Sponsored

So I noticed a few people trading up on their 2015

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
I just wanted to put this experience out there so hopefully it doesn't happen to someone else.

I got pulled over randomly one night by a county deputy. He has one of those things on the back of his car that reads tags as cars go by. He snagged mine and saw that there was an issue. He tells me I don't have insurance on my car! My 43k dollar car doesn't have insurance. He says i can't drive off unless a rep fr my company verbally confirms via phone that I DO have insurance on the car (using vin #)

So I call them up, (deputies in my county are pretty top notch, he actually gave me a ticket about 5 months earlier when I was in my first 2015 GT, so he remembered me, really lucky they were patient)

BI get my company on the phone and they tell me they have the VIN for my OTHER 2015 on file. I set up the policy via phone, read the vin off my current cars dash three times to the rep. The lady on the phone said the rep must've just clicked on the 2015 MUstang already at the DMV records, causing my old vin to get entered instead of the new one (I never insured my first stang with this company, so that's the only way they could've gotten it)

Anyway, lady said the business center is closed, so I was pretty much shit outta luck. Officer said he'd give me time to call my own tow company instead of theirs. Instead I called State Farm and set up a new policy in about 7 minutes. Once that was done the rep confirmed I have a policy to the deputy, and I was free to go, luckily ticket free.

Long story short, when you're trading like model for like model, just double check your vins and make sure you aren't going to get screwed over. Ensure your company doesn't try to take a shortcut and leave you hanging like I was.

And if it DOES happen for whatever reason, if the cop is nice enough to give you the time, set up a policy temporarily, and as soon as you drive off, park your car and fix your existing policy. Then call the same day and cancel the new policy and you will get a full refund.

Sorry for the long ass post, just didn't want this happening to anyone else.
Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
What a bunch of invasive unconstitutional BS, were you doing something illegal when pulled you over?
According to the officer's plate reader, driving without insurance.

Highwayman

Been there.. Done that..
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kraig
Vehicle(s)
15 OW Base GT/PP/Recarros,Built STI,Built Jeep JK
That is some weird shit..... No way that would be PC here to pull you over and detain you. Let alone impound your car. Sounds fishy, shitty to say the least....

MontelG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
According to the officer's plate reader, driving without insurance.
Thanks for sharing something to keep an eye our for. Look on the bright side, better to learn that way than after you got in an accident!

Sponsored

Paulie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yea, plate reading technology that the cops sell to tow companies to help out with repo.
They also have a data base that can display your driving routes, place of work ect by way of Intersection cameras.
Protect and serve my a##.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Where I'm from you are good to go on a new car for up to 30 days on your old insurance.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Stop crying about cops people he was lucky and he said the cop was cool . The plate readers are so we can catch stolen cars and be safer while driving so we don't have to run plates . The scanner got a hit for driving with no insurance so it was a justified stop small in the grand scheme of things but still just . The cop could've went bad but he didn't . Good job op glad you took care of it

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Or you could just get a GT manual the first time. :popcorn:

Sponsored

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Stop crying about cops people he was lucky and he said the cop was cool . The plate readers are so we can catch stolen cars and be safer while driving so we don't have to run plates . The scanner got a hit for driving with no insurance so it was a justified stop small in the grand scheme of things but still just . The cop could've went bad but he didn't . Good job op glad you took care of it
My dad is a cop, and agrees the modern police force is out of control. There is no reason any gov agency should be scanning every car that drives by. Safety my ass....Its about control, just like the armored vehicles they like to parade around now.

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
people trading in a 2015 for a 2015, one in 100,000

for obvious reasons

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Stop crying about people being harassed by cops!
Hello, he had a valid registration and the car was not on a hot list aka "CAR NOT STOLEN"!
Cops again using a tool for something it wasn't intended for which seems to me like "PROFILING people"!!!:paddle:
Sponsored