Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
That's about 10 degrees AOA I think. It feels fine but I haven't really experimented much with it.

Btw - Solostorm today worked perfectly fine (it does have newest updates). Race Capture Track MK2, GoPro 8 and Fire 8.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Different elements, but I run my Verus at the full 15* AOA would dial it back if I was running at Road Atlanta.

_MG_8746.jpg

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Different elements, but I run my Verus at the full 15* AOA would dial it back if I was running at Road Atlanta.

_MG_8746.jpg

not that it matters, but I’m pretty sure that’s 17 degree AoA.

IMG_0965.jpeg

Sponsored

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I need to get you to make me a livery. You did way too good man, I keep admiring the pics on here.

See that's what happens when you get it 3rd hand and don't get all the instructions LOL.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I need to get you to make me a livery. You did way too good man, I keep admiring the pics on here.

Thanks, but it was 90% just taken from these two cars and then tweaked slightly to work with my colors and for the parts installed on my car.

53684929543_a3fa1cb96b_h.jpg

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
That's about 10 degrees AOA I think. It feels fine but I haven't really experimented much with it.

Btw - Solostorm today worked perfectly fine (it does have newest updates). Race Capture Track MK2, GoPro 8 and Fire 8.
Mine works on my phone. For whatever reason my Fire HD 8 won't communicate with the GoPro. Well it won't overlay the video. It does tell the GoPro to turn on, and if I manually start the GoPro, it will stop it once I hit the min speed threshold.

No idea what's going on since it works for others with the Fire 8.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Mine works on my phone. For whatever reason my Fire HD 8 won't communicate with the GoPro. Well it won't overlay the video. It does tell the GoPro to turn on, and if I manually start the GoPro, it will stop it once I hit the min speed threshold.

Generating overlay is something I haven't done after an update so maybe it was premature. I'll try Monday when I'm back home from here (STL)

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
How does the car feel with that much angle on the wing?
However good it feels, it feels better with more. And then go to Home Depot and get a piece of 1/2" x 1/2" aluminum angle to tape to the top side of the trailing edge. It'll feel better, yet.

Last edited:

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
So I pulled off my J&M delrin bushing vertical links and replaced them. These had started squeaking like hell and when I got them out, they were damned near frozen tight. I don't recommend anyone using delrin in this position. It has too many planes of articulation for delrin to put up with it. I think the Steeda Poly is probably fine, because it can accommodate quite a quite a bit of deformation. The delrin doesn't. I switched these out for the J&M monoball version. Perfect fit and quiet like I haven't heard for too long. These are a 0 NVH item for me if the bushings aren't squeaking.

So, now I have these 2 perfectly good vertical links with bad bushings. J&M will upgrade these to the monoball version for a certain amount of cash. I think around $100. If someone wants these as cores to send in and get made into monoball versions, I'm happy to give them away to someone here. You pay my shipping to J&M and then you take it from there with him. They're nice pieces, I just thing the delrin idea didn't pan out. I was originally looking at STU which requires bushings to remain bushings or I would have never have gotten these, to be honest. They were one of my purchases on the first big bushing bash at 1200 miles.

If no one here wants them, I'll pull the inserts out and clean them up on a lathe to get them functioning again and stick them on the marketplace.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150

It downloaded the video (high quality) and now is generating overlay. Seems to be working. At which point exactly does your crap out ?

Btw - trailer tire - did anyone ever see something similar ?
PXL_20240505_145330732.jpg

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Getting more dialed in on these Yokohamas now after my second event. Settled in at 34 psi front and 32 rear and enjoying the balance and steering feel. Reviewing the suspension datalog and getting it synced up with the video ti tet and figure out what tweaks we may be able to make.

Timing error scrubbed my 6th and final run that felt like my fastest of the day. Got a rerun and decided to send it. Ended up with the fastest recorded time of the day (not counting the 17 second timing error) and set a time fast enough to win CAM and finish in the top 10 on raw and pax, but threw it away by just barely clipping an apex cone.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
It downloaded the video (high quality) and now is generating overlay. Seems to be working. At which point exactly does your crap out ?

Btw - trailer tire - did anyone ever see something similar ?
PXL_20240505_145330732.jpg
It stops working right from the start. It won't kick on the GoPro once staged. On my phone, it does kick it on. Then, if I manually turn on the GoPro, it shows on Solostorm that the camera is running. But as I go through the start line, it won't flip to the timing screen, where as on my phone, it does. Then when I cross the finish line, on the Tablet it does nothing until I hit the min speed threshold, where as on my phone, it stops the recording, and begins overlaying all the data for analysis.

It's something right from the start considering the GoPro doesn't start as it should. And what is more telling is there has been a half dozen new releases of Solostorm in the last two weeks. That tells me I am not the only one with issues.

Regardless, it works on my phone, so I can make it work for now. May find a used cheap tablet just for this.

As for the tire, I am curious as wheel. Our camper has one, but we don't pull it far enough for me to worry about it.
Sponsored