Sponsored

Retro-esque ideas needed

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
I've always been a big fan of the muscle car era, (obviously, I own a Mustang, lol) and i like the fact that the old school looks are used on new vehicles.
That being said, what are some tasteful old school modifications/additions I could make to the interior/exterior of my car? Its a ruby red GT with the PP. I already have a deep rumbling exhaust, sounds great.
It could be something as small as fuzzy dice or a suicide knob to whatever else you guys can think of. I'd prefer not to do any stripes or vinyls on the car.
Thanks in advance for the ideas everyone!
(btw not quite ready to get aftermarket wheels yet)
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
How about an old school chain link steering wheel? lol :lol:

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Tough one-- original Muscle car era was about stripes, blackout panels, hood scoops, rear wings/spoilers, AND stripes (not just over body but sides, nose, rear quarter - look at what was done on the Camaro, Cuda/Challenger, Charger etc).

fuzzy dice, suicide knobs are more 50s image....and the "big" cars of the era...57 Chevy, Nomads etc...they would be out of place on a Mustang.

Trivia Questions as to early appearance mods at the factory--

1. The original GT350 paint scheme---white with the Blue LeMans stripes---that design was NOT invented/created by Carroll Shelby---what car did he take that look from and why? hint- it ain't a Ford. The question above includes a HUGE hint.

2. The lower rocker stripe of the GT350 and normal 1st generation Mustang GTs*--where did they start within Ford? What car did Ford tie those Mustang GT stripes to in advertising campaigns? Look through your old back issues of Motor Trend, Car & Drive, Sports Car Graphic from 1964-65 for your answer.

*note--Ford has a big habit of runnign the rocker panel stripes with "Mustang" wording on 6 cyl cars over the past 15 years (at least).... those stripes were ORIGINALLY only used on factory built Mustang GTs and used to signify a GT. Ford later moved the GT "look" to 6 cyl cars to increase sales by giving them the GT look.

odspice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GrabberOrange
Grab a 60s style Fender Stratocaster and throw it in the back seat

Sponsored

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
Knock Off Rims

Blue Dot Tail Lights

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
You can go for some classic badges, like 68 GT logo, tribar grill, scoops or louvres, perhaps classic mustang script on the dash - just saying its tasteful and pays homage to the classics which came before it

Grim_Reaper

'Merica
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special 10-spd
Agree that the louvers, scoopsc and stripes would be a great way to pay homage to the classics. I actually plan on getting the rear louver for mine, along with quarter window louvers, and an aftermarket scooped hood. I personally love that aggressive less refined look. Now I will also be going widebody fenders and bagging the car lol so some might say that isn't retro :)

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
A subtle change would be to change the engine badge and fender badges to 302

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
You can go for some classic badges, like 68 GT logo
Should have my take on this on my car's rump this weekend. There will be a thread, stay tuned.

:D

El_Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
fonz
Vehicle(s)
s550 coyote, 3 peddles, big brakes and rec seats
curb feelers, knock off rims, pin striping, painted murals, anything rat fink, cut out gauge pods, jacked up rear ends for that raked look.

idk buy a 65 mustang and called it a day?

SVOv2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP 6MT
60/70's style.. I'm thinking Cragar SSs, Centerlines, Lifted rear with ladder bars (leaf springs), Side exit exhaust, 8 track, Window louvers, oh, panels punched with louvers, tall hood scoops.. They had some wild paint schemes... lowrider style. Gauges on the hood/cowl, Running hoodless.. Those are the "biggies" I remember...

SVOv2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP 6MT
Hurst T-Shifter, tubs/narrowed rear ends. fender flares, white lettering on tires, chrome valve covers and air cleaners, "Keep on Truckin" stickers... I'll stop now.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
White ball shifter knob, wood steering wheel.
Sponsored