SCCA CAM-C Thread

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Update: found a brembo kit for cheap :) taking ya'lls advice.

Also learned from John @steeda that you don't need to upgrade anything else. 6-pots and 4-pots and 2-pots all had the same master cylinder across the models of 2015-2017. For anyone else wanting to upgrade 2-pots to 6-pots and skip 4-pots, just wanted that info out there for you in case your brain goes wee-woo-wee like mine.
The piston area of those 3 calipers is within a couple of percent. The differences in braking power comes from the differences in swept area. It doesn't surprise me that they use the same master. I'd like to find one that was significantly bigger to take a little sensitivity out of the pedal, but I don't think that's a thing. I wonder if we have any opportunity to reduce the assist?
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The piston area of those 3 calipers is within a couple of percent. The differences in braking power comes from the differences in swept area. It doesn't surprise me that they use the same master. I'd like to find one that was significantly bigger to take a little sensitivity out of the pedal, but I don't think that's a thing. I wonder if we have any opportunity to reduce the assist?
https://brakepower.com/brake-booster-ratio.htm

Just have kids lend a hand.
And see attached.

https://www.mcmaster.com/products/vacuum-regulators/

You can fab something for that.

Per Mr Wonderful standard policy, I'll take a royalty figure of future sales.

Attachments

Last edited:

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
@shogun32 Quick question for the less brainy of us...automatic vs manual doesn't affect brakes correct? So I don't need to worry that I have the (unwanted, less than desirable) automatic trans for this 6-pot upgrade?

I apologize for sounding un-smart with this question. But I don't believe there is a stupid question...just one that makes the asker look stupid to some.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
us...automatic vs manual doesn't affect brakes correct?
Well you'll work the brakes less on the faster 6mt car because you can also use clutch modulation to regulate corner entry speed and chassis weight balance. 😀

Sponsored

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Well you'll work the brakes less on the faster 6mt car because you can also use clutch modulation to regulate corner entry speed and chassis weight balance. 😀
Good I take that as “no it doesn’t affect brake MC” 😂

This is so true…paddle shift doesn’t do a true clutch justice

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Anyone here running Solostorm on a Amazon Fire 8HD? I have some questions for you...
I am - not sure which version out of bazilion that Amazon released but pretty sure it is 8" one.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Going to shoot you a PM. I'm having issues with my GoPro not triggering.
I've heard from several people elsewhere that after newest SoloStorm updates they had issues with GoPro starting - I will up front say that I haven't used it this year as the only event I've done (that DriveAutoX), tablet and camera were among the things I forgot to take with me.
When I quickly powered it up yesterday, camera connected to tablet and SS and was shown as ready. I'll test it this weekend.

Might be worth looking at trigger settings in case they changed with the update - it technically is supposed to start at the "Stage" location that is entered as a course marker.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I've heard from several people elsewhere that after newest SoloStorm updates they had issues with GoPro starting - I will up front say that I haven't used it this year as the only event I've done (that DriveAutoX), tablet and camera were among the things I forgot to take with me.
When I quickly powered it up yesterday, camera connected to tablet and SS and was shown as ready. I'll test it this weekend.

Might be worth looking at trigger settings in case they changed with the update - it technically is supposed to start at the "Stage" location that is entered as a course marker.
That's the issue I have now. It will trigger it when staged now. I think the issue I have is I tested it on my road, and I didn't hit the minimum speed as I was going through the start point, and I think it's not triggering to start collecting data.

I thought there was a G Force setting that also allowed the data to start collecting, but it appears there isn't one on this version.

I need to do more testing, but I am glad that apparently I'm not the only one with Go Pro issues. Each time I ask Solostorm, they tell me everything is fine, no bugs, and everything I am experiencing is just me.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
never ever update anything unless you know you need the update :)

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
That's the issue I have now. It will trigger it when staged now. I think the issue I have is I tested it on my road, and I didn't hit the minimum speed as I was going through the start point, and I think it's not triggering to start collecting data.

I thought there was a G Force setting that also allowed the data to start collecting, but it appears there isn't one on this version.

I need to do more testing, but I am glad that apparently I'm not the only one with Go Pro issues. Each time I ask Solostorm, they tell me everything is fine, no bugs, and everything I am experiencing is just me.
Logger uses trigger - like certain speed for xx seconds. It is somewhat independent of the camera.
Camera either uses staging point to start or you can start it manually.
Start and finish course markers are only used to compare the logs and they don't really trigger anything.

That's at least how it used to work unless they changed something in the updated versions.