So many s550 on the road

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
I see a few every so often.

Last month I was in Las Vegas for a business trip. Since LV is only about 5 hours from here, I drove my Mustang.

At one point while driving around one of the LV highways one evening I came across a guy and his lady riding in a Race Red GT. I pulled up alongside them, made eye contact, and gave 'em a thumbs-up. They both waved excitedly and gave me the thumbs-up back.

Pretty cool, IMHO.
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I never see any. There is a 15' CO GT that's been there for over a year now. I guess people don't like Mustangs here.

olla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs are like Corollas...but with more horsepower. Your neighbor owns one. Your relative owns one. Everyone knows someone that has one.

MJS-P51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic Metallic
I see a good number in my area but few GTs. I see plenty of eco's and V6's but I think it is because I live near Newark airport and those models are hot rental cars.

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Was at a big Ford/Mustang show in South Florida this last weekend,there were 75 Mustangs, only (2) of them were S550 and they were 4 Bangers, the rest were 65-2014.

Sponsored

Lowrider

Drive Fast...Live Slow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A poorman's coupe
Surprisingly, I don't see too many S550's and I live in Cali. I do see a ton of the older generation mustangs...those are literally eveywhere. I see more ecoboost or v6 (can't tell the difference) on the road than GT's
Doesn't S550 mean chassis code for all EB,V6s and GTs?

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Weird. I live in Baltimore too (Mt. Washington, just north of the city) and commute to Hunt Valley every day for work. I rarely see them. Maybe 1 a day and it's typically not a GT. I definitely see more than I used to when I bought this car in February but nothing like what you're seeing apparently.

I still get stares at every light and people coming over to talk to me at the gas station. I don't know if it's the Triple Yellow and the 20's or what but it's pretty consistent.

OP
OP
BOOSTED-SVO

BOOSTED-SVO

In My Own Lane
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP SB M6
That is very true especially if it is the same color as yours :doh:. But the good thing is the car is a head turner...Non stop compliments, thumbs ups make up for it.
I'm curious to see how many I'll see driving in the snow.
I know I'll def be one of them. I always did it like a fool lol, but I think I'm going to get some snow tires put on within the next few weeks just to be safe. I have this gut feeling we are going to get a lot of snow in 2016. I just have to get rid of some leftover ST parts that I never got a chance put on I now have sitting in the garage.

She is def a head Turner tho, especially in black[emoji3] I just didn't expect to see so many this early.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Zomies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JK & 2010 Hyundai Accent
Don't see many here in the Tacoma, Seattle, Everett area. Maybe once or twice a week. Most people here want a car they can use in the snow even though it rarely ever snows here.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
There are a lot of new mustangs in my area. In my neighborhood there are at least 3.

Sponsored

jcasti07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red GT Premium
This was the only downside of trading in my Nismo 370Z for the S550. I seldomely saw other Nismo models and i actually miss having such a unique ride. The upgrade in power makes up for that though. AND it makes me want to mod even more to stand out from the crowd

OP
OP
BOOSTED-SVO

BOOSTED-SVO

In My Own Lane
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP SB M6
Weird. I live in Baltimore too (Mt. Washington, just north of the city) and commute to Hunt Valley every day for work. I rarely see them. Maybe 1 a day and it's typically not a GT. I definitely see more than I used to when I bought this car in February but nothing like what you're seeing apparently.

I still get stares at every light and people coming over to talk to me at the gas station. I don't know if it's the Triple Yellow and the 20's or what but it's pretty consistent.
You might see mine than lol :-) my daughter is currently in Mt Washington children's hospital so I frequent there alot. I live in south Baltimore near the harbor and I always see the new s550. If I decide to travel straight down Ritchie hwy crossing Glen burnie, to Arnold then to Annapolis, I almost see one on every other traffic light. The s550 is EVERYWHERE in Anne Arundel county.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Glex25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'm in North Jersey and I rarely see any S550 in my area.

Today I had one pass my job in Competition Orange but that's about it