Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Maybe educate yourself how it’s done and report back
For example
Most police officers are trained in how to visually estimate the speed of cars. ... The estimation skill is honed by comparing the estimates with the radar reading. Variables such as the size, color, and distance from a vehicle affect the perceived speed of the vehicle when visually estimating speed.
Nice edit. But estimates don’t hold up in court. Ever! Only hard facts hold up in court. A radar gun doesn’t even hold up in court without a yearly certification. Pay attention. The next time you are clocked with a radar gun. Request a discovery package from the prosecution. Ask for the certification on the radar equipment used. They are rarely up to date as they have to be taken out of service for an extended period of time. And sent to a third party for calibration. Without a current cert. The judge has no choice but to throw the case out. It’s a dirty little secret that most don’t know about. Police would rather lose a few cases. Than take a radar gun out of service. If you think I’m bullshitting. Google what I just said. Now back to this training and estimates you speak of. Or more specific how does a guesstimate stand up in court?

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. You guys need to just STFU. Drive your cars please.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Nice edit. But estimates don’t hold up in court. Ever! Only hard facts hold up in court. A radar gun doesn’t even hold up in court without a yearly certification. Pay attention. The next time you are clocked with a radar gun. Request a discovery package from the prosecution. Ask for the certification on the radar equipment used. They are rarely up to date as they have to be taken out of service for an extended period of time. And sent to a third party for calibration. Without a current cert. The judge has no choice but to throw the case out. It’s a dirty little secret that most don’t know about. Police would rather lose a few cases. Than take a radar gun out of service. If you think I’m bullshitting. Google what I just said. Now back to this training and estimates you speak of. Or more specific how does a guesstimate stand up in court?
Information is always welcome

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Sounds like simple harassment if you actually have mufflers, lol. Especially since the human ear isn't good at determining actual sound levels anyway. Two sounds 3DB apart will sound exactly the same to most people in terms of loudness (despite it mathematically being a relatively large difference).

To those saying loud noises are only for children, you're entitled to your opinion, even if it's wrong. I didn't buy a V8 to not hear it. With that said, it's possible to be on the louder side and be respectful of other people.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
No they don’t.

They do, because I used to get a lot of them, that guy is incorrect in saying that you can't beat an estimate from the officer in court because you can. They have to get me on radar to get my guilty plea lol.

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
They do, because I used to get a lot of them, that guy is incorrect in saying that you can't beat an estimate from the officer in court because you can. They have to get me on radar to get my guilty plea lol.
Yes, as they should.
Or on laser.
Or with aerial surveillance.
Or trailing you for a time and distance on their own speedometer (though this one is more iffy).
They know - or at least they should - that any “estimate” without something like that won’t hold up beyond a reasonable doubt, which is the standard here in Ontario, probably in most or all US states, too.
And it’s at least harassment and maybe even an abuse of power, frankly, for a cop to write a ticket if they don’t have that kind of evidence because they know it’s a ticket they can’t win.
Not very politically astute either in the current climate of suspicion of police, whatever your take on that may be.
Which is probably why I’ve never even heard of the cops even trying to ticket you on nothing more than an “estimate” where I live, though I’m sure it occasionally happens here, too.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
50 state legal? You mean carb legal, right? There is no way an aftermarket exhaust can say it is 50 state legal except for carb unless they have tested it to be quieter or equal to factory db.
I see your point...can’t do much about a law that doesn’t allow any exhaust modification at all.

The Ford Performance by Borla Touring does get close though, and some could argue it’s a factory option. Passed Germany’s strict inspection twice...barely. 94.6db —limit was 95db. No issues in New York now either (knock on wood).

https://www.borla.com/products/ford-mustang-gt-cat-back-exhaust-system-1014040

Sponsored

Jumpmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darron
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
For example
Most police officers are trained in how to visually estimate the speed of cars. ... The estimation skill is honed by comparing the estimates with the radar reading. Variables such as the size, color, and distance from a vehicle affect the perceived speed of the vehicle when visually estimating speed.
Okay so educate yourself. Yes police are trained to visually estimate speed however it must be verified by a certified detection device Before a ticket can be issued.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
The one ticket I got, the prosecutor had the cert in hand when I entered the court room and volunteered it. Being my one and only ticket, judge suspended it for 6 mo ths pending I didn't get another and then dismissed it.

I think the courts (prosecutors) are far smarter now then in past years.

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
The cops here randomly shut down a few lanes of traffic on cruise night, and funnel everyone into a single lane. When I came up to them they asked me to rev my engine.. I knew right away the noise tax was a comin.
This is where my active exhaust works well. As the cop approaches, shift it from Track to Quiet mode and show them that Toyota Camry exhaust.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
For example
bcf.png

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Where was the stop?
What mods to exhaust have you done?
Op found a beater fart can that fell off a Honda ricer. Mexico City is full of them. :wink: Kinda like flies on manure.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.