Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Who knew this could be so incredibly stressful..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Who knew this could be so incredibly stressful..

Too bad there's no raising my hand smiley on this site. I do know this from recent personal experience... :tsk:

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
She said she didn't see me. I didn't have a stop sign but she did. The witnesses at the scene (there were many of them) all told me that it wasn't my fault and that she didn't even stop. The officer even took down statements from two different people and both of them said I wasn't at fault. When I saw her coming through she wasn't even looking in my direction. I laid on the horn and slammed on the brakes but it was too late.

Sorry to hear about this. Hope it works out on your favor.

Last week almost had the same thing happen 1/2 block from leaving work. They blew through the stop sign. I was glad I had the Brembos and surprised at how good they worked. I thought for sure I was going to hit them.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Sorry to hear about this. Hope it works out on your favor.

Last week almost had the same thing happen 1/2 block from leaving work. They blew through the stop sign. I was glad I had the Brembos and surprised at how good they worked. I thought for sure I was going to hit them.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Same here, someone cut me off last second while approaching a traffic light. I wasn't going really fast, but the Brembos are amazing. The thing I worry about now, though, is if the person behind me will hit me.

Hope you are back on the road soon, John.

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
Also this is why I have taken to defense driving since I got this car. Never sit in the blind spot corners. I will speed up to get along side everyone now. Always wait to see what others will do before I make a move.

I am like a hawk when driving. I refuse to have my day/week/month/year ruined because some asshat.

Sponsored

rubyinla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Exactly why I put a dash cam in my wife's car. Mine is next.

Years ago a women blew a red light while she was talking to her deaf son and not paying attention to her driving and T-boned me and my son. She claimed I jumped the light. Lucky for me another motorist left me her phone number and sided with me.

Get a DASH CAM!!!

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Exactly why I put a dash cam in my wife's car. Mine is next.

Years ago a women blew a red light while she was talking to her deaf son and not paying attention to her driving and T-boned me and my son. She claimed I jumped the light. Lucky for me another motorist left me her phone number and sided with me.

Get a DASH CAM!!!
Dash cam for my car is next after this mess is taken care of.

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
Ive noticed a lot of people with these experiences live in CA.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
There a picture of a wrecked G350 on Jalopnik's site that looks better than your car. Totalled with 247 miles on it, four days after the dude bought it. Whoa. Something about hidden structural damage.

So make sure they check your car really carefully and make sure that nothing designed to collapse in a crash, actually collapsed. And if it did, well, GT time!

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
There a picture of a wrecked GT350 on Jalopnik's site that looks better than your car. Totalled with 247 miles on it, four days after the dude bought it. Whoa. Something about hidden structural damage.
Here ya go - hard to believe that was a total. What's sad is the guy probably paid additional dealer markup when he bought it ... and of course the insurance company is not going to pay-out any ADM on a wreck claim.

http://jalopnik.com/someone-already-trashed-a-ford-shelby-gt350-mustang-1765914530

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
That's pretty scary. Well ill be waiting for the insurance company's call to see if they find more damage. I don't doubt they will.

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I spoke with the adjuster at Farmers, and I learned some very interesting things. For those of you here that work in the insurance industry, please confirm if what this guy told me is BS or truth.

Basically, the bodyshop has the say whether the car is totaled or not. If the damage estimate exceeds the vehicle value, of course, they'll total it. If the damage estimate hits 80% of the value of the vehicle (in california), then they'll total it.

Now, if the manufacturer puts out a bulletin that if a certain part of a vehicle is damaged, the manufacturer says not to repair the car. For instance, if the rocker panel on the Tesla Model S is damaged and needs to be replaced, the car is a total loss. Because the batteries are in the floor, damage to that structure is a detriment to the safety and integrity of the vehicle , and cannot be fixed. According to the adjuster, there are no bulletins out for Mustangs or any Ford vehicle.

Also, it was just the frame rail extension that was bent, and that is a replaceable part. So i guess my car won't be totaled after all. I will be pursuing diminished value though.

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Man for 14 THOUSAND dollars in repairs I would definitely not want it back. I went through something similar years ago with a civic I had just bought certified used(year old, 15k miles). A driver pulled out in front of me and I tried to dodge him but didn't make it. The entire passenger side had damage. Curtain airbags went off. I should have pushed for a total but did not. The car was never the same after being repaired. Best of luck.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
yep, like i said before, if you have a good body shop, they can easily push for a total loss. doesnt sound like u do though.

Skatz5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Vader Special
Basically, the bodyshop has the say whether the car is totaled or not. If the damage estimate exceeds the vehicle value, of course, they'll total it. If the damage estimate hits 80% of the value of the vehicle (in california), then they'll total it.
That's just about correct, its pretty much up to the body shop wether they want the work or not. The value is almost irrelevant, they'll write it up for as much as they can, say they want the job then fix it for half and make a ton of money.

yep, like i said before, if you have a good body shop, they can easily push for a total loss. doesnt sound like u do though.
With the value high enough what the body shop wants to do is almost always the deciding factor. If the value is high enough and they decide they don't want the job it gets totaled, if they want it it gets fixed. It's bullshit really
Sponsored