely) with the biggest damn smile on my face you have ever seen…and for just a while the rest of the world and all its problems will seem distant…

listening to….:

M
Sponsored

Last edited:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Absolutely AWESOME story Markam51... Felt as if I was right there with you.

Hope today you get to stretch that smile a little further when you drive off. You have one good wife to understand the necessary getaway!

OP
OP
markham51

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert
What wife?

Just kidding...:lol:

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
haha congrats
Muskokas will be pretty cold tho

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So I get a call around noon on Saturday…my new 2016 GT350 Mustang has just been unloaded at Parkway Ford in Waterloo Ontario. What the hell am I doing in Turks I ask myself?
Since you asked what I would do:
  1. First, I wouldn't go on vacation when I was waiting for a car I ordered. Especially not an expensive out of the country vacation. I'm not much for beaches anyway - too boring.
  2. Second, I wouldn't internet brag about how awesome my life is. Of course maybe if my life was as awesome as yours I would feel the need. Who knows?
By the way, congrats on the car.

Beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Guard Metallic MT
Your wife and I are having a great time. Hope you enjoy the car :love:

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
The car would have still been there when you got back. You really left your wife alone in Turks and Cacos to pick up your car???? I hope you are just joking.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Did the dealer get two 350's in ? I can't believe I read the whole story , but I'm glad I did.

Congrats man.

Sponsored

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
Since you asked what I would do:
  1. First, I wouldn't go on vacation when I was waiting for a car I ordered. Especially not an expensive out of the country vacation. I'm not much for beaches anyway - too boring.
  2. Second, I wouldn't internet brag about how awesome my life is. Of course maybe if my life was as awesome as yours I would feel the need. Who knows?
By the way, congrats on the car.

The guy is excited - cut him some slack. :cheers:

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Mark, congratulations on receiving your new GT350 and I enjoyed the story and the pictures.

The last time I spoke with Parkway Ford was back in June and they offered me their R model for $105,000 after which time I politely said thanks but no thanks.

I know that you are a very good customer of theirs as they mentioned your name during my conversation with them back in June.

I assume that they sold their R model by now and did it stay in the GTA?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

IA350

Ruby Voodoo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT, 2017 GT350
Congrats - great story.

radioactive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
previous 67 GTA fastback, 67 vert, 07 GT
Your wife and I are having a great time. Hope you enjoy the car :love:
LMFAO Beetlespin!!!

Great story and congratulations Markham51! Awesome car and great pics too! I couldn't help but notice, but after the church part of your story, the pics of the rear of the car looks like it has a cross. Coincidence? I don't think so. ha ha ha
Sponsored