Adaraas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
16 Premium GT, 17 Laramie Cummins
Got heatsoak?

Here comes GM fiasco, heatsoak part deux.
OT maybe cause not talking about the GT350 at all buuuuuuuut....

There isn't any issues with the LT4 in the CTS-V. The heatsoak is attributed to the very small frontal surface area of the corvette. I'm sure it'll be just fine with the Camaro if they do put it in it.
Sponsored

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt

There isn't any issues with the LT4 in the CTS-V. The heatsoak is attributed to the very small frontal surface area of the corvette. I'm sure it'll be just fine with the Camaro if they do put it in it.
there was an article someone had put up about the RATTLELAC that kept on over heating.the problem is there too.:lol:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

Not exactly true: https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/2016-cts-v-not-yet-one-two-punch-163032425.html?nf=1

I had been looking forward to getting the keys to the Cadillac CTS-V for a while. The seats look supple, the body lines look distinct, and the LT4 motor is touted as an unlimited tower of power. 640 horsepower in a Cadillac? Yes, please! Yet, as I was traveling down a long stretch of desert highway the day before, the car didn’t feel as I envisioned. It actually felt…slow.

During a few session out on the track, like the day before, the car went into limp mode and didn’t provide all the power it was supposed to have. This has become a reoccurring theme with both the Corvette Z06 and the CTS-V.

The LT4 motor just doesn’t like heat, and it especially doesn’t like being driven hard. Something that is annoying given each car’s power and handling capabilities. What’s interesting about this phenomenon is that the Cadillac should be immune from overheating due to its larger intercooler and massive front intakes. Yet, there I was, with the same issue.

Derk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
The new Camaro does have three radiators, correct?

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The new Camaro does have three radiators, correct?
Yes, it does.

The LT4 seems to have been proven a rather unreliable beast. So much promise but keeps on tripping over cracks. My ideal Stingray would be a...well, Viper. But for seriously, the Z51 seems to be the C7 to have.

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
I do not have access to any tracks or racing circuits. For that I prefer the GT350 over the GT350R. I prefer the back seat, aircon, sound system, and luxury comforts. After watching the video the 5.2L FPC is all I want for Christmas.