Sponsored

Sigh..

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
That's just about correct, its pretty much up to the body shop wether they want the work or not. The value is almost irrelevant, they'll write it up for as much as they can, say they want the job then fix it for half and make a ton of money.

With the value high enough what the body shop wants to do is almost always the deciding factor. If the value is high enough and they decide they don't want the job it gets totaled, if they want it it gets fixed. It's bullshit really
Only thing is, most insurance companies have their own estimators to ensure the body shops are up and up on their estimates. The insurance companies just don't take the word of the estimate without reviewing and analyzing it themselves. If there is a large discrepancy, it will be looked at before any work gets authorized.
Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
yes and when the adjuster comes to the shop, they'll duke it out there. having a good body shop goes a long way.

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Just wanted to update this.

As of last week, the car is on the frame machine and they're just waiting on the specs from Ford for the frame measurements. All the parts are there and all OEM. Total estimate was $14,071.00 $9k of that was parts and the rest was labor. Bloody insane.

Anyway, April 11th I should get the car back, and the shop has been good with keeping me updated. I've stopped by a couple times to look at it. Snapped a few pics of it on the frame machine. Almost had a heart attack.

I leave you folks with these pics.

I'm gonna stop by again maybe Tuesday or so and see how things are going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Also, they tried to fix the hood, but the damage extended to the crumple zone. And they tried to fix the fender too, but couldn't because it's aluminum. Same with the hood. Is that a thing where if the part is aluminum they can't fix it even though they can?

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Also, they tried to fix the hood, but the damage extended to the crumple zone. And they tried to fix the fender too, but couldn't because it's aluminum. Same with the hood. Is that a thing where if the part is aluminum they can't fix it even though they can?

Aluminum is very hard to get back in shape. My Audi S6 was aluminum in the front. glad I never got hit in the front.

Sponsored

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
These pictures really bring the to life. Sorry to see what you've gone through. Hopefully she'll be good as new.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Another update for today.

Today was the day that i was supposed to get the car back, but its not even done yet. They have it 80% put back together, then tomorrow they have to let the mechanic check out to make sure all of the vehicle systems are working properly, and then they have to detail the car, which is about a 5 hour job in itself. Now I'm potentially looking at Thursday or friday or even next monday. Im beyond pissed. Its been over a month since this happened and now its going on a month and a half without the car. I just want it to be done and over with so i can move on with my life.

People who don't pay attention and get into accidents are the reason why our insurance premiums go up. Lesson from this is PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR SURROUNDINGS.

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Hope it works out for you brotha'.
Eh I'm just pretty much over it. At this rate i couldn't care less how long more they need the car, as long as it comes back before the loan is up they can keep it there for all i care.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
what's up w/ ur sig, got a GT on order? sweet bro

Sponsored

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
I'm actually in the middle of a DV claim on mine as well. I have a 2015 GT Premium that I bought in Feb 2015. Got tapped in the rear in July 2015 (by an older Volvo XC90 (apparently without the fancy city safety features!)). Seemed really minor and initial estimate of $1500 confirmed that. However, once things were taken apart, a supplement for $8500 was put in. Apparently the body shop wanted even more than that but as someone else mentioned, the Geico adjuster came out and negotiated them down on some things. All said and done, my repair was just under $10,500, not including rental, and took about a month or so.

I had a professional DV "expert" do the research and write up an estimate. I also got a lawyer involved because of the total (here in MD there's a $ limit on small claims where if you surpass that amount, you go to District Court, and need a lawyer).

My car looks great but I'm nervous that when I try to sell it, someone will see a $10k+ repair and I'll get nailed on selling price/trade. Definitely follow through on DV. You can always try it yourself but don't be surprised if they try to lowball you big time. I don't have time for the back and forth so I just brought my lawyer in on it from the beginning.

As of now, we had a lowball (IMO) offer from Geico which we declined. My court case is scheduled for 6/3/16. Obviously it could settle out of court anytime up until that point so we'll see what happens. The defendants lawyer just sent me these Interrogatories which are basically questions you need to answer to the best of your ability. There were 15 of them and they were definitely boiler plate. What's funny is that they were all geared towards a personal injury claim and had absolutely nothing to do with DV but whatever. My understanding is that it's basically the defendant's lawyer (i.e. Geico) just trying to make things difficult and hoping I wouldn't answer them in time (I believe you have 15 days). They can ask away as far as I'm concerned.

I've said this on other accident threads and will say it again. DEFINITELY pursue a DV claim (assuming you weren't at fault, and in some cases, maybe even if you were). While the insurance company has/will pay to bring your car to pre-accident condition, they need to bring it back to pre-accident VALUE, and that's what DV is all about.

Good luck

FASTBK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW 5.0 Premium PP
Another update for today.

Today was the day that i was supposed to get the car back, but its not even done yet. They have it 80% put back together, then tomorrow they have to let the mechanic check out to make sure all of the vehicle systems are working properly, and then they have to detail the car, which is about a 5 hour job in itself. Now I'm potentially looking at Thursday or friday or even next monday. Im beyond pissed. Its been over a month since this happened and now its going on a month and a half without the car. I just want it to be done and over with so i can move on with my life.

People who don't pay attention and get into accidents are the reason why our insurance premiums go up. Lesson from this is PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR SURROUNDINGS.
I had a minor fender bender last night too. I feel your pain. Hope I am not waiting this long. I am glad i personally know the body shop owner and his teams work!

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)

Found out by attending the new owner's clinic that my Ford dealer holds this week that Ford is requiring dealer body shops to purchase equipment for repairing aluminum and train their body shop workers on aluminum repair techniques (think F-150 :cool: ). Might want to keep this in mind for future body repairs. I also found out that Ford dealer bodyshop repairs keep the body corrosion warranty 100% intact :ford:

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I got my car back today!

They did an excellent job, paint matches perfectly and the panel gaps are better than factory! :lol::lol: The shop manager was telling me that almost every new Ford that comes in has horrible panel gaps, so its not just the Mustang thats suffering from them.

Now that i have the car back, I will now start the DV claim process. Anyone in California know how the process works? I would like some help on it. If need be ill be asking my attorney neighbor for help.
Sponsored