Sponsored

September 2016 Sales Numbers...Mustang. 6,429

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Are they using Ford sponsored discounts or dealerships shelling on out?
Ford offers a few $1000 to $2000 cash back rebates on leftovers after 3 successful model years.

Chevy is offering 20-30% off of all left over Camaro's as well as a $1000 MSRP reduction on 2017's.

Don't let anyone try and fool you. The Camaro is sinking... I seen a $54,000 Vert go for $43,000 with around 12,000 off. It's 23-25% off. This is not going as planned... not even a little bit. They removed about 4500 2016's off the lot in September. There is 17,000 left on lots I think. Dealers are refusing stock because there is no room.

...and waiting until Fall to offer rebates is probably the best way to make a bad situation worse. If the situation looked bad 4th of July then August 1st should of been the Ted Hot Days of Summer sale. They missed the damn mark by over 2 months :lol:
Sponsored

Khell86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt

4stanger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garry
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang Fastback Race Red
Up until the end of September, so far This year, there have been 4621 deliveries of Ford Mustang to Australia.
I say deliveries as there are many customers still with deposits paid, contracts signed waiting up to 14 months for their Mustangs.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Up until the end of September, so far This year, there have been 4621 deliveries of Ford Mustang to Australia.
I say deliveries as there are many customers still with deposits paid, contracts signed waiting up to 14 months for their Mustangs.
Yeah and on top of that no deals or discounts. Potentially some movement on dealer delivery charges but that's it.
I waited 353 days for mine

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully with sales down in the USA the factory is still cranking out Mustangs to fill those back log orders in Australia and other countries before the '18 refresh hits.

Sponsored

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
I'm just going to say by 2020 the Camaro 1ss will be 40k starting MSRP if they plan to stick with the 6.2 V8 route. If sales don't pick up without incentives or the refresh come a few years from now... I can honestly say GM will be backed in a corner.

1.) Either Chassis improvements stop to further the life of it's V8 to keep price down.
2.) they'll continue to bite the bullet and offer stupid discounts.
3.) They'll downsize the LS motor which would make it uncompetitive..
4.) They'll do the dreaded TC V6 for the SS or finally make a OHC motor to be competitive at smaller displacements to keep prices lower.

Last edited:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just going to say by 2020 the Camaro 1ss will be 40k starting MSRP if they plan to stick with the 6.2 V8 route. If sells don't pick up without incentives or the refresh come a few years from now... I can honestly say GM will be backed in a corner.

1.) Either Chassis improvements stop to further the life of it's V8 to keep price down.
2.) they'll continue to bite the bullet and offer stupid discounts.
3.) They'll downsize the LS motor which would make it uncompetitive..
4.) They'll do the dreaded TC V6 for the SS or finally make a OHC motor to be competitive at smaller displacements to keep prices lower.
Possibly, I see it happening one of two ways. Since Holden has been axed GM will bring over a Opel platform and stick the camaro name on it or the GM bean counters will axe camaro because it's not making them enough profit. Profits are all GM brass care about.

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Possibly, I see it happening one of two ways. Since Holden has been axed GM will bring over a Opel platform and stick the camaro name on it or the GM bean counters will axe camaro because it's not making them enough profit. Profits are all GM brass care about.
What I don't understand is that if this is all they care about how did they not see this obvious wall coming?

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What I don't understand is that if this is all they care about how did they not see this obvious wall coming?
I truly believe that they thought that they (GM) would have a repeat of the introduction of the gen 5 camaro so they got greedy and jacked up the price and built the hell out of them. Greed will blind people especially when they have a low opinion of the people who buy their cars.

14MustangV6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Loaded up 2016 Camaro 2SS on KBB with 7k miles used in excellent condition has a trade in value of $30,000. That's not very satisfying for a car barely a year old. The 2016 GT Premium's resale value remains pretty solid throughout the first year.
Out of curiosity, I just checked a 1SS Camaro and a base GT on Canadian Black Book trade-in value, and they're basically the same value. This is pretty good for Mustang owners when you consider the gap in initial MSRP.

Sponsored

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Smoking deals on Camaros in my area right now. All the chevy lots have dozens of them sitting around. So much for chevys game plan on selling less cars for a higher profit.:lol: On the flip side all the ford dealers are running low inventory on mustangs. Im guessing ford doesn't want to have too many sitting around with a refresh coming.:shrug:
20161009_103435_resized.jpg

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Smoking deals on Camaros in my area right now. All the chevy lots have dozens of them sitting around. So much for chevys game plan on selling less cars for a higher profit.:lol: On the flip side all the ford dealers are running low inventory on mustangs. Im guessing ford doesn't want to have too many sitting around with a refresh coming.:shrug:
That's what I'm seeing my area also. My dealer usually has around 15 Mustang's all the time they now only have 4, a White platinum premium ecoboost coupe a base GT in Grabber blue, a California special Shadow Black GT and Ruby red GT350. :ford:

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier

Ron54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT V8
I wonder how the large backlogs for Mustangs ordered overseas is playing into Fords thinking. It is springtime in Aus and NZ now and never ending summer in a lot of other places.

I wish we had monthly Mustang shipment data for at least the different oversea regions. Just think of how many more conversations we could have to fill forum threads and to hassle Camaro fans with.
John

The waiting list for the 2017 model is now out to the end of 2017 and they still have not completed the 2016 orders yet in Australia

Ron
Sponsored