SCCA CAM-C Thread

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Ah, didn't realize they'd been out of production that long. I'll ask him to make sure. He's asking $400/8 of them, so it seemed too good to pass up on.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to bet Steeda starts too low mA on the min end of the shock. Going up by 50 mA will make a massive difference, but the car dynamics significantly change too. Hopefully they work with you.
that would be fantastisch. I don't have the Steeda calibration but the Ford one is significantly lacking in rebound damping across all modes, and has entirely too much high-speed comp esp in Track mode.

Wish Steeda would get serious and offer multiple maps.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
What do you amigos think about the Potenza RE-71R tires? Found some with a single track day on em for a wicked deal and thinking about pulling the trigger. My SP2 wheels I just bought came with some gently used SuperCar 3s, so just thinking I could go ahead and start a tire depot ala @shogun32.
Life is too short to autocross uncompetitive tires. A052, RE-71RS or bustā€¦ unless maybe you are really addicted to Kumho bucks.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
that would be fantastisch. I don't have the Steeda calibration but the Ford one is significantly lacking in rebound damping across all modes, and has entirely too much high-speed comp esp in Track mode.

Wish Steeda would get serious and offer multiple maps.
"That's the map that works best on our setup."

-Steeda, probably:rolleyes:

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Life is too short to autocross uncompetitive tires. A052, RE-71RS or bustā€¦ unless maybe you are really addicted to Kumho bucks.
I don't know if I'd even be competitive, Dana! lol. But I appreciate the advice.

Sponsored

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
@rxryanm its best to be uncompetitive with as few excuses as possible. That way you can focus on the driving and not hide behind mechanical deficiencies.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Setback today: fedex ā€œdamagedā€ my brembo package boxā€¦.now come to find out they repackaged itā€¦but half of it is missing. One of the boxes looks like someone tore it open. Time to get in touch with late model restoration tomorrow and see if they will rush me a replacement.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
That sucks.

I stuck 500 #/in springs in the front, so now it's 500's all around. Also 4 new Potenza shoes. I've got a long drive tomorrow to evaluate. This allow me to get rid of my 25mm spacers on the front because it changes the position of my spring/spring perch and gets it out of the way. It's still bloody tight between the tire and the spring perch.

Reset toe. 1/2mm in on each front and 1 1/2mm in on each rear (19in wheel). I'm not sure what that works into in civilian numbers, but it gives pretty good wear. I didn't set camber, just hit my marks (full in).

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
That sucks.

I stuck 500 #/in springs in the front, so now it's 500's all around. Also 4 new Potenza shoes. I've got a long drive tomorrow to evaluate. This allow me to get rid of my 25mm spacers on the front because it changes the position of my spring/spring perch and gets it out of the way. It's still bloody tight between the tire and the spring perch.

Reset toe. 1/2mm in on each front and 1 1/2mm in on each rear (19in wheel). I'm not sure what that works into in civilian numbers, but it gives pretty good wear. I didn't set camber, just hit my marks (full in).
I am glad I am not the only one who uses MM to measure toe LOL....I do need to find a metal ruler with 1/2 mm marks though. It would make life so much easier.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I use calipers, just because I'm fussy about setup. If I'm using a steel rule my rule is this.

If the string hides the ruler line, then it's on the mm. If you can see the two ruler lines on either side of the toe string, then it's on the 1/2 mm. And that's pretty damned accurate.

On the bright side, the Potenzas are nice and I made it a couple hundred miles this morning without anything (I know of) falling off. Thank God for small miracles.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Check. Next?
IMG_2063.jpeg

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Well now Iā€™m thinking of replacing my Gen2 drivetrain with one out of a wrecked GT350 (1st gen).

Cost is similar to a well rebuilt Gen3/2/2 ready for high RPM use, and power will probably be similar. The Tremec seems like a win for the gearing for me. Sure Iā€™ll be down a little on torque, but I can forget dealing with shifting to 3rd and I might also solve me fueling issues at the same time. Hmm

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Well now Iā€™m thinking of replacing my Gen2 drivetrain with one out of a wrecked GT350 (1st gen).

Cost is similar to a well rebuilt Gen3/2/2 ready for high RPM use, and power will probably be similar. The Tremec seems like a win for the gearing for me. Sure Iā€™ll be down a little on torque, but I can forget dealing with shifting to 3rd and I might also solve me fueling issues at the same time. Hmm
Do it! Wish I could be there to help and learn for when I blow my 6 up one day šŸ«£šŸ˜‰
Sponsored