Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Well, cops routinely give speeding tickets based on their estimate of the speed. They are trained for it and you will not beat it in court
Some department train their officers the same way regarding noise
No sure in Canada
Anyhow, loud exhaust is a lack of respect for other people and there is no excuse for it pass the age of acne and pimples
Total .....Nonsense ..............just because someone breaths air does not mean they deserve respect. Your donkey is showing... :champagne:
Sponsored

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Wtf is a check stop. I’ve never seen one of those in my life. The only checkpoints we have are for DWIs.

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Well, cops routinely give speeding tickets based on their estimate of the speed. They are trained for it and you will not beat it in court
No sure in Canada
Anyhow, loud exhaust is a lack of respect for other people and there is no excuse for it pass the age of acne and pimples
There is not a training on detecting loudness of mufflers. Come on now.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Wtf is a check stop. I’ve never seen one of those in my life. The only checkpoints we have are for DWIs.
The cops here randomly shut down a few lanes of traffic on cruise night, and funnel everyone into a single lane. When I came up to them they asked me to rev my engine.. I knew right away the noise tax was a comin.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
No sure in Canada
Just how on earth are you trained to hear if something is above a certain decibel? Or how are they trained to guesstimate how fast someone is going? That shit would never stick with someone with half a brain willing to fight that on their own. Or someone that retains a lawyer.

Sponsored

Super-Genius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Oxford White Mustang GT
So last night I got my first ever muffler ticket, but no 'fix it' ticket. $174 during a 'checkstop' to check vehicle equipment haha. I was very polite to the cop, told him your are most entitled to your opinion on what the definition of 'louder than stock is'. No decibel meter was used. 6 mins later I was outta there. I plan on pleading not guilty and get the ticket tossed.
ticket2.jpg

ticket.jpg
Man, that sucks. Just so you know, in Texas, I got 2 ... one for no front license plate, and one for a "modified" exhaust. Lol. It was about 20 years ago, but I got them both tossed. :like:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
My axle backs are 50 state legal. Which means California legal, which translate to it’s a noise tax .... so that tickets is
1f4af.png
% bogus. I ain't gonna pay one goddamn red cent. Well, we don't have cents in Canada anymore so I ain't gonna pay one goddamn nickel.
50 state legal? You mean carb legal, right? There is no way an aftermarket exhaust can say it is 50 state legal except for carb unless they have tested it to be quieter or equal to factory db.

My state HAD the law "No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle in any manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted above that emitted by the original muffler installed in the vehicle and such original muffler shall comply with all the requirements of this section."

Fortunately they got rid of it a few years ago so we can modify, just can't straight pipe.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
You mean carb legal, right?
Haha yes Sir. " These exhaust systems are 50-state emission legal and are covered by SLPs lifetime limited warranty. "

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
What are you confused about exactly ?
I assume you are thinking he was talking politics mr. super genius. You do understand that donkeys are often called asses? By Democratics & Republicans alike.

Super-Genius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Oxford White Mustang GT
I assume you are thinking he was talking politics mr. super genius. You do understand that donkeys are often called asses. By Democratics & Republicans alike.
If that's the case, then please accept my humblest of apologies. I'm just so used to seeing the shit everywhere the response is almost automatic

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Just how on earth are you trained to hear if something is above a certain decibel? Or how are they trained to guesstimate how fast someone is going? That shit would never stick with someone with half a brain willing to fight that on their own. Or someone that retains a lawyer.
Maybe educate yourself how it’s done and report back
For example
Most police officers are trained in how to visually estimate the speed of cars. ... The estimation skill is honed by comparing the estimates with the radar reading. Variables such as the size, color, and distance from a vehicle affect the perceived speed of the vehicle when visually estimating speed.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Maybe educate yourself how it’s done and report back
You said the stupid shit. I’m just calling you on it. If you can’t back up the bullshit you’re spewing. It’s fine by me. I read stupid shit on the interwebs all the time.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.